United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should Greenwood be allowed to play for us again?
Yes 41 33.33%
No 82 66.67%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:55 PM
My Name is Heath

Is he a good guy?

No - I don’t like him at all

What about Tony Adams drink driving a car through a wall?

Could have killed innocent people and yet he was welcomed like a hero back to the team

If we got rid of all #@&%!heads we would be playing 5 a side

Either we follow the law or we don’t.

Let him play.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:57 PM
dunk

Heath, you are plummeting in my estimation on a daily basis atm.

Just because the case was dropped because key witnesses refused to testify does not mean the law worked.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Is he a good guy?

Could have killed innocent people and yet he was welcomed like a hero back to the team

Let him play.
There’s a difference between COULD have doing something and actually doing something.

He hasn’t been declared innocent The charges have been dropped due to withdrawal of evidence . If it went to trial and he was found not guilty then fair enough , welcome him back with open arms.

But they’ve been dropped not because he was found innocent but because of evidence/witness withdrawal.

Heard the audio tapes when it first came out and it was horrific.

Unread 02-02-2023, 03:59 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Heath, you are plummeting in my estimation on a daily basis atm.

Just because the case was dropped because key witnesses refused to testify does not mean the law worked.
Personally I think using the law as the backbone of your moral decisions is pretty weak.

We live in a world where some of the most reprehensible beings are protected by the law.

Think for yourself man.

What if it was your daughter this happened to, Heath?

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:04 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Is he a good guy?

Let him play.
you're a strange bloke these days

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:06 PM
RedNick80

I put 'No' without hesitation.

However, I entirely expecting someone to put forward an argument on here why he should, and then being swayed and finding it, like most things, to be more nuanced.

Page and a half in - nothing even close.

I heard the clips - don't care where he goes, never want to see him in a Utd shirt again.

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:07 PM
Sparky***

I can’t un hear that recording.

Not for me Jeff.

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
I put 'No' without hesitation.

However, I entirely expecting someone to put forward an argument on here why he should, and then being swayed and finding it, like most things, to be more nuanced.

Page and a half in - nothing even close.

I heard the clips - don't care where he goes, never want to see him in a Utd shirt again.
100% this. Dropped charges doesn’t mean he was innocent. Now if it comes out in the next few days or weeks that for whatever reason, the recording was some weird role play kink, or she was lying or whatever il change my tune.

I don’t see why she would originally press charges and go public with those videos if they weren’t true . What he said was horrific.

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:19 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
100% this. Dropped charges doesn’t mean he was innocent. Now if it comes out in the next few days or weeks that for whatever reason, the recording was some weird role play kink, or she was lying or whatever il change my tune.

I don’t see why she would originally press charges and go public with those videos if they weren’t true . What he said was horrific.
Not sure she pressed charges.

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Not sure she pressed charges.

I meant go to the police and report it.

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:21 PM
armchair

Quote:
I meant go to the police and report it.
Again, not sure she did.

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Again, not sure she did.
So who did?

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:26 PM
dunk

Didn’t her mate release the audio and pics on social media and it became a case to answer from there?

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:26 PM
goldfinger II

Ordinarily, if not actually found guilty of the crime, I'd think he should be free to resume playing, but in this case, we've actually heard some of the evidence and it's difficult to ignore.

Whilst not actual proof of rape, that audio strongly suggests he was an abusive @#%&!. Unless the audio was proven to something other than what it appears to be at face value, I don't see how he can play for the club again.

The best solution for everyone is for him to be sold to a foreign club as soon as possible. Tricky one for the club to handle in the meantime. Do they allow him to train etc?

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Ordinarily, if not actually found guilty of the crime, I'd think he should be free to resume playing, but in this case, we've actually heard some of the evidence and it's difficult to ignore.

Whilst not actual proof of rape, that audio strongly suggests he was an abusive @#%&!. Unless the audio was proven to something other than what it appears to be at face value, I don't see how he can play for the club again.

The best solution for everyone is for him to be sold to a foreign club as soon as possible. Tricky one for the club to handle in the meantime. Do they allow him to train etc?
This is the only thing that will exonerate him for me. Something has to come out where it shows the audio wasn’t what it was at face value. If that doesn’t happen you have to bin him. I’m sure the Saudi league or turkey or some place would take him

Quote:
Didn’t her mate release the audio and pics on social media and it became a case to answer from there?
Doesn’t somebody have to report it officially? I was assuming it was reported (even if it’s from her friends, the police would contact her and say would you like to proceed) she could have said no back then and we wouldn’t be here . however she did as we have it drag on for so long ?

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:36 PM
dunk

I’d imagine a member of the public reported it, then it has to be investigated.

She must’ve cooperated to some degree to get to the point of charging him, as they’re not going to waste time if there’s never a realistic prospect of conviction. They must also have convinced he’d been up to serious no good.

Proving it is the bitch in these cases as it’s so often he said/she said, concrete evidence is few and far between.

I’m not sure whether the evidence released on social media would be much use as everyone has seen it and it colours the case somewhat?

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:37 PM
jem

Quote:
You spelt infuriating wrong.
hmmm.... infuriating.

Quote:
He hasn’t been declared innocent The charges have been dropped due to withdrawal of evidence . If it went to trial and he was found not guilty then fair enough , welcome him back with open arms.
if it went to trial, he would be found not guilty. the cps said there is no reasonable chance of a conviction.

that doesn't change how you feel, but that's the law.

Quote:
Proving it is the bitch in these cases

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:38 PM
dunk

It must be so demoralising being a woman, knowing that if you’re attacked you can’t report as you’ll find everyone will be on your attackers side, can’t prosecute as there is never enough evidence and your life will be ruined twice over.

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:38 PM
Ethers

The CPS also said new material had come to light. Intrigued as to what that is.

Unread 02-02-2023, 04:41 PM
jem

Quote:
It must be so demoralising being a woman, knowing that if you’re attacked you can’t report as you’ll find everyone will be on your attackers side, can’t prosecute as there is never enough evidence and your life will be ruined twice over.
it must be demoralising know that you can't make choices for yourself without other people questioning them.

if she doesn't want to pursue the case, it's dead. do you know that she wanted to pursue it, but there wasn't enough evidence and everyone was on his side? pretty sure that's not accurate.
Closed Thread