United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Do you act the @#%&! on purpose at every opportunity? Credit where credit is due. West Ham have lots of money and still haven't been able to get themselves out the bottom. Maybe we should look at it as money well spent and good moves in the transfer market by Keane.
No, I leave that to you. Everything I've said is correct. If Sunderland had any manager other than Keane doing the same thing no one would have even mentioned it. Let's wait before we declare him Fergie's successor. Robbo's first season in management was at least as successful and there are plenty more who started well only to fade away.

That doesn't make me a @#%&!, it makes me a realist. Now £#%&! off.

Unread 18-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
No, I leave that to you. Everything I've said is correct. If Sunderland had any manager other than Keane doing the same thing no one would have even mentioned it. Let's wait before we declare him Fergie's successor. Robbo's first season in management was at least as successful and there are plenty more who started well only to fade away.

There are any number of mistakes managers can make to £#%&! up a good team, and Keane clearly hasn't made them. So he does deserve some credit, I'm afraid.

Unread 18-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
There are any number of mistakes managers can make to £#%&! up a good team, and Keane clearly hasn't made them. So he does deserve some credit, I'm afraid.
Don't expect that idiot to give Keane credit

Unread 18-02-2007, 01:50 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:

I'm afraid it's your continuous @#%&!ish posts and idiotic opinions that make you a @#%&!. Not just this alone.

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:02 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I'm afraid it's your continuous @#%&!ish posts and idiotic opinions that make you a @#%&!. Not just this alone.
toilet sniffer isnt a @#%&!...

he has maintaned this view about roy keane for a while and he is entitle to it.

no one has the same opinion.

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Luffy

Sunderland needed a leader, someone to look up to and motivate them - Keano can do that. Those kind of managers always get off to bright starts.

The challenge is coming - man management, can he do it? he wasnt good at that here, he upset people, he £#%&!ed up the dressing room, he stifled our game. the likes of scholes and giggs seemed like they didnt enjoy playing with him anymore, the likes of fletch had no chance to blossom.

imo o'shea and fletch were 2 of the more promising 16-18 yr olds we've seen in years - but being around keane £#%&!ed them up. no confidence, no enjoyment out of playing, always fear and hesitation in the back of their minds when the ball is coming their way. It was the anti-cantona effect. Hopefully they get over it cos they still have some ability.

Keane has a habit of jumping ship and letting his team mates take the fall, lets see if he has overcome that. After his outburst on mutv, he has probably recognised he can't act like that and be a manager. Leaders dont do that.

but Utd is more than being a team manager, its club management. Keano doesn't adhere to the win in style mentality. Whats his youth policy? From what I have seen he isnt great at nurturing or inspiring young players. Both integral features in any future Utd manager as the core values of this club.

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:06 AM
khmk

Quote:
Sunderland only came down last year, Keane has spent a lot of money (more than most in that league). They should go up but it wouldn't mean he is a super star manager. Let's see if when they come up his team perform as well as Paul Jewell's in his first year in the Prem or Coppell's.

If Mourinho get no credit for managing a winning team that's outspending their rivals, why should Keane? Oh that's right, because he's untouchable.

Let's wait and see before we all shoot our load eh? There's loads of managers who have done "reasonably well" which is all you can really desribe his management tenure as - so far.
Knew you wouldnt be able to resist

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:10 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Sunderland needed a leader, someone to look up to and motivate them - Keano can do that. Those kind of managers always get off to bright starts.

The challenge is coming - man management, can he do it? he wasnt good at that here, he upset people, he £#%&!ed up the dressing room, he stifled our game. the likes of scholes and giggs seemed like they didnt enjoy playing with him anymore, the likes of fletch had no chance to blossom.

imo o'shea and fletch were 2 of the more promising 16-18 yr olds we've seen in years - but being around keane £#%&!ed them up. no confidence, no enjoyment out of playing, always fear and hesitation in the back of their minds when the ball is coming their way. It was the anti-cantona effect. Hopefully they get over it cos they still have some ability.

Keane has a habit of jumping ship and letting his team mates take the fall, lets see if he has overcome that. After his outburst on mutv, he has probably recognised he can't act like that and be a manager. Leaders dont do that.

but Utd is more than being a team manager, its club management. Keano doesn't adhere to the win in style mentality. Whats his youth policy? From what I have seen he isnt great at nurturing or inspiring young players. Both integral features in any future Utd manager as the core values of this club.
Well o shea has flourished since Keane has gone.
Maybe he will live and learn. we'll see i suppose.

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Give it a rest. O'Shea and Fletcher haven't progressed because they're shite. £#%&! all to do with Keane. If they don't have the mentality to receive a %@#$&!ing, then they aren't a united player. There have been plenty of promising 16 year olds before who haven't cut it, and there will be plenty more.

He has been gone for over a year, how long will you blame their shiteness on Keane? Has he ended their careers like he ended Haalands?

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:15 AM
violater

Quote:

alright rawney

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Luffy

o'shea was great when he came through. not just promising, he was great.

then all of a sudden you saw the whole team starting to play shit. scholes looked like he was scared to attack, giggs wanted to get rid of the ball asap and decent players like forlan and veron had their careers set back a good deal. huge amounts of disarray filled the dressing room, becks left, ruud left, and finally keane left.

now he is gone, the spirit in the dressing room is better. fletch is looking a tad better, the improvement in everyone else is there for all to see and the main difference is everyone is playing with much more enjoyment and ability to express themselves.

I dont need to argue though, my track record of being 100% right on everything over the past few years on here is all the proof I need. up to you if you wanna believe it or not

everytime I say something, reams of forumistas criticise me, and then a year or two down the line I'm proven right. Its funny. why dont any of you have my powers of foresight I could do with a sidekick.

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
alright rawney
its been scientifically proven that I'm not rawney. but you know this already - cos you're rawney.

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:49 AM
rebelcountyred

I have to admit i'm really impressed with this thread, no mention of roy being a pikey potato eater, very mature, for the record he is doing an ok job, we have very high expectations in cork.

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:50 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
I have to admit i'm really impressed with this thread, no mention of roy being a pikey potato eater, very mature, for the record he is doing an ok job, we have very high expectations in cork.
Somewhere at this moment Sniffers paddy alarm is going off.
Like a personal spidey sense.

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:53 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
Somewhere at this moment Sniffers paddy alarm is going off.
Like a personal spidey sense.
i have just thrown a big load of fish bait into a well known swim, i am expecting a record catch

Unread 18-02-2007, 02:57 AM
khmk

Just wind him up and watch him go.
Sad really.

Unread 18-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Grimson

Default Luffy

So since Keane left, everyone has suddenly got much better - except for O'Shea, because the psychological damage Keane did to him is permanent.

That's the argument?

Unread 18-02-2007, 04:24 AM
TreeFiddy

Luffy, you're talking absolute £#%&!ing shite. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Unread 18-02-2007, 04:33 AM
khmk

In that case Richardson should take down that Keane poster cos he's obviously still intimidating him.He's gone Kieron let your true self shine through!!

Unread 18-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Spiffy

Of course if you question the great Roy Keane you're a @#%&! who's anti-Irish and knows nothing.
Great midfielder with a fiery temper. I may know about as much as you lot in terms of football (which is little) but I myself am a manager and I can see Keane doing well in the good times but in the bad times I doubt he has the ability to inspire or turn it around.

I may well be proven wrong but just because a few of us don't subscirbe to the "Roy is God" theory doesn't automatically mean we are wrong.

Roy Keane is the one topic not open to debate on here, anyone else notice that?

Oh and Rebelcountyred, I'm surprised to see you trying to stir up shit.
Closed Thread