United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:35 PM
believe

Football Is Fred our most under rated player?

Can’t think of a player in recent times who consistently gives 7 or 8 out of 10 week in week out who never gets any credit for it.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:38 PM
barca99

Credit where its due he is doing very well, bet he is annoying as £#%&! to play against.

Busy little bastard gets all over the place, passing can let him down at times but he certainly reliable and gives us options.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:44 PM
Vedder

Gets around the pitch well and good energy but his passing is shit and his shooting is abysmal.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:45 PM
AK14

I think so

Great energy around the pitch and links up well with Bruno

But also thought he was pretty crap last night.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:45 PM
silv

If he had a fashionable name like Kante or Gattuso he would receive more credit.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:46 PM
Sapien

The least Brazilian player ever

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:46 PM
NedKelly

Has an engine on him and despite his passing we miss him when he doesn’t play.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Great fitness, pretty dogshit player.....

Gives the ball away a lot and his passing at times is awful...

Seems a nice bloke.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:53 PM
guerreiro

Can’t grasp how a professional footballer at this level can’t shoot at all?

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:01 PM
Drexl

Personally, I'm not a fan. Honestly think woody had his pants pulled down

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:08 PM
Tronics

Yes, but I think a lot of our players suffer from that, they’re either wildly overrated or underrated there seems to be no middle ground with some, not sure why that is

Especially on social, where there’s this weird fandom over individual players as opposed to the club overall, maybe it’s to do with the ages of the newer generation of kids coming up? Who knows either way it’s incredibly annoying

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Great fitness, pretty dogshit player.....

Gives the ball away a lot and his passing at times is awful...

Seems a nice bloke.

This.. busy little @#%&! and is very effective at breaking up attacks, but his passing is utterly atrocious. If he could pass he'd be a starter every game imo.

Our midfield is bizarre. Pogba and Bruno are the standout talents but I don't know how well they fit with matic fred or The Scottish Player. No idea what the best combo is but maybe that's how ole likes it, they're basically all interchangeable

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:18 PM
Dr Stranger

I don’t think he’s under or over rated.

He does an important job and compliments the better players. I like his character. He’s come back from looking entirely hopeless, to being a useful member of the team, when lesser characters would have sulked off.

He’s tenacious, a decent tackler and has a good engine and work rate.

He is, however, very limited on the ball and it’s an area of the pitch where we could significantly upgrade.

He cost far too much as well.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:18 PM
shenwen

he's Brazilian and cost us a fair wedge of money. Can't shoot, can barely pass and loves losing the ball.

I'm not sure he's that underrated

One of my favourite players though. We're better with him in the team.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Cream

His passing isn't always great but he at least shows for the ball - much to the dismay of his teammates.

Taken him a while to get where he is. Does a lot right.

I'm not sure there's all that many players available who could fit straight into the team and do a better job. That's why an upgrade would be massive for us.

Would deffo keep good old Fred around though.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Yes, but I think a lot of our players suffer from that, they’re either wildly overrated or underrated there seems to be no middle ground with some, not sure why that is

Especially on social, where there’s this weird fandom over individual players as opposed to the club overall, maybe it’s to do with the ages of the newer generation of kids coming up? Who knows either way it’s incredibly annoying
I think that every game being available to watch live has changed how people perceive things. There were a lot of players in the 80s and 90s for example who have a cult hero status because they looked amazing in compilations but if they were around now their inconsistency would be hammered all the time. The flipside is there are players now who get hammered for below par stats and inconsistency who would have been hugely rated in the days where you only saw their best bits via highlights.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Jethro

Once he gets the snide foul aspect to his game down he'll be sorted because he can't do much else.

Remember his free kicks?

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:23 PM
Vedder

Was embarrassed for him last night watching him get bulldozed by Loftus Cheek on multiple occasions.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Was embarrassed for him last night watching him get bulldozed by Loftus Cheek on multiple occasions.
Fred also knocked him over a few times, far more embarrassing for RLC tbh.

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:27 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
The least Brazilian player ever
kleberson
Closed Thread