United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:30 PM
violater

Default roy keanes sunderland...

will they be in the premiership next season?

looks liek keane is doing better than expected in his first season...

i thought he wasnt cut out for management. even though its too early to tell he seems to be doing well.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:33 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™

i thought he wasnt cut out for management. even though its too early to tell he seems to be doing well.
Yes he's doing very well but lets just wait and see as you say. Season is going exactly the same way as Dowie and Palace did from a couple of seasons ago.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™

Done a fine job, think he has lifted them about 17 places.

They were relegation bound when he took over, now they are 4 point of automatic promotion.

Credit where it is due.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Father Christmas

He'll have some success as a manager - on a Souness-type level. He's done a good job with Sunderland so far but he'll need to choose the right moment to move on before things turn pear-shaped.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
He'll have some success as a manager - on a Souness-type level. He's done a good job with Sunderland so far but he'll need to choose the right moment to move on before things turn pear-shaped.
The resident Keane-hater has spoken.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:43 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
i think he may come up but then his team will be like a blackburn type team lurking between 15th-18th

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Ether

Thick Mick is doing quite a good job at Wolves too. I don't think you can read too much into how managers perform in the championship to be honest. Same goes for players.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:50 PM
chorleyred

he has been allowed to bring in a lot of players and players wise it is a far better squad than thick mick had.

i'm not convinced that with the same squad that he had when he took over theyd be doing as well.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:52 PM
TreeFiddy

I would love him to manage United in the not too distant future.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
he has been allowed to bring in a lot of players and players wise it is a far better squad than thick mick had.

i'm not convinced that with the same squad that he had when he took over theyd be doing as well.
So it's your theory that better players will produce better results?

Crazy!

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Spiffy

Sunderland only came down last year, Keane has spent a lot of money (more than most in that league). They should go up but it wouldn't mean he is a super star manager. Let's see if when they come up his team perform as well as Paul Jewell's in his first year in the Prem or Coppell's.

If Mourinho get no credit for managing a winning team that's outspending their rivals, why should Keane? Oh that's right, because he's untouchable.

Let's wait and see before we all shoot our load eh? There's loads of managers who have done "reasonably well" which is all you can really desribe his management tenure as - so far.

Unread 17-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Quote:

Sadly it's allowed to buy players.

Unread 18-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If Mourinho get no credit for managing a winning team that's outspending their rivals, why should Keane? Oh that's right, because he's untouchable.

Let's wait and see before we all shoot our load eh? There's loads of managers who have done "reasonably well" which is all you can really desribe his management tenure as - so far.
I don't think anyone in this thread can be described as having "shot his load."

Unread 18-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Lazarus

early signs are very promising.

he looks the part more and more.

Unread 18-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
early signs are very promising.

he looks the part more and more.

A blind man can see he has something

Unread 18-02-2007, 12:07 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
So it's your theory that better players will produce better results?

Crazy!

point being you can't really judge a manager when it's in the championship and you've been given more money than any other championship sides and brought in 10+ new faces.

will he do as well as say coppell has in a tougher league with similar resources, it's far too soon to judge him as a manager

Unread 18-02-2007, 12:33 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Sunderland only came down last year, Keane has spent a lot of money (more than most in that league). They should go up but it wouldn't mean he is a super star manager. Let's see if when they come up his team perform as well as Paul Jewell's in his first year in the Prem or Coppell's.

Do you act the @#%&! on purpose at every opportunity? Credit where credit is due. West Ham have lots of money and still haven't been able to get themselves out the bottom. Maybe we should look at it as money well spent and good moves in the transfer market by Keane.

Unread 18-02-2007, 12:34 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
point being you can't really judge a manager when it's in the championship and you've been given more money than any other championship sides and brought in 10+ new faces.

will he do as well as say coppell has in a tougher league with similar resources, it's far too soon to judge him as a manager
FFS no one is judging him. People were just saying that Sunderland are looking good at the moment and Keane is doing well so far. You can't deny that.

Unread 18-02-2007, 12:45 AM
NinoyAquino

He's doing well. He looks £#%&!ed already though.

Unread 18-02-2007, 12:51 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
FFS no one is judging him. People were just saying that Sunderland are looking good at the moment and Keane is doing well so far. You can't deny that.

but with the players he's brought in, you'd expect him to do well in the championship with 25 to 30,000+ every home game.

yes he's winning, but I would say it should be expected given the circumstances.

I think he'll do ok as a manager, but i'm not sure how he will react given a run of defeats in the prem though and we'll certainly know more after a full season in the prem about keano's managerial capabilities
Closed Thread