United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-03-2016, 12:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We can be quite sure we wouldn't be doing it if we couldn't afford it.

Unread 30-03-2016, 03:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
We can be *fairly* sure that is actually the case, tbf.

Unread 16-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Sapien

Not sure association football is his game tbph

Unread 16-04-2016, 05:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Not sure association football is his game tbph
Thought he was reasonably good today, at least compared with some recent showings?

Unread 16-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Dave

Played well IMO.

Unread 16-04-2016, 05:02 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Yeah thought he was United's best player. Tried to make things happen.

Unread 16-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Paul Smith

Same, Thought he looked ok today, also looks like he's trimmed some of that mass off too.

Unread 16-04-2016, 05:19 PM
ryanMUFC

Shows how low our standards have dropped when people consider that a good game. He had a few decent crosses, beaten a few defenders but had very little end product.

Unread 16-04-2016, 06:01 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Shows how low our standards have dropped when people consider that a good game. He had a few decent crosses, beaten a few defenders but had very little end product.
Against the worst side in the league for quite some time

Unread 16-04-2016, 09:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yeah thought he was United's best player. Tried to make things happen.
Someone on RI is having a wind up..

Unread 16-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
It's all contextual. He's a winger. They have a low hit rate. The have creative responsibility and confidence plays a huge part.

With him being poor, you're looking for signs of encouragement. He doesn't need to be perfect. I think we saw some.

Signs of life.

There's clearly talent there and I'm more than prepared to give a £25m 21 year old moving to a new league more than one season.

Unread 16-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Crumps

Have no concerns over Memphis, bags of potential, physical beasty and his coach/es said it would take him a season to adjust before he'd even kicked a ball for us.

Good lad too, had a word with him before most of you had even seen a YouTube video of him so you could claim sage.

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:58 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
It's all contextual. He's a winger. They have a low hit rate. The have creative responsibility and confidence plays a huge part.

With him being poor, you're looking for signs of encouragement. He doesn't need to be perfect. I think we saw some.

Signs of life.

There's clearly talent there and I'm more than prepared to give a £25m 21 year old moving to a new league more than one season.
Of course he's not going to find success every time he gets the ball on the wing but I still don't think he contributed anywhere near as much as he should have.

His work rate doesn't match his supposed talent.

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:59 PM
armchair

absolutely magnificent today

Unread 16-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Of course he's not going to find success every time he gets the ball on the wing but I still don't think he contributed anywhere near as much as he should have.

His work rate doesn't match his supposed talent.
I don't think there's anything he 'should' contribute, in that sense.

He contributed, he was an outlet and the one thing I do like about him - he doesn't go hiding, doesn't just pass off the responsibility. He keeps going, even when it doesn't work (which is often)

Those are the little signs I look for and we know the talent is there.

Frankly, when he's been as suit as he has, any improvement is encouraging. And he improved. I wouldn't say he was excellent or even close though.

Unread 16-04-2016, 11:19 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I don't think there's anything he 'should' contribute, in that sense.

He contributed, he was an outlet and the one thing I do like about him - he doesn't go hiding, doesn't just pass off the responsibility. He keeps going, even when it doesn't work (which is often)

Those are the little signs I look for and we know the talent is there.

Frankly, when he's been as suit as he has, any improvement is encouraging. And he improved. I wouldn't say he was excellent or even close though.
His best performances this season have probably been Bruges and Midgetland, which suggests that he might not be ready for this league. I think he lacks pace, Nani was probably more dangerous on the right than him.

Maybe next season he'll be able to show his potential, especially if there's a new manager. Imo he's been a big disappointment so far.

Unread 16-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
His best performances this season have probably been Bruges and Midgetland, which suggests that he might not be ready for this league. I think he lacks pace, Nani was probably more dangerous on the right than him.

Maybe next season he'll be able to show his potential, especially if there's a new manager. Imo he's been a big disappointment so far.
He followed that up with a very mature performance against arsenal. Looked like he'd turned a corner and then was immediately dropped again after an OK-ish game (in which everyone was horrific v Watford ) and we were back to square one. I'd like to see him get more game time.

No doubt he's been a disappointment, ofcourse.

Unread 16-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Crumps

These last few seasons have done a proper number on Ryan. Used to not have a care in the world and now, well now.........

Wingers by nature are an inconsistent breed, as are young players and players moving to a new, much more demanding league.

Unread 16-04-2016, 11:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
absolutely magnificent today
If the word 'magnificent' has been officially changed to now mean it's literal opposite then I agree wholeheartedly.

Unread 16-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If the word 'magnificent' has been officially changed to now mean it's literal opposite then I agree wholeheartedly.
Check out Chandler Bing.
Closed Thread