United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

They've just hit a patch of form. 2 years so far. They'll run out of steam any day now.

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
They've just hit a patch of form. 2 years so far. They'll run out of steam any day now.

The funny thing is you can guarantee that’s what Liverpool fans were telling themselves when the Fergie era of success started

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:33 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The reverse happened to us because of a change in manager. We went from champions to seventh.
Fergie was worth ten-twenty points a season. It wasn’t really just the change in manager. Our key players either retired or were way past their best when Moyes took over. It was a slow decline that finally came home to roost as players aged. Fergie leaving was just the tipping point.

Quote:
At this point I don’t think it’s fair to downplay how good Liverpool currently are.
I’m not downplaying how good they are. They’re one of the best 2 teams in England. They’re just not 95 points good. That’s performing at least ten points above expectation. Variance will catch up with them. On the other hand, city’s expectation is 90+ points. Their average level is much higher.

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:42 PM
red in cumbria

Liverpool *must* be due a bit of a dip at some point, and its fair to say their opening fixtures have been generous to them.

But yes, as things stand they are favourites to win the league.

Let's see if they actually do.

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

The funny thing is you can guarantee that’s what Liverpool fans were telling themselves when the Fergie era of success started
I found it quite rare to see united play at 100% form and confidence for even a short run.

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I found it quite rare to see united play at 100% form and confidence for even a short run.
‘100% form’

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I think he means they were fooling themselves back then too instead of facing reality. The side they hate most was only getting better while they were a dysfunctional joke from top to bottom.

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I think he means they were fooling themselves back then too instead of facing reality. The side they hate most was only getting better while they were a dysfunctional joke from top to bottom.
We’re this generations ‘spice boys’ ain’t we?

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep. 'Shit n mix'

Unread 15-09-2019, 07:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I wish
They played good football

Unread 15-09-2019, 07:04 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
I think the difference is our fans generally don’t tolerate that shit, know we’re pretty shit atm and are realistic about what our immediate prospects are.

Lfc fans back then convinced themselves that they were world beaters and in turn their players had an arrogance that was in no way justified.

Take lingard - united’s official spice boy, gets roasted by united fans all the time for being very average and a complete £#%&!ing dick. Scousers would pander to the @#%&! if he played for them (not that he’d have any £#%&!ing chance of getting in their current team).

Unread 15-09-2019, 07:11 PM
utd99

Arsenal are not going to challenge for anything. They still have no soul.

Unread 15-09-2019, 07:22 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Not any more we're not. Back to basics. Work hard and work more. We're starting to build partnerships. Lindelof/Maguire James with each full back. Need to get Martial and Rashford firing and find someone to work with The Scottish Player.

Unread 15-09-2019, 07:26 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
‘100% form’

Unread 15-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Cream

Watching motd here.

City abysmal at the back.

Abraham superb for Chelsea, even managed an OG with his hand. 4!
Three kids on the scoresheet. Buggers.

Awaiting those Arsenal dumbasses.

Unread 16-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Watching motd here.

City abysmal at the back.

Abraham superb for Chelsea, even managed an OG with his hand. 4!
Three kids on the scoresheet. Buggers.

Awaiting those Arsenal dumbasses.
City's squad, the first £Billion squad looked like it could cope with anything. They lost one centre back and everything goes to shit

Van Dyke next please

Unread 16-09-2019, 02:23 PM
utd99

What the £#%&! is going on with these arrogant managers trying to play the ball out of their own penalty areas? I get that if it works the opposition are stretched, but the risk vs reward is off the charts.

2-0 up and you gift Watford a goal to get back in the game because you have a theory about how the game should be played?
Even DT could have seen what was going to happen.

Unread 16-09-2019, 03:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What the £#%&! is going on with these arrogant managers trying to play the ball out of their own penalty areas? I get that if it works the opposition are stretched, but the risk vs reward is off the charts.

2-0 up and you gift Watford a goal to get back in the game because you have a theory about how the game should be played?
Even DT could have seen what was going to happen.
Was £#%&!ing funny though

Classic case of just because you can doesn't mean that you should..

Unread 16-09-2019, 03:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was £#%&!ing funny though

Classic case of just because you can doesn't mean that you should..
Kept doing it too; it was clear as day what was going to happen. They're all so desperate to appear innovative. Greasy haired Alan partridge looking £#%&!stick.

Unread 16-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Patty_b

Stupid thing to do all the time. Teams just put numbers around the area and press immediately. Hope they keep doing it though, great fun to see.

Just seen the match stats: Watford had 31 shots to Arsenals 7
Closed Thread