United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2018, 03:58 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I get it, but the balance between the now and the future is always tricky. We need to start competing for the top trophies again, and we need to do it soon. By the end of this season it’ll be five years since we even made a decent showing let alone won it.
Sure, but if the front four is Martial and then three guys who have cost a fortune in Lukaku, Pogba and Sanchez then that balance has surely been reasonably addressed. Besides, I think Martial is at a level that could help a side challenge for the title.

Personally, I'd have loved to see Pogba, Lingard, Martial and Rashford get a shot as an attack. Perhaps last season was the time to try that, but for the Zlat experiment. Anyway, there's certainly great options in attack now - best we've had since '09 possibly.

Unread 24-01-2018, 06:08 AM
Kangared

Arsenal charge the highest season ticket price in the league, their cheapest being 350 quid dearer than Utd's , but wouldn't pay Alexis [& other players] wage demands & thats why they are in the hole they are in yet its us who cop the criticism . 9 other teams charge more than Utd.
I could understand the uproar if Utd passed this wage cost directly onto the supporters & we were far & away the most expensive team to watch but we are cheaper than Palace & Everton FFS

[quote=S/Side.Red;4873985]

Sure, but if the front four is Martial and then three guys who have cost a fortune in Lukaku, Pogba and Sanchez then that balance has surely been reasonably addressed.

Sanchez cost less than Martial. A direct swap for a player who cost around 26 million

Unread 24-01-2018, 08:00 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
nice of jesse to pop round

Unread 24-01-2018, 08:01 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Sanchez cost less than Martial. A direct swap for a player who cost around 26 million
£700k a week wages though

Unread 24-01-2018, 08:04 AM
puressence

someones highlighted us on the break with pog carrying the ball seriously could be a great bet in europe

Unread 24-01-2018, 08:12 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Is it 700 now

Sanchez be loving getting a 50 grand pay rise each week

Unread 24-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Zorg

Thumbs down

Quote:
£800k a week? Ffs. Disgusting that someone can get £900k a week just for playing football.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:07 AM
Clarkie

Not to change the subject or anything but, didn't Henry also give Bournmouth their team talk the day they beat Arsenal?

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Well we are also giving him and his agent £30m to do the deal and putting him on four times the wages of Martial.

But that wasn’t the point anyway. It was about shorter term or immediate impact signings versus developing talent. If both Martial and Rashford aren’t given a proper chance to progress then that will be disappointing. One of them is bad enough, but both would be a shame.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Clarkie

Really not sure how anyone can say Rashford has not been given chances to progress

106 appearances in less than 3 seasons for a lad who turned 20 years of age, 3 months ago......

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:16 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Well we are also giving him and his agent £30m to do the deal and putting him on four times the wages of Martial.
Where have you got £30m from?

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:19 AM
doudou

Quote:

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Really not sure how anyone can say Rashford has not been given chances to progress

106 appearances in less than 3 seasons for a lad who turned 20 years of age, 3 months ago......
For me he is a centre forward. And his best chance of progressing is playing there weekly, not just whenever Lukaku needs a rest. I’d be very tempted to loan him out for few months tbh.

Quote:
£20m to player and £10m to the agent has been the suggestion.

Given Mino Raiola has just bought Al Capone’s mansion in Miami with our commission fees I don’t really want to hear any %@#$&!s about it being made up

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
For me he is a centre forward. And his best chance of progressing is playing there weekly, not just whenever Lukaku needs a rest. I’d be very tempted to loan him out for few months tbh.

Given Mino Raiola has just bought Al Capone’s house in Miami with our commission month I don’t really want to hear any %@#$&!s about it being mDe up
Al capone’s house. how apt

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:25 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Al capone’s house. how apt
Gotta respect him tbh

Has just moved Mkhi to Arsenal and will no doubt use those freed up wages to boost his negotiations on Pogba’s deal too.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:26 AM
20 times

Quote:

Given Mino Raiola has just bought Al Capone’s mansion in Miami with our commission fees I don’t really want to hear any %@#$&!s about it being made up
Mino isn’t Sanchez’s agent so I’m not sure why his choice of mansion has anything to do with Sanchez tbh

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:28 AM
doudou

Quote:
Mino isn’t Sanchez’s agent so I’m not sure why his choice of mansion has anything to do with Sanchez tbh
He's Mki's agent

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He is evidence that United are happy to pay huge commission to agents to get deals done. So let’s not pretend reports of Sanchez’s agent getting £10m are ridiculous.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:33 AM
20 times

Quote:
He is evidence that United are happy to pay huge commission to agents to get deals done. So let’s not pretend reports of Sanchez’s agent getting £10m are ridiculous.
What about Sanchez being on 4 times what Martial earns? Pretty impressive knowledge knowing exactly what Tone and Sanchez earn tbf.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:36 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

We all know the answer to that pal...
Closed Thread