United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-04-2024, 04:20 PM
poppy

ETH needs putting out of his misery. Today, if we're to stand a chance in the Cup Final. Give it Claudio Gentile and Andoni Goikoetxea until the end of the season.

Unread 22-04-2024, 04:21 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
ETH needs putting out of his misery. Today, if we're to stand a chance in the Cup Final. Give it Claudio Gentile and Andoni Goikoetxea until the end of the season.
Well at least announce he's leaving after Cup Final

Unread 22-04-2024, 05:19 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
After we’ve stopped trying to gloss over the fact that we were run ragged by Coventry City in an fa cup semi final, are the same people going to try and come up with any evidence to suggest we won’t get pumped in the final?

It’s going to be carnage
We couldn’t even knock ourselves out. Names on the trophy.

Unread 22-04-2024, 05:29 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Well done Croady. I suspect that is a suggestion that neither the inners or the outers think is a good idea. Impressive.

Unread 22-04-2024, 05:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Well done Croady. I suspect that is a suggestion that neither the inners or the outers think is a good idea. Impressive.

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:23 PM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
£#%&!ing hell.

Didn't we used to be Man Utd? I seem to remember winning European cups, now our level is upsetting 12 year old Coventry fans by nicking an FA cup semi.

Maybe I imagined it.
You clearly don't remember the '80s, that was Man Utd as well. As for European cups, we won two in Fergies reign, should've been at least four. Also, I will never get tired of Utd upsetting children, old women and anyone else who doesn't support us.

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:33 PM
Zorg

Had enough of the whinge fest now. £#%&! Coventry, hope they cry themselves to sleep and get relegated next season.

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Still fuming

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:52 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
“Manchester United would like today to confirm that Erik Ten Hag has been sacked. We would like to thank him for his service to the club, despite not being good enough or winning the league in either of the two years he’s been here. We don’t believe he is capable of delivering success, but would also like to wish him well in his future career, and a big ‘good luck’ from us all for the cup final against city next month before he goes.”

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:15 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
“Manchester United would like today to confirm that Erik Ten Hag has been sacked. We would like to thank him for his service to the club, despite not being good enough or winning the league in either of the two years he’s been here. We don’t believe he is capable of delivering success, but would also like to wish him well in his future career, and a big ‘good luck’ from us all for the cup final against city next month before he goes.”
There you go,absolutely perfect

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:23 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
After we’ve stopped trying to gloss over the fact that we were run ragged by Coventry City in an fa cup semi final, are the same people going to try and come up with any evidence to suggest we won’t get pumped in the final?

It’s going to be carnage
We had 20 bad minutes that we all know we are well capable of. The game against City at home last year showed his ability as a coach. Shaw marked Haaland out of the game and they had one shot on target. If we manage to get Shaw and Martinez fit we can beat them. Midfield last time was Casimero and Fred with £#%&!ing Martial up top.

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:27 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We had 20 bad minutes that we all know we are well capable of. The game against City at home last year showed his ability as a coach. Shaw marked Haaland out of the game and they had one shot on target. If we manage to get Shaw and Martinez fit we can beat them. Midfield last time was Casimero and Fred with £#%&!ing Martial up top.
Yeah but would you want to just throw them back into the team having not played in a while. Particularly Shaw who hasn't kicked a ball since February at Luton

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:30 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Yeah but would you want to just throw them back into the team having not played in a while. Particularly Shaw who hasn't kicked a ball since February at Luton
I'd throw Dennis Irwin in before AWB and he hasn't kicked a ball since the old king died. Shaw was amazing that day. I remember people horrified that he was up against Haaland but he was outstanding that struck home that old ETH had a bit of an idea about game plans

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Just feel so embarrassed, still ...

Can't shrug it off, everyday I wake now I just can't stop thinking about the Coventry fans, what they went through on Sunday, everything sky blue feels so dull now, bought some squares crisps and they just tasted of nothing, the sun is blazing today but it doesn't feel right,

When you've played a prank on someone but it's actually upset them, the lingering doubt, if only we could turn back time....

we've booked an air BnB in Coventry and I plan on spending a whole load of cash in local businesses.....

It feels like shame at times, how a behemoth of a club like united just didn't let them have the win ...

I'm glad online they have come out as the real winners ..

Hopefully the cloud lifts soon, but I'm just so sorry ...

They will live and die in that town...

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:39 PM
redhegemony

Be a nice gesture to ignore wembley and watch the cup final in a pub in Coventry. Share their pain.

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Hope we can keep them in the conversation for a while, maybe look at a pre season friendly ....

Would be nice, heard they stayed behind long after we had left to clap the manager and chairman who brought them in this journey, from the lower leagues to two wembley dates, with passion, desire and just a bunch of local lads and lasses with sky blue veins and big bloody hearts...

"Heard they don't talk about me too much no more....
That's the problem with a closed door"

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:00 PM
redhegemony

I trust City will have a flag with a number 12x bus on it. Be a lovely tribute

Unread 23-04-2024, 08:28 PM
Dacter

Quote:

It’s going to be carnage
It won’t even be carnage.

It’ll be a frictionless 0-2 defeat with us failing to land a glove.

Unread 23-04-2024, 08:29 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

Would take that right now

Unread 23-04-2024, 08:32 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

Yep, just a routine straight forward win for city. 2 or 3 nil. Don’t think it will see us collapse. The game pretty much played entirely in our half with us chasing around a bit and not getting anywhere. The few opportunities to break will be squandered by Rashford and Bruno who mysteriously want to slow down each break opportunity we have in the middle of the park.