United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Tiberian

Default Re: *Official* United v Chelsea Match Thread - Teams, Links and This way for post match arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fair enough. i thought he was poor against arsenal tbh, though the rest was fantastic, and i'm not sure he seems on the same wavelength as the rest with the fast passing we're playing this year.
His all round game is not that good Bors. I was saying that last year despite the goals. You disagreed then but he is quite one dimensional.

The Return of JC

Default Re: *Official* United v Chelsea Match Thread - Teams, Links and This way for post match arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
What a contradictory, strange sport Football can be.

Utd have not played that well, Chelsea were excellent for large periods but it is 3-0. Perhaps we just have to accept that this is the Utd for this season, never totally in control but bursting with goals and threat.

Quite a lot to be concerned about really, defence is all over the shop, some playing offside, others not, full backs being caused a lot of trouble.

Midfield is wide open, Anderson had his worst half of the season, Ramires sticking very close to him not allowing him the time to initiate attacks from deep. Fletcher is not showing for the ball enough in these area which is forcing Utd to play wide to the wings with long balls. Utd have been great in wide areas.

Up front Hernandez is showing some of the limitations in his game, not really holding the ball up, and somewhat anonymous really.

But, the goal threat is immense, and the players do not lose confidence, keep believing . De Gea with a big save is another great moment for him early in his career, and with all these young players you can almost feel the team spirit and togetherness amongst them.
Agree with that. We can't have it all ways. I'd happily be a little more open to play with such attacking verve. It's what we're all about.

borsuk

anderson gave the ball away three or four times in a 15-minute spell but other than that he's played well imo. we need to get him on the ball as much as possible.

Lok

Ffs.

irk

£#%&! lumplard has been rumbled at long last

andyroo

Ach shite.

believe

uh oh

Fuzzy Dunlop

jesus. Fast asleep.

Ginners

£#%&!sake, jones asleep

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:04 PM
taff

Zorg

Awful defending.

irk

£#%&!ing sleeping there

Sparky***

£#%&!ing ballwatching

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:05 PM
magic_cantona

3-3 nqat.

We're shit.

Midfields been £#%&!.

And I lost my dolphin.

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
3-3 nqat.

We're shit.

Midfields been £#%&!.

And I lost my dolphin.
'Tis better to have loved and lost...

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:06 PM
irk

I feel the clammy hands of the curse around my ballsack

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

next goal is vital.

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:08 PM
irk

Dreadful decision by dowd there. Is this where he makes a rod for his own back and gets card happy?

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:10 PM
denis lawless

blow the final whistle ffs

Unread 18-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Tiberian

Evans needs to step up here. Most experienced of the young defenders but he has looked uncertain all game.