United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 13-01-2013, 09:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Football The Holy Trinity

I’ve just finished my Holy Trinity video compilations with the last one on George Best

You won’t find better Best, Law and Charlton video complications with so much rarely seen footage anywhere else on YouTube

Best

Law

Charlton

Unread 13-01-2013, 10:04 PM
thatsfuctit

Just watched the Sir bob one, brilliant mate, ridiculous his range of passing and power and accuracy of shooting in both feet

top work dude, have some rep

Unread 13-01-2013, 10:44 PM
les vagas

top work stardusters yhgr

Unread 13-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Aman27deep

Wish i was alive to see George Best play. Old people had the best of all worlds. Cheap tickets, sex with no scare of STD's, and watching these three play.

£#%&! me.

Unread 14-01-2013, 12:28 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Just watched the Sir bob one, brilliant mate, ridiculous his range of passing and power and accuracy of shooting in both feet

top work dude, have some rep
Cheers mate

One of the reasons I did these was that I thought Utd fans don't fully realise what a great player Charlton was

Check out these two great but rarely seen goal from my George Best comp at 6:16 and 10:01

Unread 14-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Sparky***

Bobby charlton was like Roy keane and scholes in one player.

Unread 14-01-2013, 01:21 AM
M-13

some of those tackles on Best, yet he rarely went down ..

Unread 14-01-2013, 01:59 AM
Dr Gonzo

Thumbs up

Superb stuff.

YHGR

Unread 14-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Luffy

Never realised charlton was that good, top work. What we wouldn't give for someone like him now. Makes scholes look one dimensional in that video the amount of goals he gets and players he beats.

Unread 14-01-2013, 03:03 AM
Grimson

Thumbs up

Charlton running with the ball. He'd take just three touches to cover 30 yards and change directions twice. Devastating.

Great work ziggers.

Unread 14-01-2013, 08:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Charlton running with the ball. He'd take just three touches to cover 30 yards and change directions twice. Devastating.

Great work ziggers.
I’m sure you’ll be pleased to hear that I will be doing a video compilation on Alex Stepney in the near future

Unread 21-04-2013, 09:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

I forgot that I had to delete my previous George Best video compilation due to copyright issues with the music on it. YouTube @#%&!s

Anyway with a few tweaks to the music I re-uploaded the video to YouTube avoiding any copyright issues

George Best

Unread 11-08-2013, 01:26 AM
craig23

Nice vids, thanks for this one. I'm having fun watching it over and over again.

Unread 11-08-2013, 01:57 AM
daniel02

Nice vids. Though the first one is already broken. haha.

Unread 11-08-2013, 04:24 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
George Best
Great work Ziggy. Our Georgie loved a nutmeg.

Those pitches. Half of the players could hardly stand up, and he's gliding around like Robin Cousins.

Unread 11-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Denis Irwell

great stuff Ziggers - well earned reppage on its way

Denis: my all time fave player

but I'd have to say George really had a slight edge over the other two for me - he was just ridiculously brilliant

and Charlton in his playing days was routinely regarded as the greatest ever English player and only Tom Finney or Matthews got a mention. His rep seems to have diminished over the years but I'm sure when he pops his clogs his due recognition will come. It did wonders for Moore.

Just copying these vids and can't wait to view. Good lad Ziggers.

Unread 29-08-2013, 07:23 AM
bicyclerepairman

they were amazing to watch.

Unread 29-08-2013, 08:47 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

My TV sorted for the evening, top man, YHGR

Unread 29-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Scabs

I may have already repped you for this, but have a bonus. Superb.

Unread 29-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Baron

Just read this Bestie story a few mins ago...

Quote:
When George Best set out to humiliate Johan Cruyff

Even the greatest George Best fans had to admit, by 1976, that his best days were well behind him. 30 years old. Addicted to alcohol. Kicked out of Manchester United. George Best, many argued, was now a pale shadow of the genius dribbler he used to be.

That’s also what Dutch journalist Bert Nederlof thought. With the Holland vs Northern Ireland World Cup qualifier approaching, Nederlof was assigned the task to write a portrait of George Best. Nederlof flew to London to watch Best play for his new club Fulham against Southampton. After 90 minutes, Nederlof had seen enough. He wrote that Best was a fallen superstar no longer able to do what it takes to be a good footballer. Nederlof would soon regret those words.

A few hundred miles away, British journalist Bill Elliot was traveling with the Irish squad to the stadium where they’d meet Holland. The Orange squad, and their captain Johan Cruyff, in 1976, were synonymous with greatness. Elliot asked Best what he thought of Cruyff. “Outstanding”. “Better than you?”. George looked at the journalist and laughed. ‘You’re kidding aren’t you? I tell you what I’ll do tonight… I’ll nutmeg Cruyff first chance I get.”

What follows is Elliot’s description. “Five minutes into the game Best received the ball wide on the left. Instead of heading towards goal he turned directly infield, weaved his way past at least three Dutchmen and found his way to Cruyff who was wide right. He took the ball to his opponent, dipped a shoulder twice and slipped it between Cruyff’s feet. As he ran round to collect it and run on he raised his right fist into the air.”

“Only a few of us in the press box knew what this bravado act really meant. Johan Cruyff the best in the world? Are you kidding? Only an idiot would have thought that on this evening.”

While there doesn’t exist video evidence of this historic scene, Nederlof confirms that Best had played an absolutely incredible match, inspiring small Northern Ireland to a 2-2 draw against the best team in the world. “After the game, I caught the eye of the Dutch coach, Jan Zwartkruis. He gave me the most cold stare I’ve ever witnessed. Perhaps I shouldn’t have told him before the game that Best was nothing to worry about”.