thatsfuctit

All the goals from the CL run.

From a former Fredster

Unread 26-05-2020, 10:19 AM
Mr_Ed

Heady days indeed

Unread 26-05-2020, 10:39 AM
windy waffles

Would have loved to have seen the official match thread on here for that game.

Unread 26-05-2020, 10:48 AM
waynes ear's

some corking pics on here

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a4450031.html

Unread 26-05-2020, 12:56 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Anyone got that Red skies over Europe documentary that Granada did? Think it was called that anyway.
Fancy a few cans and a reminisce tonight.
21 years ago ffs! Met the Mrs the week that I got back from Barcelona. I'd have been out by now etc etc.

Unread 26-05-2020, 01:12 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Anyone got that Red skies over Europe documentary that Granada did? Think it was called that anyway.
link here pal

Unread 26-05-2020, 01:37 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
As if I'm clicking on that!

Unread 26-05-2020, 03:05 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
All the goals from the CL run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFwwuML5yN4

From a former Fredster
https://youtu.be/gDy0pCwCUTU
Brilliant days

I was 18 and was doing my final year of a-levels. £#%&!ing great summer, as i got in to uni after this and it was the start of a new part of my life.

The 1990s were ace for everything - football and life in general, i don't think even if we did it again it would feel half as good. Sadly a number of people i knew who i went to games with, home and away, during this period of time have since died - with SAF being at both their funerals....

The fact you can't re-create these times, or have them back makes them even more special.

Great times.

Also - I think it may have been Stoney, but someone posted pitch-side footage of the goals - no commentators... it was absolutely brilliant as you just heard the players and fans.

Anyone got a link to this?

EDIT:

it's this - but the quality on this one is dire compared to the one i saw.

Still gives me goosebumps.

Unread 26-05-2020, 05:03 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
21 years ffs

Life seemed so much easier back then..

Getting old is shit.
It was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Brilliant days

I was 18 and was doing my final year of a-levels. f***ing great summer, as i got in to uni after this and it was the start of a new part of my life.

The 1990s were ace for everything - football and life in general, i don't think even if we did it again it would feel half as good. Sadly a number of people i knew who i went to games with, home and away, during this period of time have since died - with SAF being at both their funerals....

The fact you can't re-create these times, or have them back makes them even more special.

Great times.

Also - I think it may have been Stoney, but someone posted pitch-side footage of the goals - no commentators... it was absolutely brilliant as you just heard the players and fans.

Anyone got a link to this?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC_f9CB1Pmg

it's this - but the quality on this one is dire compared to the one i saw.

Still gives me goosebumps.
Yes, it was was looking af Formula 1 GP on the internet an notice how much better these GPs were compared to what we have had in resent years.

In my huble opinion 1990s is the greatest decade in human history.

Unread 26-05-2020, 05:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
In my huble opinion 1990s is the greatest decade in human history.
At the start of it the Cold War ended and the shadow of nuclear conflict was lifted. People genuinely thought things would get better - and for a while they did, at least for the majority of us.

What has happened since shows that none of that can be automatically presumed or taken for granted, however.

Unread 27-05-2020, 01:07 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
At the start of it the Cold War ended and the shadow of nuclear conflict was lifted. People genuinely thought things would get better - and for a while they did, at least for the majority of us.

What has happened since shows that none of that can be automatically presumed or taken for granted, however.
Yes, then 9/11 happened in 2001 and we have been living in post 9/11 world since then, although that post- 9/11 world might be coming to end because of the current pandemic.

Unread 27-05-2020, 06:27 AM
waynes ear's

who the £#%&! cares about 11th September on a 26th May 1999 thread you bad weirdo

Unread 27-05-2020, 06:52 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Yes, then 9/11 happened in 2001 and we have been living in post 9/11 world since then, although that post- 9/11 world might be coming to end because of the current pandemic.
Ffs log off.

Possibly the best 2 weeks of my life . Managed to jib a coach back to Benidorm to catch the Ferry from Deyna back to Ibiza. Mad old week following the reds.

Unread 27-05-2020, 07:59 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Quote:
Captain & Corporal Buzz Kill reporting for duty

Unread 27-05-2020, 09:06 AM
rubbernecker

This article is very good if not the best pice on that night IMO

Long read but worth it

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...33/story.shtml

Unread 27-05-2020, 09:41 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Would have loved to have seen the official match thread on here for that game.
Sparky would have been an imdb 9.3/10

Unread 27-05-2020, 11:50 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Sparky would have been an imdb 9.3/10
"That's the difference between Bayern and us. They bring on that Samihivilidic lad. Who do we bring on? A decrepit Essex wideboy and some whale-bothering nobody."
Closed Thread