United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2010, 09:57 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Valencia

United have confirmed he's undergone surgery on his ankle (damaged vs Spurs) and he's out for two months.

Was even seen in Ecuador in a wheelchair!

Unread 13-05-2010, 10:00 AM
dunk

It was a nasty one he got, Ledley King tackled him awkwardly (I think), still played on for 5 minutes though.

He's a bit hard as £#%&! on the QT.

Unread 13-05-2010, 10:14 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was a nasty one he got, Ledley King tackled him awkwardly (I think), still played on for 5 minutes though.

He's a bit hard as £#%&! on the QT.
Bit like Anderson, tried to run it off but at the time you could tell he was in serious pain and had to come off.

Disapointing end to a fantastic season for him, to think he's only a "kick and run" player aswell

Unread 13-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Best time to get injured for two months.

Contrast with rooney who goes and £#%&!s himself at the business end, useless scouse @#%&!.

Unread 13-05-2010, 10:42 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up

buy of the season, nqat. have a nice rest toni, see you next year.

Unread 13-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
buy of the season, nqat. have a nice rest toni, see you next year.
He beat off some outstanding competition. Owen, Obertan, Diouf...

Unread 13-05-2010, 10:59 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He beat off some outstanding competition. Owen, Obertan, Diouf...

i meant in the whole league tbh

Unread 13-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Switching Off

Quote:

Then he beat off some truly outstanding competition, Aquilani, Viera, Barry

Unread 13-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Appletango

Quote:

Wouldn't go that far tbh. Alot more to come from him imo

Unread 13-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Tevez? Bent? Can't think of too many more.

Unread 13-05-2010, 12:25 PM
safingtons

Quote:
You could argue our best buy of the summer other than the obvious attacking midfielder and another striker would be buying some of Ronaldo's confidence/arrogance and planting it in Tony's brain.

Got some frightening tools he doesn't use enough of or uses wrongly. Pretty good debut season but we need more next season, he needs to start accepting he's a United player and deserves to be here. I want to see the Valencia that played for Ecuador at the world cup in 2006.

Unread 13-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Tevez? Bent? Can't think of too many more.
I'd go.

Richard Dunne
Tevez
Bent

Then maybe even the likes of Vermaelan, Roger Johnson and Milner.

Good signing - Without doubt.
Signing of the season - Massive exageration

Unread 13-05-2010, 12:36 PM
borsuk

Quote:
I'd go.

Richard Dunne
Tevez
Bent

Then maybe even the likes of Vermaelan, Roger Johnson and Milner.

Good signing - Without doubt.
Signing of the season - Massive exageration
dunne has been decent in the second half of the season, nothing more. villa have leaked goals since christmas and he's played a part in that.

tevez has been good, no question, but not all season. remember we were laughing at city when he wasn't scoring. decent argument for him but i'd still go with valencia.

bent? he's been dogshite in the last two months.

vermaelan has been part of a poor arsenal defence that has been exposed time and again, especially from set pieces.

johnson? nowhere near.

milner has been good, but again not maintained his form.

Unread 13-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

richard dunne is a bit of a donkey tbh. saw him the other week at city and he was shit. saw him at Wembley, where he was shit.

vermaelan's positioning and lack of leadership cost arsenal plenty of goals

Unread 13-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Coracao

Quote:
richard dunne is a bit of a donkey tbh. saw him the other week at city and he was shit. saw him at Wembley, where he was shit.

vermaelan's positioning and lack of leadership cost arsenal plenty of goals
True.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/...tional-errors/

Unread 13-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Appletango

Quote:
dunne has been decent in the second half of the season, nothing more. villa have leaked goals since christmas and he's played a part in that.

tevez has been good, no question, but not all season. remember we were laughing at city when he wasn't scoring. decent argument for him but i'd still go with valencia.

bent? he's been dogshite in the last two months.

vermaelan has been part of a poor arsenal defence that has been exposed time and again, especially from set pieces.

johnson? nowhere near.

milner has been good, but again not maintained his form.
You seriously need to take your red tinted glasses off.

Richard Dunne has been immense - Fergie said himself he is the signing of the season. Take the Chelsea game away and they have hardly conceeded any.

Tevez - Been scoring for fun most of the season, nominated for player of the year, its universally regarded he has been signing of the season, for me its Dunne though.

Bent - Scored 24 goals in a shit team, over half their goals I think, Scored 9 goals from March onwards, hardly shit.

Vermalaen - Brought stability to the backline at Arsenal, only have to look at how fragile they've looked when he hasn't been there, had him as a maybe anyway.

Johnson - Nowhere near. Ok then, guess that's because he plays for Birmingham, a team who only finished 9th in their first season with a very tight defence, both him, Dann and Hart(if you include Hart) are all decent candidates to.

Seriously.

Unread 13-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Appletango

As for mainting form like you seem to assume Vallers has done yet Dunne, Milner and Tevez etc hasn't.

He hasn't scored a goal in 2010 despite us playing 4-5-1 majority of games, last assist in February.

5 goals - Wigan, Bolton, Everton, West Ham and Wolves
9 assist - Wigan, Everton, West Ham, Wigan(2) Burnley, Everton and West Ham(2).

Unread 13-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
As for mainting form like you seem to assume Vallers has done yet Dunne, Milner and Tevez etc hasn't.

He hasn't scored a goal in 2010 despite us playing 4-5-1 majority of games, last assist in February.

5 goals - Wigan, Bolton, Everton, West Ham and Wolves
9 assist - Wigan, Everton, West Ham, Wigan(2) Burnley, Everton and West Ham(2).
fulham at home? bayern at home certainly. vermin at home certainly.

not sure about us playing 4-5-1 in the majority of games either tbh

Valencia was guilty of the miss that has effectively cost us the league, when Berbatov put him clean through at Blackburn. other than that he's been excellent overall

Unread 13-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
You seriously need to take your red tinted glasses off.

Richard Dunne has been immense - Fergie said himself he is the signing of the season. Take the Chelsea game away and they have hardly conceeded any.

Tevez - Been scoring for fun most of the season, nominated for player of the year, its universally regarded he has been signing of the season, for me its Dunne though.

Bent - Scored 24 goals in a shit team, over half their goals I think, Scored 9 goals from March onwards, hardly shit.

Vermalaen - Brought stability to the backline at Arsenal, only have to look at how fragile they've looked when he hasn't been there, had him as a maybe anyway.

Johnson - Nowhere near. Ok then, guess that's because he plays for Birmingham, a team who only finished 9th in their first season with a very tight defence, both him, Dann and Hart(if you include Hart) are all decent candidates to.

Seriously.
that's all pretty fair imo.

I think Johnson has been outstanding. You wouldnt think he was playing in the championship last season.

Unread 13-05-2010, 01:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Valencia was guilty of the miss that has effectively cost us the league, when Berbatov put him clean through at Blackburn.
The @#%&!

I for one will never forgive him
Closed Thread