United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
red @rmy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
My little play around on photoshop in honour of his royal gingerness.

Like it Bazza.

Unread 10-04-2012, 01:17 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Like it Bazza.
Cheers pal - I think I am going to get it printed on a mug.

Actually Thrillsy can do it for me...

Unread 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
My favourite player
Einstein didn't play football

Unread 10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Cheers pal - I think I am going to get it printed on a mug.

Actually Thrillsy can do it for me...
Why not. Buy me a drink at Everton and I'll bring it

Unread 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Why not. Buy me a drink at Everton and I'll bring it
Everton 2013 if I am lucky and I am back in the UK

Still, feel to plagiarize the £#%&! out of it, and I'll order two for International Delivery

Unread 08-06-2012, 08:05 AM
magnach

Paul scholes..great champion

Unread 16-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Switching Off

Neville waxes lyrical

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...y-Neville.html

Unread 16-09-2012, 12:38 PM
rogieop

My favourite scholes goal, the whole context of the goal, the pressure we were under, in the game and the league, i was pannicking like £#%&!, watching it in a boozer with some mental @#%&! who insisted on calling ronaldo "rocket" and park "chinky"

not one cool head in OT at that moment other than scholes! pandemonium when that went in, league in the bag there and then!

Unread 16-09-2012, 12:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
Paul Scholes goal vs Blackburn 31-03-2007 - YouTube

My favourite scholes goal, the whole context of the goal, the pressure we were under, in the game and the league, i was pannicking like £#%&!, watching it in a boozer with some mental @#%&! who insisted on calling ronaldo "rocket" and park "chinky"

not one cool head in OT at that moment other than scholes! pandemonium when that went in, league in the bag there and then!
We were 1-0 down at HT - imagine Fred now in that scenario

Unread 16-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Sloppy

PAUL SCHOLES; 50 Quotes that define a legend....?

Alonso
“Fans in Spain rate him very highly and I admire him a huge amount. To me Paul is a role model. He is the best midfielder I’ve seen in the last 15 or 20 years.”

Best
“The boy can play”

Charlton
“Paul Scholes is my favourite player. He epitomises the spirit of Manchester United and everything that is good about football.”

Davids
“Every one of us is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes”

Fabregas
“He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League.”

Ferdinand
“Paul Scholes, aka Sat Nav, went from a scoring midfielder to a dictator of the game (changed his game while still at top of the game). Genius.”

Figo
“I’m star-struck when I see Paul Scholes because you never see him. On the pitch you can’t catch him. Off the pitch he disappears.”

Giggs
“I have played with some great players during my time at United but I would have to put Paul Scholes down as the best.”

Guardiola
“He is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.”

Henry
“I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other ‘stars’.”

Law
“He’s the best all-round. A joy to watch.”

Lippi
“Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team.”

Maradonna
“His technique is unique.”

Mourinho
“Why isn’t he playing for England? It is crazy. Only in England. Scholes is a great, great player. So experienced and still, for me, one of the best in the world in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him.”

Nasri
“Sad to hear Paul Scholes is retiring, great player, world class player, the English Zizou.”

Pallister
“When you talk about the greats of Manchester United, he’s up there with Georgie Best, Bryan Robson, Ryan Giggs and Bobby Charlton just purely for the amount of medals that he’s won, he’s going to be greatly missed by Manchester United.”

Pele
“If he was playing with me, I would score so many more.”

Ronaldinho
“I want to pass like him. Who taught him how to do that?”

Ronaldo
“Scholes is the best i’ve played with and he helped me a lot when I was young. He’s amazing.”

Rooney
“The best player I’ve played with or against.”

Schevchenko
“They have two of the world’s best young players in Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, but the player who most impresses me is Paul Scholes. He is United’s most important player, he makes most things happen on the field.”

Shearer
“If you ask footballers to pick out the player they most admire, so many of them will pick Paul Scholes.”

Xavi
“In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.”

Zidane
“My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get.’”

Unread 16-09-2012, 02:02 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

his performance against cska in '09 i think was the single best performance i've ever seen on a football pitch

Unread 16-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
his performance against cska in '09 i think was the single best performance i've ever seen on a football pitch
high praise indeed.

Unread 16-09-2012, 08:04 PM
thatsfuctit

quite a nice compilation

some shitty camera angles early doors, but improves, some lovely touches and passes as well as lots of goals

Unread 16-09-2012, 08:31 PM
redbonnet

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
quite a nice compilation

some shitty camera angles early doors, but improves, some lovely touches and passes as well as lots of goals

Another Paul Scholes Tribute - YouTube
The touch and vision man, unbelievable

Unread 16-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
quite a nice compilation

Another Paul Scholes Tribute - YouTube
Like an old Nick Powell

Unread 16-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Zorg

Welcome back Hazza

Unread 16-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Welcome back Hazza
Much appreciated me old mucker

I was a bit of an idiot tbf - There's a time and a place etc...

Unread 16-11-2012, 11:28 AM
PaulParkers

Happy Birthday Scholesy :cheers:

Some bender has written him a poem

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/...les-a-tribute/

Unread 16-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Happy Birthday Scholesy :cheers:

Some bender has written him a poem