United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Crumps

Default 9 Points From The Next 3 Games....

Bolton, Vermin and Villa at home all by at least 2 goals and I can see Arse v Chelsea being a draw next week. Then all we have to do is beat Arsenal at home and get a result a Stamford bridge although I wouldn't be suprised to see dropped points at Boro.

Champions.

Unread 16-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Tumescent Throb

Nearly a quarter of the season still to run.

Unread 16-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Nearly a quarter of the season still to run.
I've covered 6 of the remaining 9 games though in my post and am fully confident we can win the other 3.

I expect us to finish the league on 89 points with a goal difference of +56.

For the more simple forumistas out there this is just my prediction and in no way should be taken as fact.

Unread 16-03-2008, 08:56 AM
borsuk

i'm actually quite glad we've got arsenal, chelsea and liverpool to go. i think we'll do fine against the big/motivating teams. it's the boros and boltons that i'm worried about, tbh. too much temptation to rotate, too much lackadaisical play.

nice to see how much it meant to ronnie and wayne yesterday, though. real desire and will there.

Unread 16-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Tumescent Throb

+56 eh?

Worst case scenario I look at is win the easy ones draw the tough/tricky ones.

That gives us 19 more points.

Unread 16-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Whalefish

4 points from the next 3 games IMO. Long way to go yet and I've not been impressed with our form, our finishing in particular. Against a half decent defence (like next week) I think we'll come unstuck.

In fact I fear the worst next week, not doom for doom sake, but we're struggling to find the net the scousers aren't.

Unread 16-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
4 points from the next 3 games IMO. Long way to go yet and I've not been impressed with our form, our finishing in particular. Against a half decent defence (like next week) I think we'll come unstuck.

In fact I fear the worst next week, not doom for doom sake, but we're struggling to find the net the scousers aren't.
4 points from 3 home games?

I don't think so.

Unread 16-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
4 points from 3 home games?

I don't think so.
Indeed. I hope not. But I think we'll lose one of them.

Unread 16-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

"we can look forward to a battle with the vermin next weekend"

Ferguson said someat like that yesterday, so Fletcher and Brown to be like flies round shit from the off - that's Mascherano and Torres taken care of.

Liverpool aren't one of the teams I'd say are due a win at OT either. Unlike Villa.

Unread 16-03-2008, 09:15 AM
wiganste

We'll win our next 3.

And in an ideal world, Chelsea & Arsenal will draw.

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:17 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i'm actually quite glad we've got arsenal, chelsea and liverpool to go. i think we'll do fine against the big/motivating teams. it's the boros and boltons that i'm worried about, tbh. too much temptation to rotate, too much lackadaisical play.

nice to see how much it meant to ronnie and wayne yesterday, though. real desire and will there.
exactimundo

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:22 PM
koppas

Arsenal will finish third. Can't wait.

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Arsenal will finish third. Can't wait.
Looks like a distinct possibility. 4 games without a win by a team that's supposedly challenging for the league is piss funny. Them 3rd, Everton fourth and us winning it will be just beautiful.

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:36 PM
MJ Ramone

If we get 9pts from these 3 home games I think we'll win it.

The game against Liverpool next Sunday is a horrible fixture.
We need to really turn it on it that game.

If both 'SUPER SUNDAY' games finish as draws I think I'd take that too.
Leaving things 'as is' with less games to play.

I'm not looking forward to that LIverpool game at all. It's the one fixture each season that I get the most nervous about.

3pts on Wednesday followed by a win over the dippers will be absolutely huge for us.

I've litterally got the old butterflies in overdrive as I'm typing this & thinking about this time next week.

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Sparky***

It would appear that Chelsea are looking more of a threat than Arsenal at the moment.

We, ourselves are not in the best form either. 2 goals in our last 3 games is not encouraging. We HAVE to get an early goal against Bolton or we risk going through the whole nervous, frustrating routine for the 3rd game in a row.

Next weekend is going to be very interesting. We're going to have to keep that shithouse Torres quiet because he's on fire at the moment.

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:42 PM
MJ Ramone

Yep, whilst there's nothing more enjoyable & 'United LIke' than a late winning goal, I want early goals to settle my £#%&!ing nerves on Wednesday night.

Bolton sacrificed a potential UEFA Cup QF because of their 'World Cup Final' on Wednesday.
Expect the likes of Nolan, Davies, Diouf & co to be trying their little cotton socks off.

A brace a piece from Rooney & Tevez would be nice + a goal from central midfield.

We need to start scoring again asap.

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
If we get 9pts from these 3 home games I think we'll win it.

The game against Liverpool next Sunday is a horrible fixture.
We need to really turn it on it that game.

If both 'SUPER SUNDAY' games finish as draws I think I'd take that too.
Leaving things 'as is' with less games to play.

I'm not looking forward to that LIverpool game at all. It's the one fixture each season that I get the most nervous about.

3pts on Wednesday followed by a win over the dippers will be absolutely huge for us.

I've litterally got the old butterflies in overdrive as I'm typing this & thinking about this time next week
Agree on that, Always the first one I look out for when fixture list is done and always the one I have trouble sleeping before and will be thinking about more than anything else. It's the one I enjoy winning the most too. 2-0 Rio from a corner and Rooney to finish it on the break when they decide to attack for the last 10 minutes.

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:43 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
It would appear that Chelsea are looking more of a threat than Arsenal at the moment.

We, ourselves are not in the best form either. 2 goals in our last 3 games is not encouraging. We HAVE to get an early goal against Bolton or we risk going through the whole nervous, frustrating routine for the 3rd game in a row.

Next weekend is going to be very interesting. We're going to have to keep that shithouse Torres quiet because he's on fire at the moment.
spot on

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:44 PM
koppas

I have a £100 bet with a gooner at work.

Counting it already.

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
spot on
Yep, against bolton, it should be Nani, Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney and just go for them. 90mph straight from the off.
Closed Thread