United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:17 PM
El Calafate

Thumbs down Ruud: Real are bigger than Utd

http://www.eurosport.com/football/la...o1088936.shtml

Ruud van Nistelrooy believes he is at a bigger club after leaving Manchester United for Real Madrid and rejecting Bayern Munich and Milan in the process, but his anger towards Sir Alex Ferguson has subsided.

The Dutch striker had a miserable end to his successful stay at Old Trafford and also fell out with international coach Marco van Basten, bringing the curtain down on his Holland career at the World Cup.

Yet van Nistelrooy has no regrets and is refusing to remain bitter about the breakdown of his relationship with Ferguson and van Basten.

"United were big but Real Madrid are on another level," he told World Soccer.

"I could have gone to Bayern Munich or Milan but it had to be Real.

"This club has a special allure - everything about it oozes elegance, style and pure class.

"There was a break-up in the relationship between two people," he said of the rift with Ferguson. "I exploded [at the Carling Cup final against Wigan] and began swearing at Ferguson because I felt he had kicked my soul.

"That was the moment things died and, after that, things would never be good, they could never be the same again.

"It was because our relationship through the years was so warm that this situation was so painful.

"Ultimately, the way things went says plenty about the football world. But, for me, that isn't a licence to treat people like that. These are considerations you make and, of course, I could have been calculated and thought - this is the way the football world is, I'll stay where I am and take the easy money without any hassles."

Van Nistelrooy is putting everything behind him but he did thank United number one Edwin van der Sar for speaking out on his behalf regarding the Dutch national team.

"In Spain, we see a lot of Manchester United games," he added. "The first time I watched them, I found myself thinking: 'There he is [Ferguson], that...'

"And that felt good. It was the same with Holland. But now I am at peace with it all and have no problem watching games. After the World Cup, I accepted what happened and moved on.

"Edwin is a good captain of the Holland team and a good person, and that makes me feel good. Nobody else [supported me] but it doesn't matter.

"I understand why. I react the way I do because I'm at an age where I have experience. Van der Sar is in the same position. He's 36, the captain, and in a position to do that but young players think to themselves: 'I want to play for the national team or for my club so I'll hold my tongue.'"

nft.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Fountz

Yep.. and the problem is ??

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Well, he's gonna have another season without a trophy at his oh so very huge club. Long faced slapped arse @#%&!.

scherben

The problem's El Cafe's tedium

armchair

KHITS Fergie!

Ether

He's hardly going to say he's at a smaller club is he? I do wish he'd stop talking about us though, it's getting a bit sad.

'Kicked my soul' is a winner though.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:21 PM
jem

because he got so much smaller.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:21 PM
dodger

United VS Madrid next round

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:23 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherben
The problem's El Cafe's tedium
scherben, your posts at best are ................... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nft.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

And to think people say the League Cup means nothing.

I like Ruud, and agree with him for what it's worth.

But only from his point of view.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Nope. Lille vs Madrid.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Nope. Lille vs Madrid.
You are a very special person Whalers.

El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Nope. Lille vs Madrid.
Nope. Lille vs Bayern. nft.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:25 PM
scherben

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
scherben, your posts at best are ................... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nft.
Arf arf

Takes a thief to catch one, eh?

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:27 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherben
Arf arf

Takes a thief to catch one, eh?
not really, just bored of your sniping. nft.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:

arf

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Bishovetz

If whaley ever gets gaylordish, then's the time to worry.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:30 PM
violater

ruud is a failure.....

in ruuds time at united we have been on top of the league for 2 months max.

i dont think madrid have topped la liga this season.

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Stoned Moses

Quote:
http://www.eurosport.com/football/la...o1088936.shtml

Ruud van Nistelrooy believes he is at a bigger club after leaving Manchester United for Real Madrid and rejecting Bayern Munich and Milan in the process, but his anger towards Sir Alex Ferguson has subsided.

The Dutch striker had a miserable end to his successful stay at Old Trafford and also fell out with international coach Marco van Basten, bringing the curtain down on his Holland career at the World Cup.

Yet van Nistelrooy has no regrets and is refusing to remain bitter about the breakdown of his relationship with Ferguson and van Basten.

"United were big but Real Madrid are on another level," he told World Soccer.

"I could have gone to Bayern Munich or Milan but it had to be Real.

"This club has a special allure - everything about it oozes elegance, style and pure class.

"There was a break-up in the relationship between two people," he said of the rift with Ferguson. "I exploded [at the Carling Cup final against Wigan] and began swearing at Ferguson because I felt he had kicked my soul.

"That was the moment things died and, after that, things would never be good, they could never be the same again.

"It was because our relationship through the years was so warm that this situation was so painful.

"Ultimately, the way things went says plenty about the football world. But, for me, that isn't a licence to treat people like that. These are considerations you make and, of course, I could have been calculated and thought - this is the way the football world is, I'll stay where I am and take the easy money without any hassles."

Van Nistelrooy is putting everything behind him but he did thank United number one Edwin van der Sar for speaking out on his behalf regarding the Dutch national team.

"In Spain, we see a lot of Manchester United games," he added. "The first time I watched them, I found myself thinking: 'There he is [Ferguson], that...'

"And that felt good. It was the same with Holland. But now I am at peace with it all and have no problem watching games. After the World Cup, I accepted what happened and moved on.

"Edwin is a good captain of the Holland team and a good person, and that makes me feel good. Nobody else [supported me] but it doesn't matter.

"I understand why. I react the way I do because I'm at an age where I have experience. Van der Sar is in the same position. He's 36, the captain, and in a position to do that but young players think to themselves: 'I want to play for the national team or for my club so I'll hold my tongue.'"

nft.
Real Madrid are a bigger club than United in almost every area. Stadium, History, the money they spend..... I belive they are also the all time no.1 club according to Fifa rankings.

They have a shite team at the minute though

Unread 16-02-2007, 02:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Quite possibly, but seeing as we haven't successfully navigated a Champions League knock out tie for 5 years (embarrassing).....& have an impotent goal threat in European away games, I'd say it's hardly a gimme that we'll put Lille out.
Apart from anything else, our 'in the hole' playmaker is used as a left wing back in Europe - with clearly explosive results
No reason to expect that to change on Tuesday night unfortunately.

Even if we got through I wouldn't fancy us against Madrid.
We (ie, the players & particuarly the manager) have a mental problem with the Champions League.
Closed Thread