United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2020, 02:11 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
you sound like an absolute psycho.

I jest but it's good to grow a thick skin imho. What about your bad self? Didn't you say you'd done jujitsu or whatever to boost your confidence when you were younger? I dig all that.

Unread 18-05-2020, 02:14 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers

I jest but it's good to grow a thick skin imho. What about your bad self? Didn't you say you'd done jujitsu or whatever to boost your confidence when you were younger? I dig all that.
yes i did - as i got a hard time for being a short arse and i knocked about in a tough area.

my mam and dad would never normalise bullying as a way to toughen me up - "call people all the names you want, as you'll get called names too...."

that's one step from being a sociopath.

Unread 18-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Never explain, never apologise. Always liked how Frankie Boyle stuck to his guns over calling that swimmer a dolphin.

Sticks and stones. I'm drumming that into my five year old now because I'm pretty sure she'll be hankering for a nose job in her teens and I can't afford it.
Shame he's now had to turn into such a £#%&!ing social justice bore just to get back on telly.

Unread 18-05-2020, 03:57 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
One of my oldest and closest friends is gay. We went to secondary school together and he knew then he was gay and used to get teased about it relentlessly. There was the usual 2-3 £#%&!ers in our class who would just constantly give him grief about it, made his life a misery. He eventually left our school to go to another one close to where he lived. He said it was travelling but i got the impression he was sick of the £#%&!ing absolute zoo that our school was.

A few years ago him and I were out having a drink and one of these idiots from our class walks over to where we were sat and casually just starts chatting away like we're long lost friends etc. We just looked at him and in no uncertain terms told him to £#%&! off. My mate goes "you made my life miserable every day, why the £#%&! do you think i would want to talk to you again?" The look on the bloke's face was one of utter shock. Like to him i should imagine it was all a bit of a laugh, just joining in with banter etc. But to my friend it was soul destroying.
i get that.

as i always say, i was tiny at school, i think i was so soft the lads looked out for me and didn't let me get into any meither. A lad called Stephen Foster who went on to be European Boxing Champ for his weight division was one lad who always looked out for me - and i still see him now and again in Salford and we always have a chat. He is a top bloke.

Other lads weren't so lucky, one lad, like your mate, was gay. One of the local salford lunatics found out that this lad was knocking around with his girlfriend at our school. Said lad got £#%&!ing leathered one lunchtime in the yard after the local lunatic jumped the fence. Did a proper job on him. I always, always felt sorry for him - how he came back to school and got on with it all after that is beyond me. other people got the same treatment.

I dunno, i've taken stick and i am alright with it, but other lads and people just can't take it, and they shouldn't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don’t think Fry’s defence was as shallow as that. Having watched the vid of him and Peterson standing side by side in a debate it’s clear that he’s wary of going too far down the road of censorship. And surely him being offended by things, and then coming out the other side gives him a good perspective on things? Better than someone who’s never been offended by anything telling people “so what?”.

Agree with what you say btw, being kind is a rarity these days.
perhaps, you're probably right.

i just found he was on dodgy ground with it.

i get we can't tell people what to say and what not to say, but at the same time... we have a duty to protect people who can't take the grief.

Boyle and his treatment of Adlington was not on - she didn't go looking for it, she's a young woman... picking on her like that? give over - it did her in.

Unread 18-05-2020, 04:28 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
i get that.

as i always say, i was tiny at school, i think i was so soft the lads looked out for me and didn't let me get into any meither. A lad called Stephen Foster who went on to be European Boxing Champ for his weight division was one lad who always looked out for me - and i still see him now and again in Salford and we always have a chat. He is a top bloke.

Other lads weren't so lucky, one lad, like your mate, was gay. One of the local salford lunatics found out that this lad was knocking around with his girlfriend at our school. Said lad got £#%&!ing leathered one lunchtime in the yard after the local lunatic jumped the fence. Did a proper job on him. I always, always felt sorry for him - how he came back to school and got on with it all after that is beyond me. other people got the same treatment.

I dunno, i've taken stick and i am alright with it, but other lads and people just can't take it, and they shouldn't have to.

perhaps, you're probably right.

i just found he was on dodgy ground with it.

i get we can't tell people what to say and what not to say, but at the same time... we have a duty to protect people who can't take the grief.

Boyle and his treatment of Adlington was not on - she didn't go looking for it, she's a young woman... picking on her like that? give over - it did her in.
Amen.

I was severely bullied at school years because i had a stutter. Still do but not as noticeable. Made my high school years a living hell. Was absolutely relentless. Had some people break into my house when my family was away. Broke in, smashed up my house and smashed all of my signed United stuff and framed pictures worth a few bob. This all in the last year of school and the blokes who done were in my year - they even mocked me about it but police had no evidence.

Only started enjoying life once I left school and went to college. Decided to not take any shit from that moment on and have probably had a chip on my shoulder since then but I've suffered severe depression and anxiety which I am have managed to control. Still have nightmares with the @#%&!s from school in it.

Probably why I get so defensive on here at times from the shit I get on here from the usual suspects. As you say, why should people have to take it? You don't know what people have been through or how things will affect them.

Unread 18-05-2020, 04:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Amen.

I was severely bullied at school years because i had a stutter. Still do but not as noticeable. Made my high school years a living hell. Was absolutely relentless. Had some people break into my house when my family was away. Broke in, smashed up my house and smashed all of my signed United stuff and framed pictures worth a few bob. This all in the last year of school and the blokes who done were in my year - they even mocked me about it but police had no evidence.

Only started enjoying life once I left school and went to college. Decided to not take any shit from that moment on and have probably had a chip on my shoulder since then but I've suffered severe depression and anxiety which I am have managed to control. Still have nightmares with the @#%&!s from school in it.

Probably why I get so defensive on here at times from the shit I get on here from the usual suspects. As you say, why should people have to take it? You don't know what people have been through or how things will affect them.
All this is very true and sorry for your ordeal mate - and Hombre’s. Kids are @#%&!s; not all of them, but then again it doesn’t need to be does it?

It’s probably the trickiest part of being a parent. Being watchful for this stuff without hovering and not allowing them to learn to stand up for themselves. It’s not easy.

Unread 18-05-2020, 04:44 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
All this is very true and sorry for your ordeal mate - and Hombre’s. Kids are @#%&!s; not all of them, but then again it doesn’t need to be does it?

It’s probably the trickiest part of being a parent. Being watchful for this stuff without hovering and not allowing them to learn to stand up for themselves. It’s not easy.
Cheers mate.

True that.

Got a daughter and another nipper on the way- definitely gonna teach them that if they get hit, hit back twice as hard. As you say, kids are @#%&!s and if you show weakness, school can be a horrible place. Also going to know what signs are to look out for, too.

Unread 18-05-2020, 05:03 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Cheers mate.

True that.

Got a daughter and another nipper on the way- definitely gonna teach them that if they get hit, hit back twice as hard. As you say, kids are @#%&!s and if you show weakness, school can be a horrible place. Also going to know what signs are to look out for, too.
you need to build confidence without being a lunatic.

i had a lad train my in gym a few years ago - a thrash metal lad who was easily 6ft 4 and 16 stone - a monster

he asked me could me and him spar in the ring and i said yes

he didn't throw a punch and covered up - i've never hit anyone hard but he even flinched with patting shots. turns out he would regularly get started on by groups of lads on nights out, so much so he couldn't face any sort of physical challenge. he was conditioned to be fearful and never stand up for himself.

sad to see someone so mentally condition to jack in when things get on top despite having the potential to back himself and fight his corner.

Unread 18-05-2020, 05:47 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
you need to build confidence without being a lunatic.

i had a lad train my in gym a few years ago - a thrash metal lad who was easily 6ft 4 and 16 stone - a monster

he asked me could me and him spar in the ring and i said yes

he didn't throw a punch and covered up - i've never hit anyone hard but he even flinched with patting shots. turns out he would regularly get started on by groups of lads on nights out, so much so he couldn't face any sort of physical challenge. he was conditioned to be fearful and never stand up for himself.

sad to see someone so mentally condition to jack in when things get on top despite having the potential to back himself and fight his corner.
that used to happen to me a lot as i'm 6ft 3 and people just assumed i would be up for a fight. always been a lover though

Unread 18-05-2020, 05:50 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
that used to happen to me a lot as i'm 6ft 3 and people just assumed i would be up for a fight. always been a lover though
I'm 6' 4½" and had the same problem.

Unread 18-05-2020, 05:51 PM
elhombre

Quote:
£#%&! me, this time next year, the average height on here will be eleventy seven ft.

is this entire forum based in the Netherlands?

Unread 18-05-2020, 05:53 PM
jaffo

Quote:
that used to happen to me a lot as i'm 6ft 3 and people just assumed i would be up for a fight
Same here, luckily I'm hard as £#%&! and batter any @#%&! who so much as looks at me

Unread 18-05-2020, 05:57 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Same here, luckily I'm hard as £#%&! and batter any @#%&! who so much as looks at me
...apart from that bird that decked you at the deep purple gig

Unread 18-05-2020, 06:01 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I'm 6' 4½" and had the same problem.
nightmare, innit? luckily i managed to avoid serious stuff. my mate, who was bigger than me and a fat bastard, wasn't so lucky

Quote:
£#%&! me, this time next year, the average height on here will be eleventy seven ft.

is this entire forum based in the Netherlands?

that's my height

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
same here. grrrrrrrr!

Unread 18-05-2020, 06:04 PM
no fun

I’m 5ft 10, can’t fight my way out of a paper bag, and was never bullied

Unread 18-05-2020, 06:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I’m 5ft 10, can’t fight my way out of a paper bag, and was never bullied
the pegger says otherwise.

Unread 18-05-2020, 06:07 PM
no fun

Quote:
Sorry, I meant out in the community

Unread 18-05-2020, 06:08 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Innit? Funners is the most under the thumb person on the forum I reckon

Unread 18-05-2020, 06:10 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Innit? Funners is the most under the thumb person on the forum I reckon
%@#$&!s

She knows full well that if I don’t get my £7.50 a week spending money they’ll be £#%&!ing trouble

Unread 18-05-2020, 06:20 PM
Ethers

Bloody hell, hypocrite central this thread....
Closed Thread