United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2020, 05:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Wasn't it Leeds away when he was coming on a sub and they started singing: "One ugly bastard..." or something?

Absolutely brutal.

He was that bad tbf.

Don't think the Megastore ever sold that much merchandise with his visage on it, nqat.

But even at the time I thought some of the stick was a bit much

Unread 06-05-2020, 08:57 PM
Why Don?

Not having the whole “but he could still pull birds so there’s nothing to feel sorry about” angle.

If he worked in a supermarket he wouldn’t had to have taken all the stick.

I always felt sorry for him.

Unread 06-05-2020, 09:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
why so cranky?
Have you been to a supermarket lately? He's under pressure.

Unread 07-05-2020, 05:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Not having the whole “but he could still pull birds so there’s nothing to feel sorry about” angle.

If he worked in a supermarket he wouldn’t had to have taken all the stick.

I always felt sorry for him.
Did you feel sorry for Rooney?

Unread 07-05-2020, 08:15 AM
lenin

Wasn’t he a regular punchline on They Think It’s All Over? Having those @#%&!s Nick Hancock and Rory McGrath humiliate you on national tv every week. Followed by the inevitable #@&%!-on-the-street repeating it every time you step out of the front door would £#%&! with your head after a while

Unread 07-05-2020, 08:17 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
Wasn’t he a regular punchline on They Think It’s All Over? Having those @#%&!s Nick Hancock and Rory McGrath humiliate you on national tv every week. Followed by the inevitable #@&%!-on-the-street repeating it every time you step out of the front door would £#%&! with your head after a while
the one who had to hide in the bogs on a train aftert a load of reds gave him a load of verbal?

Unread 10-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Stickman

Scored what nearly turned out to be the winner at Elland Road didn’t he.

When Wes Browns own goal was wrongly chalked off in stoppage time

Also sensing some hypocrisy on here, did you all feel bad when Old Trafford gave Crouch untold Shit when he came on in 06-07? “Freaaak”

Unread 10-05-2020, 10:44 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Also sensing some hypocrisy on here, did you all feel bad when Old Trafford gave Crouch untold Shit when he came on in 06-07? “Freaaak”

And ' does the circus know you're here'

I probably thought it was hilarious at the time.
It wasn't til i watched his programme on mental health and how it affected him that i actually felt sorry for him

Unread 10-05-2020, 05:30 PM
rubbernecker

TBH that's part and parcel of being a famous footballer

No excuse for the racist stuff but ripping into footballers is fair game IMO

There's enough preciousness and protecting the inflated egos and sensibilities of pampered millionaires

Ooh don't sing that it might upset him and effect his mental well being said no one except @#%&!s ever

Unread 10-05-2020, 06:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
TBH that's part and parcel of being a famous footballer

No excuse for the racist stuff but ripping into footballers is fair game IMO
You have to draw the line somewhere tbh, was the stuff Beckham got after the 1998 WC alright?

Unread 10-05-2020, 08:14 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You have to draw the line somewhere tbh, was the stuff Beckham got after the 1998 WC alright?
I have at racist chants

The rest is being overly precious and protecting the feelings of over paid big girl's blouses who are compensated very nicely for having a few ditties thrown their way

I remember Utd fans singing Zagger Zigger West Ham's got a N****r in the 70s which was deplorable and thankfully a thing of the past

But I also remember Utd fans singing about Frank Worthington's wife £#%&!ing off with the milkman ,which distressed him that much he was subbed which was funny as £#%&!

It's a football match FFS

Where's your line ?

Unread 10-05-2020, 10:20 PM
red in cumbria

I don't think the example I just cited *was* acceptable, no. So its more than just overt racism IMO.

Unread 18-05-2020, 07:41 AM
Switching Off

Just been on BBC talking about. Now they've got Nick Hancock on apologising. Looks like hes just woke up. Jason Lee on too talking about the pineapple on his head thing.

Unread 18-05-2020, 07:57 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Just been on BBC talking about. Now they've got Nick Hancock on apologising. Looks like hes just woke up. Jason Lee on too talking about the pineapple on his head thing.
ffs

Unread 18-05-2020, 12:08 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Remember one time when Taribo West was warming up one night for Inter and cries of "what the £#%&!ing hell is that" rained down. He did have green hair beads in though...

Unread 18-05-2020, 12:12 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
ffs
I was in K stand when he turned up next game having shaved his pineapple off. The song sung that day was “He,s got a Malteser on his head”

Unread 18-05-2020, 12:43 PM
elhombre

Lineker is an absolute #@&%!

Have you seen his tweet today?

jesus.... he's such an insincere snide...

they all hammered him.

he's a total #@&%! and always looking to save his own skin and come across as mr nice guy.

why aren't people like him ever given a hard time?

Unread 18-05-2020, 12:57 PM
Fat Al

£#%&!ing hell, I thought that ABU Stokey @#%&! Hancock was dead.

Turns out he just looks like he is.

Unread 18-05-2020, 01:06 PM
Knockers

Never explain, never apologise. Always liked how Frankie Boyle stuck to his guns over calling that swimmer a dolphin.

Sticks and stones. I'm drumming that into my five year old now because I'm pretty sure she'll be hankering for a nose job in her teens and I can't afford it.

Unread 18-05-2020, 01:07 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Never explain, never apologise. Always liked how Frankie Boyle stuck to his guns over calling that swimmer a dolphin.

Sticks and stones. I'm drumming that into my five year old now because I'm pretty sure she'll be hankering for a nose job in her teens and I can't afford it.
you sound like an absolute psycho.
Closed Thread