United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Based on what? We are here three years later in an even worse state, with a manager who has set back all the young players at the club and tactically failed to develop us in the slightest. How can you dispute that not making that change could have worked out better?
Based on it fitting with a narrative certain LVG haters/Mou backers are desperate to be true and desperate to stick with.

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Based on it fitting with a narrative certain LVG haters/Mou backers are desperate to be true and desperate to stick with.
Reminds me of the Rashford 'debate' tbh pal

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Martial too..

There’s a pattern forming with these self professedly open minded chaps isn’t there..

Unread 09-12-2018, 05:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
Why? I don’t think there’s a single person on here, or in United’s support generally, who doesn’t want Rashford to be a resounding success. You point to the stick he gets vs someone like Sanchez or Matic and you have a point, but it’s because no one really gives a £#%&! about those players; they’re transient mercenaries, and if they weren’t here on Monday who would really care? Whereas with an academy hopeful like Rashers it would be a crying shame.

The problem comes, however, when you’re expected to ignore what’s in front of your face and the reasons for it. To this point MR has not improved to the degree we’d hoped or expected, though he did well yesterday. He doesn’t make good decisions, he doesn’t execute with confidence and he has yet to develop what Scholes might call ‘the trick’ to get past defenders.

I’ve not seen anyone serious give up on him, but as young as he is, he needs to be showing more after 120+ top flight games. Not the finished article, but a significant improvement on the initial article. The club should wait for no one. That’s all.

Unread 09-12-2018, 05:45 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Yep, hard to argue with much of that. He has shown better form in the past few games, hopefully that will continue.

Unread 09-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Why? I don’t think there’s a single person on here, or in United’s support generally, who doesn’t want Rashford to be a resounding success. You point to the stick he gets vs someone like Sanchez or Matic and you have a point, but it’s because no one really gives a £#%&! about those players; they’re transient mercenaries, and if they weren’t here on Monday who would really care? Whereas with an academy hopeful like Rashers it would be a crying shame.

The problem comes, however, when you’re expected to ignore what’s in front of your face and the reasons for it. To this point MR has not improved to the degree we’d hoped or expected, though he did well yesterday. He doesn’t make good decisions, he doesn’t execute with confidence and he has yet to develop what Scholes might call ‘the trick’ to get past defenders.

I’ve not seen anyone serious give up on him, but as young as he is, he needs to be showing more after 120+ top flight games. Not the finished article, but a significant improvement on the initial article. The club should wait for no one. That’s all.
Nothing unreasonable about that.

He's performed better in recent games. Nothing has really changed about the side and We've been in bad form, so it proves he CAN be more responsible for his own perofmances.

He made two goals at Southampton . He dragged us back in to the game. He made himself valuable. He caused problems for Arsenal. He scored yesterday. He's making himself important. If he does that, he'll get picked more.

I don't know if any United fan who isn't eager for him to do well more than any other player.

There is an overlap between Mourinho not being the right manager for him and personal responsibility.

Unread 09-12-2018, 07:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

Closed Thread