United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Tronics

brilliant performance.

that front 3 gave Arsenal a torrid time.

ando relieved a bit of pressure in the midfield with some of his runs, just a shame nothing came of them.

carrick and fletcher were awesome, they bossed the midfield all night.

rooney on the left was good too, was cutting in at will.

we'll do 'em @ the emirates too, their totally toothless without RVP and Arshavin.

Unread 29-04-2009, 09:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
brilliant performance.

that front 3 gave Arsenal a torrid time.

ando relieved a bit of pressure in the midfield with some of his runs, just a shame nothing came of them.

carrick and fletcher were awesome, they bossed the midfield all night.

rooney on the left was good too, was cutting in at will.

we'll do 'em @ the emirates too, their totally toothless without RVP and Arshavin.
brov adam and marvin has switched off their phones

Unread 29-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Not sure why he's taking corners, to me his whole kicking technique is, erm, unreliable lets say. When he comes to taking a shot he manages to contort his body into some very awkward positions
I think that's his problem, he's anxious to shoot and contorts his body to do so when it isn't really a shooting chance. Just because you get the ball in a shooting position, if it isn't sitting up right then it isn't really a shooting chance. It's clear he's going to be an immense player soon tho.

Unread 29-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Ether

"Were it a Murder Mystery weekend, what clues have we got"

£#%&! me, you've got to love the standard of punditry in this country

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
What the £#%&! is Andy Gray prattling on about?
Actually said that this result is better for arsenal, they lost ffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
some of you are ungrateful.

great game imo. that first half was the total football most had been on about.
Yep, we won the game and kept a clean sheet. Arsenal can play into our hands at the Emirates,.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:18 PM
dunk

Did that referee actually give us a free kick? I'm pretty damn sure he didn't give Ronaldo a single one.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:20 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Did that referee actually give us a free kick? I'm pretty damn sure he didn't give Ronaldo a single one.
that referee was a @#%&!.
i was reading something about him saying he wasnt going to fall for ronaldos 'dives' this morning.

he was practically helping arsenal and would have given them a penalty if they actually got into our penalty area.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
that referee was a @#%&!.
i was reading something about him saying he wasnt going to fall for ronaldos 'dives' this morning.

he was practically helping arsenal and would have given them a penalty if they actually got into our penalty area.

Twice in that second half Ronaldo was taken down in a decent position and he waved play on. Fletcher was taken out but ran through the challenge so he played on. I don't think he gave us a foul in the 2nd half until the 65th minute, and when he did he made sure it was as far away from the Arsenal goal as possible.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Flowers of Manchester

the ref's a @#%&!

that one on the edge of the box Gibbs trailing leg caught Ronaldo. Ref had a clear view.

happy enough - but for poor finishing/saves we would have one step in Rome now.

we should have enough now to get through - crucial not to concede tonight I thought. even if it was 0-0, as long as we didnt concede.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Whalefish

The ref was a @#%&!. Was he Danish? He certainly looked stupid.

Anyway, decent win and a good clean sheet. Great XI to start with a nice substitutions from Fergie.

I don't think Arsenal will be as bad as they were tonight next Tuesday just hope we don't regret some of those missed chances. Hey ho, onto Boro.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:42 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
this team is going to sweep all before it next season, you mark my words.
Starting to sound like a scouser.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Sloppy

Did Tyler mention united at any time in tonights commentary?

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:46 PM
dunk

Just watching Fergie being interviewed on MUTV, sounds like Rio is £#%&!ed

'Patrice, are you happy with the result?'

'No!'

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:48 PM
magic_cantona

We were total class tonight.

The midfield were superb.

Does anyone think that we won't get through?

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:49 PM
redhegemony

1-0 going away to the San Siro or Barca or Real might not be so great but away to a place in England where all the players have been before, some probably a dozen times,is completely different.

What odds would the Arse be to win a home game minus one goal start? 4-1?

i doubt there will be many fans at London City Airport with welcome to hell banners.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Did Tyler mention united at any time in tonights commentary?
He mentioned we lost the penalty shoot out in the FA Cup Semi

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:52 PM
captain scarlet

Any news on Rio?

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
Any news on Rio?
SAF said he won't play Saturday, Evans will replace him for Saturday and Tuesday.

Looks like a broke rib, 2-3 weeks

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:58 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
SAF said he won't play Saturday, Evans will replace him for Saturday and Tuesday.

£#%&! sake.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Looked like he crocked his back/hip giving away the foul that led to VDS clattering him, too.
Closed Thread