wellin up there soft la

Unread 22-10-2012, 08:26 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
wellin up there soft la

Unread 22-10-2012, 09:59 AM
RyansRug11

I made a pilgrimage to Ashington a couple of weeks back whilst on a family holiday in Northumberland. I recreated the picture post Munich (I think?) of Bobby playing football in Beatrice Street with the local kids with my 3 year old son. We then went round the corner and had a kick about on Hirst Park for a bit.

As a kid I grew up in Flixton near Woodsend. Bobby lived there too and frequented the newsagents where I would later be a paper boy. I never saw him about but my Dad would see him occasionally. I saw more of Sammy Mac who lived there (Sidmouth Ave) after Bobby. How times have changed!

Bobby is often portrayed as a bit of a snob. I wouldn't know if that's true or not but you can see from that clip that he's a genuine person who was clearly affected by the tragic events of Munich (Who wouldn't be?)

Bobby Charlton - A true legend of the game.

Unread 22-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Fat Al

That's just brilliant.

Unread 22-10-2012, 11:43 AM
elhombre

was he really all that, though?

Unread 22-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
was he really all that, though?
Thread?

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:00 PM
rebelcountyred

Interesting letter in UWS regarding bobby, apparently he and gill were being entertained by bursa directors the evening before the match and some united supporters had a go about the gimps. Bobby spoke with the united supporters and the writer of the letter felt that he should apologise because he felt the timing was nor right. Bobby told him that he should stand up with them as it cannot get any worse, not sure if true but if it is then p45 for Mr charlton

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:28 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Interesting letter in UWS regarding bobby, apparently he and gill were being entertained by bursa directors the evening before the match and some united supporters had a go about the gimps. Bobby spoke with the united supporters and the writer of the letter felt that he should apologise because he felt the timing was nor right. Bobby told him that he should stand up with them as it cannot get any worse, not sure if true but if it is then p45 for Mr charlton
Who?

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:40 PM
dragflick

Quote:
You've lost me. Who should stand up with who??

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:42 PM
believe

Quote:

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Zorg

Like the way someone changed the thread title

Unread 22-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Like the way someone changed the thread title
I prefered how it was.

Unread 22-10-2012, 02:27 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You've lost me. Who should stand up with who??
Apologies, on my phone, basically the writer of the letter was told by sir bobby that he should stand by the anti Gimp people and that things are pretty shot at united, not sure how true, it was from a letter sent in to yes, if true ir just means that sir bobby is not entirely happy with the way things are.

Unread 22-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

that message from Busby over the tannoy -must've seen that footage a hundred times and it still sends shivers...

Unread 22-10-2012, 02:35 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Apologies, on my phone, basically the writer of the letter was told by sir bobby that he should stand by the anti Gimp people and that things are pretty shot at united, not sure how true, it was from a letter sent in to yes, if true ir just means that sir bobby is not entirely happy with the way things are.
I see, cheers.

Unread 22-10-2012, 02:41 PM
believe

Quote:

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:31 PM
bicyclerepairman

yes, he was 'all that.'
greatest player i've ever seen.