United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:45 PM
wonky no

Default motd now

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Mr_Ed

Interesting to hear what the 'pundits' think...

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:51 PM
wonky no

piss poor dive

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Crumps

Their view of Ronnie is pretty clear. Wonder if they'll comment on the fact that if they wanted Ronnie gone for 2 possible bookings MGP could have easily gone too.

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:52 PM
wonky no

great freekick

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Crumps

Nope they're going with the view that MGP was assaulted.

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Mr_Ed

It £#%&!ing annoys me - what about the disallowed goal? The £#%&!ing £#%&!tard £#%&!sticks.

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:58 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Their view of Ronnie is pretty clear. Wonder if they'll comment on the fact that if they wanted Ronnie gone for 2 possible bookings MGP could have easily gone too.
they arn't making mountains out of mole hills though. he kicked out and he dived. simples. if that had been steeeevie g we would have gone menkle.

have they mentioned our perfectly good goal that got struck off?

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:59 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

if someone falls over after such minimal contact...they should see a £#%&!in doctor

soft @#%&!

and im talking about the flat faced feret fiddler

Unread 21-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It £#%&!ing annoys me - what about the disallowed goal? The £#%&!ing £#%&!tard £#%&!sticks.
Seen him do it a few times have we Alan?

Maybe a they should have a few words with Neil Lennon or Ugo Ehiogu you medal famine having @#%&!.

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
if someone falls over after such minimal contact...they should see a £#%&!in doctor

soft @#%&!
beyond a joke, didn't realise football had become non contact

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Mr_Ed

It makes my blood boil it does... If they'd covered all the contentious points then fine but Fabio put his hand on his shoulder and he went down like he got shot... he should have either give the pen or booked Pederson.

There was no mention of the disallowed goal or why it got disallowed or anything and that would have been far more contentious.

£#%&!ers.

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
they arn't making mountains out of mole hills though. he kicked out and he dived. simples. if that had been steeeevie g we would have gone menkle.

have they mentioned our perfectly good goal that got struck off?
I would have had £#%&! all to moan about if he went and wouldn't anyway if he did. Both MGP going down like a sack of shit and clattering Raf just before the 'corner' could be deemed bookable offences too imo.

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:04 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
beyond a joke, didn't realise football had become non contact
to be fair though it's never been legal to put your hands on someones shoulders. pederson obviously thought the pen was nailed on and collapsed. it was a pen. we got a freekick for the same thing before it.

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:09 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I would have had £#%&! all to moan about if he went and wouldn't anyway if he did. Both MGP going down like a sack of shit and clattering Raf just before the 'corner' could be deemed bookable offences too imo.
the 'corner' was a booking, he went down because rafael had his hands on his shoulders, bad defending by rafael and it was a pen.

wonder if rafael would've been sent off if webb had given it?

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
to be fair though it's never been legal to put your hands on someones shoulders. pederson obviously thought the pen was nailed on and collapsed. it was a pen. we got a freekick for the same thing before it.
there given more than there not but I don't think they should be

Just don't think Rafael applyed any pressure, he merely placed his hands on Pedersen!

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:17 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
there should be a rule which says "if you act like a girl, you wont get the decision no matter what other rule (or bones) may have been broken"

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:19 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
there given more than there not but I don't think they should be

Just don't think Rafael applyed any pressure, he merely placed his hands on Pedersen!
it doesn't matter though, you can't do it. if pederson had stayed on his feet and missed he'd have got a %@#$&!ing. its the same as brushing your hand across someones face, regardless of how hard it's intent and rafael wasn't intent on helping pederson score!

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Pop

Lineker is such a smug @#%&!.

And I'm beginning to suspect he's a homosexual too

Unread 22-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Tiberian

Why did he touch him? He was trying to put him off, technically it may have been a foul but I can not stand the moral outrage over Ronaldo's dive but the acceptance of what Pedersen did. No way on earth does the minimal contact force him to ground, it was a conscious choice to thrown himself to the floor, it is a dive , not as blatant but the same thought process is at work.

During the first half today Nani was harrying Diouf inot the corner, minimal contact he goes down, Ekoku praises Diouf for having done well to milk it. 2 mins later he complains that you only have to breathe on Ronaldo for him to go down. How do these 2 incidents work with consistent standards applicable?
Closed Thread