Unread 03-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
“Look at that. World class”
“Take a bow .... so I can stand behind you & perv at your butt”

Unread 03-12-2018, 10:45 AM
thatsfuctit

Alan Partridge’s latest book, Nomad, is as hilarious as you would expect.

One of the highlights is a hilarious footnote in Chapter 26, taking a swipe at ex-Sky Sports presenter Richard Keys.

His weekly emails purported to be a way of keeping friends and family abreast of his new life in Qatar but were actually thinly veiled bragathons in which he’d attack pictures of himself in sunglasses or making phone calls on a lilo or eating steak with Andy Gray.

Richard didn’t know what BCC was, leaving each recipient publicly exposed as a friend of his even if, like me, they’d only met him twice.

Fortunately I replied that it would be fascinating to see how Richard got on in the Islamist state of Qatar: One is a medieval relic, which despises women, persecutes workers and is viewed with suspicion by the West … and the other is the Islamist state of Qatar.

It seems I was removed from the list after that.

https://www.profitaccumulator.co.uk/...ard-keys-jibe/

Unread 03-12-2018, 11:03 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Look, I’ve known Richard Scudamore for longer than he’s been at the Premier League. We’ve played a lot of golf together. I’ve been fortunate enough to have been invited to birthday parties/drinks at his house. At different times he’s been a good mate - although I am still waiting for him to call and ask me how my heart surgery went! As I was about to go under the knife I was amazed to discover that Richard had previously been on the same operating table! I heard from many people during my period of recovery - Graeme Souness obviously, but also David Murray, the former Rangers owner and my long time mate, the late Ray Wilkins (I still miss you fella. You left a big hole). But never Richard, although I had taken time to call him and tell him what was about to happen to me. I can’t pretend I wasn’t disappointed I never heard from him again.

I was quickly on the phone when he found himself engulfed by similar issues to those which Andy and I had faced at Sky. He was in bigger trouble, but there was no appetite to bury him. I was pleased about that.
Partridge-esque

Unread 03-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Why does he think anyone gives one single £#%&! about what happened at sky.....?

It was a different era, the 90's......United used to entertain us week in week out....

Move on...
Closed Thread