United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Argentina

Thumbs up The way it is shaping up...

If Chelsea drop a single point before the end of April, we could win it at Arsenal (9 points clear with 3 games to go with a goal difference that's already 6 goals better than both of them).
If Chelsea do win all their games between now and then (all three are at home, Birmingham, WHU, Spurs), we can win it at by winning the next 3 and avoiding defeat at OT, or winning the next 2, drawing at Arsenal and then beating them at OT.

Any of those please

In order of preference
1. Win it at Arsenal
2. Win it at home to Chelsea by beating them
3. Win it at home to Chelsea by drawing

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Rhodzy

I don't really give a £#%&! how it's done, as long as it is.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Exactly.

It's like sex for me. I don't care when or how - as long as it happens.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Nah, gotta do it in style mate. It's the United way.
Spurs taking points off Chelsea the day, to edge closer to their 4th place spot, and shunt ciddeh out of the CL spots, and then us winning it in London, at the home of the media darlings would be the United way

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Neo

ASAP please.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
ASAP please.
This.

At Arsenal would be quite delightful, and surely that's the mathematical earliest. They won't lose both games in the meantime. Whatever we do.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:12 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:15 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Spurs taking points off Chelsea the day, to edge closer to their 4th place spot, and shunt ciddeh out of the CL spots, and then us winning it in London, at the home of the media darlings would be the United way
sadly it isn't, a few of our titles have been won whilst we haven't even been playing, others won with routine wins against non-rivals, 0-0 versus Arse is the closest we've come to doing it in style against one of our rivals. tbh it's about the only thing about out titles successes that leaves me disappointed.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly.

Well, yeah, but ideally you'd rather have a long, sweaty session with Cheryl Tweedy sat on your face and Natalie Portman riding your #@&%! before coating the pair of them in a magnificent pearl necklace, than a drunken, dribbly fumble with Janice Battersby where you can't get it up and fall asleep with your face in her armpit.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Well, yeah, but ideally you'd rather have a long, sweaty session with Cheryl Tweedy sat on your face and Natalie Portman riding your #@&%! before coating the pair of them in a magnificent pearl necklace, than a drunken, dribbly fumble with Janice Battersby where you can't get it up and fall asleep with your face in her armpit.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:28 PM
programmes?

We have a game on Tuesday.

Let's win that first, eh.

Unread 17-04-2011, 10:35 PM
eddie_red

Wouldn't mind winning it on cup final day at Blackburn tbh.

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Albert Tatlock

It's not won yet.

The FA still have some influence over this, depending how many of our players they can suspend before the end of the season.

Currently we are looking at losing

Scholes

Rio

Anderson

For at least two matches each, perhaps more as they are all "role models" thus deserve extra hard punishments

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:33 AM
dunk

Chelsea to come through and nick it, beating us at OT and us losing at Arsenal to their 18th penalty of the season.

Can see us dropping points in the Geordies cup final tomorrow and Everton have finally found some form this season, just in time for their visit to OT...

Plus, we are bound to play a weakened side at some point, in order to keep everyone 'fresh' for the CL Semi

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:41 AM
ethelred

Quote:
If Chelsea drop a single point before the end of April,
As has been put on the thread already, nothing's certain...

.... other than it is simply not possible for Chelsea, or any other team for that matter, to drop a single point.

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Harri Jaffa

Lots of tough games.

Newcastle is not a great place to go ever no matter on form. Everton are a tough game. The next two are obvious anf the two after that a battling survival.

I want Newcastle and Everton beaten, then lets see the lie of the land

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
The United way? Like losing at home to Derby County (what became of Malcolm Christie?) the day we lifted the trophy in 2001?

Remember Easter 1992?

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:54 AM
andyroo

So many kicks to the @#%&! this season. All I can see is it going Nigel de Jong again.

One game at a time. One game at a time. Is this £#%&!ing season ever going to end?

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:55 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Lots of tough games.

Newcastle is not a great place to go ever no matter on form. Everton are a tough game. The next two are obvious anf the two after that a battling survival.

I want Newcastle and Everton beaten, then lets see the lie of the land
Exactly. We're in a fantastic position, it's not over yet though.

Unread 18-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Exactly. We're in a fantastic position, it's not over yet though.
Quite

Very nervous about the next 2 games, but confident Fergie will understand just how important they are especially with the games other teams have

If we are sat at chinese dentist time on Saturday having beaten Newcastle and Everton i'll be very happy
Closed Thread