United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-01-2023, 02:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Default Nottingham Forest F.C. vs Manchester United - EFL Cup Semi 1st Leg - Match Thread - 25/01/2023 8pm

Kick Off : 20:00 GMT

Manchester United Team news : Casemiro back from suspension. Dalot , Sancho & Martial out. Everybody else is available

Nottingham Forest Team news: Henderson is out. Chris Wood is cup tied

Manchester United will be looking to secure their first trophy in eight years starting with the EFL Cup as they prepare for their semi-final clash with fellow Premier League side Nottingham Forest. United have not lost to Forest since 1994 in all competitions and have never been defeated by them in the League Cup either - winning all three meetings.

Unread 25-01-2023, 02:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Big game and it won’t be easy. Forest are decent at home and will be ridiculously up for. No £#%&!ing about with the team. I don’t want to see Butland, Maguire, The Scottish Player or Elanga anywhere near the starting line up.

If we put out the shit @#%&!s and it costs us a place in the final, we’ve only ourselves to blame.

Full strength. Get it won. Rest a few at the weekend

Unread 25-01-2023, 02:48 PM
Rorschach

I can't believe 2017 is eight years ago already.

Makes you think etc.

Unread 25-01-2023, 02:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
I can't believe 2017 is eight years ago already.

Makes you think etc.
we'll be 3-0 up by 2017.

Unread 25-01-2023, 03:08 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Big game and it won’t be easy. Forest are decent at home and will be ridiculously up for. No £#%&!ing about with the team. I don’t want to see Butland, Maguire, The Scottish Player or Elanga anywhere near the starting line up.

If we put out the shit @#%&!s and it costs us a place in the final, we’ve only ourselves to blame.

Full strength. Get it won. Rest a few at the weekend
I think varane, shaw, Bruno and rashford can be rested, as it’s two legged.

De gea
AWB, slab, Martinez, malacia
Fred. Casemiro
Antony. Eriksen. Garnacho
Weggy

Unread 25-01-2023, 03:20 PM
est.1878

let's take a huge shot of nostalgia to get hyped -

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think varane, shaw, Bruno and rashford can be rested, as it’s two legged.

De gea
AWB, slab, Martinez, malacia
Fred. Casemiro
Antony. Eriksen. Garnacho
Weggy
Too much of a risk imo. I don’t want us even narrowly losing and having to do any chasing at home.

Any changes should be minimal and not marginalising us with shit@#%&!s. No slab. No Lindelof. No Elanga. No The Scottish Player. I will accept Malacia, Garnacho and Fred coming in and I won’t hear any more about it.

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:21 PM
puressence

Would be strong tonite they can mix and match Saturday v reading. Forest will be full pelt tonite bar the keeper and the ground will be bouncing

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:36 PM
Travis Bickle

Best available XI. Get it won. 3-0 United

Unread 25-01-2023, 05:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Too much of a risk imo. I don’t want us even narrowly losing and having to do any chasing at home.

Any changes should be minimal and not marginalising us with shit@#%&!s. No slab. No Lindelof. No Elanga. No The Scottish Player. I will accept Malacia, Garnacho and Fred coming in and I won’t hear any more about it.
Thinking about it , it does make sense. The panic Slab and lindelof bring, Especially in an away game where they have nothing else to fight for this season.

I think Malacia , Garnacho and Fred should be the only ones to come in. They can get a rest on the weekend vs reading at home.

Unread 25-01-2023, 06:54 PM
anxious63

i think very strong team here is the idea we can rest people on saturday , forest done very well at home last year i the Cup , recently they have picked up as well so its going to be a tough game , martial still out again you have to ask yourself what is the point of this guy he is injured so .much , a draw would not be a disaster

Unread 25-01-2023, 07:03 PM
jem

we can't rest people at the w/e. the fa cup is more important than this nonsense. strong team in both.

Unread 25-01-2023, 07:07 PM
Parlabane

Strong team please - cant be letting the momentum slow down after the two last minute goals conceded recently.

Lose this or struggle and suddenly the narrative changes around us

Unread 25-01-2023, 07:31 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious63
i think very strong team here is the idea we can rest people on saturday , forest done very well at home last year i the Cup , recently they have picked up as well so its going to be a tough game , martial still out again you have to ask yourself what is the point of this guy he is injured so .much , a draw would not be a disaster
try not to get too anxious pal.

Unread 25-01-2023, 07:43 PM
Sparky***

1-1

Unread 25-01-2023, 07:54 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
1-1
Ffs, time did it kick off?

Unread 25-01-2023, 08:00 PM
NedKelly

Unread 25-01-2023, 08:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Lindelof

Unread 25-01-2023, 08:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Strong team

Unread 25-01-2023, 08:06 PM
redhegemony

Good side pleased to see the little nugget back in.