United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Unread 12-05-2021, 10:01 PM
dunk
 
Football Antonio Valencia retires..


Cheers for the memory.

 
Unread 12-05-2021, 10:02 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Antonio Valencia tonight announced his retirement from football in 2015.
 
Unread 12-05-2021, 10:14 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Antonio Valencia tonight announced his retirement from football in 2015.
stay classy.
 
Unread 12-05-2021, 10:20 PM
d_knight
 
Default

The Last Right Winger
 
Unread 12-05-2021, 10:30 PM
Sapien
 
Default

"Wigan was a unique experience"

 
Unread 12-05-2021, 10:40 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

He was like the anti Phil jones in terms of fitness. Absolute athlete. Shame he couldnít cross a ball though.
 
Unread 12-05-2021, 11:01 PM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He was like the anti Phil jones in terms of fitness. Absolute athlete. Shame he couldnít cross a ball though.
Apart from his first season in 2009-10

Itís like his leg break destroyed his ability to cross
It was all hit and hope after that
 
Unread 12-05-2021, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Ended his career at a Mexican club, had presumed he was back in Ecuador.
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 01:06 AM
Weekend Hussler
 
Default

16 years as a professional and 8 touches with his left foot.
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 04:27 AM
rubbernecker
 
Default

One of the little pleasures of watching football is seeing a footballer bring a ball under control from a long pass and Valencia could do that as well as anyone I've ever seen.In fact I can't remember a time when he ever £#%&!ed up.Killed every Rooney cross field ball stone dead every time.

That and that he's always come across a decent chap in interviews is why I wish him well in his retirement
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 05:23 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Smile

Rooney was NOTHING without Valencia for a period.

Put more things on his plate than a Scouse feeder.

Great attitude. Good player. Loved it when he throttled someone who played for Liverpool I think in a pre World Cup game for a bad tackle.

Scored a goal in the day my daughter was born.

Happy retirement to AV.
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 05:56 AM
waynes ear's
 
Default

Bye. Turd
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 07:39 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Bye. Turd


His one-legged, run the length of the pitch at high speed and then turn around approach was painful.
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 07:50 AM
est.1878
 
Default

Pro valencia here...

Most the valencia haters probably didn't rate Carrick either...
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 07:59 AM
AK14
 
Default

One less option for our RW

Suppose itíll have to be Sancho now.
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 08:00 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Pro valencia here...

Most the valencia haters probably didn't rate Carrick either...
Yeah, that makes sense
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 08:46 AM
Pop
 
Default

Sterling


 
Unread 13-05-2021, 08:49 AM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Pro valencia here...

Most the valencia haters probably didn't rate Carrick either...
You just know, donít you? To not appreciate Antonio Valencia is to not appreciate football. Used to mock him for that Hollywood ball to Rooney but who else do you see pull of passes like that these days? A powerhouse and a true servant to the club. So versatile too. To take over that RB spot and make it his shows just how adaptable he was.

Cavani would love to have a Valencia to play alongside.
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 08:57 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
You just know, donít you? To not appreciate Antonio Valencia is to not appreciate football. Used to mock him for that Hollywood ball to Rooney but who else do you see pull of passes like that these days? A powerhouse and a true servant to the club. So versatile too. To take over that RB spot and make it his shows just how adaptable he was.

Cavani would love to have a Valencia to play alongside
.
40 goals a season for the Uruguayan Hunk with the Luscious One throwing his balls into his path.
 
Unread 13-05-2021, 09:01 AM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
40 goals a season for the Uruguayan Hunk with the Luscious One throwing his balls into his path.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Antonio Valencia retires..
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United icon Antonio Valencia retires from football and thanks 'wonderful' Red Devils fans fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 12-05-2021 09:20 PM
Antonio Valencia TheFatGoth Football 204 02-07-2019 01:32 PM
Antonio Valencia... dunk Football 59 13-02-2013 02:40 PM
Antonio Valencia The Return of JC Football 34 07-10-2011 11:25 AM
Antonio Valencia Tumescent Throb Football 32 16-01-2009 11:58 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 PM.
Copyright ©2006 - 2024 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.