United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 17-04-2024, 08:40 AM
Hyman_Roth

As we all know, all this back and forth on here is utterly futile (apart from passing the time).

Ineos have come in as an informed part owner who have sold themselves on the fact that they will closely analyse and manage the football side of things. You would expect them to have a decent handle on player sentiment and performance across all aspects and importantly will have set themselves a target when they came in as to what could and should be achieved this season.

To my mind BJR was Crystal clear about his expectations when he did all the interviews earlier this year. He said countless times that they expected to secure top 4. That has absolutely no chance of happening now so I strongly suspect Erik is toast regardless of possibly getting to a cup final.

They may build mitigating circumstances like injuries into their assessment but I doubt it. Whatever, they will be far better informed about the situation at United than any of us. They may even know more about it than Dunk did.

For me, I’ll try and get behind whichever decision they make - retaining Erik or even Gareth - because we’ve been bemoaning the lack of informed hierarchy at the club for nearly 20 years now. We have one at last and we need to give this management regime a proper chance.

Unread 17-04-2024, 08:43 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Bravo Keith.

Tbh, at thus stage would be happy to see big Jim take on first team duties as well as running upstairs.

Get him kitted up in the Robbo shorts and blazer combo.

Unread 17-04-2024, 08:49 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
I’m off to John O Groats for some tactics.

Unread 17-04-2024, 08:53 AM
Whip Hubley

Fold the club if we hire southgate.

Seriously.

Unread 17-04-2024, 09:00 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post

Seriously.
It would be a difficult one to stomach nqat but his influence and role will be less important than ever under the proposed structure. Tactically, he’s far from inspiring but it would be a world away from the current Joey Deacon tactical masterclass we have adopted this season.

Unread 17-04-2024, 09:38 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post

Seriously.
Nobody who loves the club wants Southgate. Disgusting manager/person.

Unread 17-04-2024, 09:43 AM
jem

the 7-0 is given undue weight. liverpool were incredibly lucky in that game of pinball. the scoreline flattered them and, tbh.... 3-0.... 7-0... what's the difference? we qualified for the cl, which was the best we could realistically have done.

however, the shape of every game we play, win or lose, does matter. and it is a £#%&!ing nonsense. sometimes entertaining, but a total crapshoot. we have some good players, whose individual brilliance can turn a game (even rashford, occasionally). but it's not a plan.

Unread 17-04-2024, 09:53 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
the 7-0 is given undue weight. liverpool were incredibly lucky in that game of pinball. the scoreline flattered them and, tbh.... 3-0.... 7-0... what's the difference? we qualified for the cl, which was the best we could realistically have done.

however, the shape of every game we play, win or lose, does matter. and it is a £#%&!ing nonsense. sometimes entertaining, but a total crapshoot. we have some good players, whose individual brilliance can turn a game (even rashford, occasionally). but it's not a plan.
Yeah, Liverpool were lucky.

But if certain teams hadn't have been unlucky against us, that 7-0 scoreline wouldn't have been a one off.

Unread 17-04-2024, 09:56 AM
marlo

Ok so SJR buys into the club….

We are in a good chance of getting 4th which means ecl football and more money etc.
the current manager in the run has 1 win out of 7 in the league while playing once a week.

yeah keep him in. We’ve got a gem in this manager!

Unread 17-04-2024, 09:59 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It would be a difficult one to stomach nqat but his influence and role will be less important than ever under the proposed structure. Tactically, he’s far from inspiring but it would be a world away from the current Joey Deacon tactical masterclass we have adopted this season.
That's not fair is it?

Joey Deacon would have dropped Rashford months ago.

Unread 17-04-2024, 10:12 AM
Dr Stranger

Probably the main reason we should keep ETH

No. No. A thousand times no.

Unread 17-04-2024, 10:16 AM
Stickman

David Furnish may not be the worst as a stepping stone. The guy before THE guy.

Unread 17-04-2024, 10:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
https://x.com/utdplug/status/1780501...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

I'm not enthusiastic about these two but keeping ETH just isn't an option any more. Lose at the weekend and he'll be let go. I'd take Brian Potter right now.

Unread 17-04-2024, 10:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
I'm not enthusiastic about these two but keeping ETH just isn't an option any more. Lose at the weekend and he'll be let go. I'd take Brian Potter right now.
As much as the press are enjoying speculation, they’re unlikely to make a decision until the structure above him is sorted

He’ll get the rest of the season and we’ll limp along til then

If performances improve and we win the FA Cup, he could still stay. Big if, of course

Unread 17-04-2024, 10:52 AM
MUFC One Love

De Zerbi could be a good appointment and would take the role of he you would imagine he would be given. Basically coach the players and create a style, which the structure above will choose and buy.

There is clearly something wrong from top to bottom and I think addressing the issues higher up will trickle down and the manager will be able to have a stable team and environment. There is no reason why results wouldn't improve and we would rise up gradually, competing.

Everything is so inconsistent atm. One minute we look like we could be a very good side, the next, hopeless.

The impressive thing for me (if true) was what came out when they were investing in the club. They won't be afraid to take a hit and get rid of players if needed. That's essential.

Unread 17-04-2024, 10:52 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
https://x.com/utdplug/status/1780501...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Unread 17-04-2024, 10:54 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
one minute we look like we could be a very good side
go on…

Unread 17-04-2024, 10:56 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’m off to John O Groats for some tactics.
Ffs:

Unread 17-04-2024, 11:00 AM
suedeshoes

There is no one else to appoint. For that...and other reasons... I don't want tH to go anywhere.

Unread 17-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Jack Duckworth

Mourinho with proper owners would be interesting. In the same way a car wreck is interesting, but it'd be interesting all the same.

EtH more than ex-Brighton lads and Gareth £#%&!ing Southgate.