United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who starts up front from now on?
Martial 4 13.33%
Weghorst 24 80.00%
Other(specify) 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2023, 11:33 AM
Sloppy

Default Who starts up front from now on?

Who is our starting striker When both are fit?

Martial or weghorst?

Unread 02-02-2023, 11:37 AM
NedKelly

For the time being it should be Weghorst. Martial has to earn his place back if he wants it.

Unread 02-02-2023, 11:37 AM
Dasilvatwins

Weggy has a much more positive influence in the overall tactics and way the team play. He presses nonstop for 90, holds up better, brings players into play and is a presence upfront.

Obviously he needs to be scoring more and he will not be our long term striker come the summer. However with him in 5 games we have managed 11 goals. That’s not to say it’s down to him but if we are scoring and he is contributing to the play and we are winning he has to start.

Unread 02-02-2023, 11:45 AM
History

Seems quite obvious now that 10H is not a fan of huge rotation preferring to use subs. Having a striker that can keep himself fit and allows a spine of a team to get into a rhythm is much more beneficial.

Martial can not be relied upon. He can hopefully can pop up with moments, however he has been close to useless for most of this season

Unread 02-02-2023, 11:54 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

depends on the game/opposition and the players physical condition

#logical

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:01 PM
Ethers

Weggy.

Tenners was throwing snide at martial and his fitness issues after the game

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:03 PM
Parlabane

Weghorst starts for me - he is non stop and can bully defences, Martial to come on later on and take advantage of tired legs

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:08 PM
atticusgrinch

Honestly, and i hate to say it, but No Heart Anthony. Hopefully the Notorious W.E.G can keep him honest and interested until the end of the season and we can get a real striker.

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:11 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Seems quite obvious now that 10H is not a fan of huge rotation preferring to use subs. Having a striker that can keep himself fit and allows a spine of a team to get into a rhythm is much more beneficial.

Martial can not be relied upon. He can hopefully can pop up with moments, however he has been close to useless for most of this season
This. It's a shame because Martial has the pace to run in behind, but I think ten Hag will use Weghorst to drop deeper and have the wide players do more of that instead.

Martial to be used in cameo appearances.

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:25 PM
jem

I wonder if we will ever play two strikers again.

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
For the time being it should be Weghorst. Martial has to earn his place back if he wants it.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

And this

Unread 02-02-2023, 12:51 PM
Bunker Buster

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=60

Bookmarked ..

Weggy benches martial.....

Unread 02-02-2023, 01:41 PM
Travis Bickle

Good to see Martial back. I read that he is now in United's top 25 ever goal scorers, equal with Beckham (85)

I'd start with Weghorst at the moment though - he has not let us down in the few games he has played. Nor has Antony. So my first choice attacking would be Rashford/Weghorst/Antony. The thought of Garnacho/Martial/Sancho coming on at 60 minutes would scare any team

Unread 02-02-2023, 01:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Be nice to perhaps actually have the luxury of a selection headache up. front. Genuine options instead of just trying to find solutions to problems.

Unread 02-02-2023, 01:52 PM
andyroo

Weggy til the end of the season then throw the bank at Osimhen

Unread 02-02-2023, 01:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Be nice to perhaps actually have the luxury of a selection headache up. front. Genuine options instead of just trying to find solutions to problems.
would love to have the same options in midfield.

and I don't mean weghorst or martial.

Unread 02-02-2023, 01:55 PM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Weggy til the end of the season then throw the bank at Osimhen
Agreed

Unread 02-02-2023, 02:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Next season. Taken care of the best 11. Squad depth is next. We didn’t have a single competent midfielder a year ago

Unread 02-02-2023, 02:14 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

indeed it's our Achilles heel.

Unread 02-02-2023, 02:59 PM
believe

You could have put any other member of the squad in place of weggy and I still wouldn’t choose Martial. Absolutely mind blowing that people are still trying to convince themselves that he’s got anything about him.
Closed Thread