United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Mr_Ed

I’m coming to the conclusion that the only player he really wanted was Lukaku *based on no evidence whatsoever. Most of the others bought on his watch aren’t getting games big £#%&!ing lump is undroppable and is stinking the place out

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:13 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
We can persist and finish downwards of 6th potentially....(fairly likely imo)

or

make a change and take our chances on scraping 4th (not all that likely)

I think the best thing for us in the long term would be to utterly tank it this year tbh. May be the only way we'll see change at the top, or at the very least a change in vision. Im at peace with being garbage this season, as long as we turn up for the Liverpool games.
Agree with this - am actually hoping for a ‘hovering around the relegation zone’. I said at the start of the season that a 5th or 6th finish is likely- would see the end of mou thanfully but would put us in the europa. Need to properly £#%&! it up to shine spotlights and start afresh. A 15th finish

We’re in for an awfully long haul though because we have some truly abysmal players that need shipping out - Lukaku for example- needs to sold to a club like Sheffield United in January. Half the £#%&!ing squad need booting.

It’s got to the point where there is so much wrong, it’s difficult to make any sense of it.

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
"Take that you Italian @#%&!s, we beat Newcastle, Watford and Burnley. Yes....THE Burnley"

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Agree with this - am actually hoping for a ‘hovering around the relegation zone’. I said at the start of the season that a 5th or 6th finish is likely- would see the end of mou thanfully but would put us in the europa. Need to properly £#%&! it up to shine spotlights and start afresh. A 15th finish

We’re in for an awfully long haul though because we have some truly abysmal players that need shipping out - Lukaku for example- needs to sold to a club like Sheffield United in January. Half the £#%&!ing squad need booting.

It’s got to the point where there is so much wrong, it’s difficult to make any sense of it.
2 or 3 mid table finishes could see the gimps actually £#%&! off as the money will start to dry up and investment will be needed from them(no chance).
I hate Utd losing but I'd take that.

Lose the battle and win the war etc.

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
David Moyes: "Before the draw we knew it would be a fight with Valencia for the second place and that's what we're going to try."

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:45 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
2 or 3 mid table finishes could see the gimps actually £#%&! off as the money will start to dry up and investment will be needed from them(no chance).
I hate Utd losing but I'd take that.

Lose the battle and win the war etc.
The money isn’t ever going to dry up.

Are the New York Yankees any good? I’ve no idea and it doesn’t matter. They just are. United are always going to make lots and lots of dough irrespective of where we finish in the league.

I’d love the Glazers to £#%&! off too but teams are doing a lot better than us having spent much less money. Try summat else as this isn’t working. No biggie.

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:54 AM
S/Side.Red

What does Mourinho bring these days? Unfortunately it seems a United manager in the modern day has to put up with incompetence from above, but Mourinho is on a huge salary and has a massive reputation - what is he actually contributing at the moment?

The approach is woeful and embarrassing, and it isn't even effective. It leads to us getting minimal amounts from all our attacking players. The defensive and organisational side which is supposed to be a Mou hallmark has disappeared. We're easy to play against and easy to score against. He has done little for young players. And now the results have finally fallen away, which has been coming.

Our squad still needs work and the clowns above will always be a hindrance, but what is Mourinho bringing to the table?

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Red D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
I've blamed the players before and still feel they are culpable in part however, the fact of the matter is it is Mourhinos team selection and tactics that set the tone and all too many times it is negative.

Against the likes of Juventus,Chelsea and City i can see, to a point, the merit in staying solid and waiting for the game to open up But we do it against every opposition and it is just depressing.

The tactic might have worked when he first used it at Porto and the Chelsea but football has moved on and teams are more aggressive in their running, pressing, formations and ball movement and he looks out of his depth.

Giving him more money to spend on players is wrong - how many players under his management have improved ? None in fact they have all gone backwards - people talk about Luke Shaw improving but I still think he has some way to go yet before he gets anywhere near the level we need.

The mood around Old Trafford is depressing- the players aren't enjoying it, the manager looks uninterested and the fans are just getting to the point of acceptance of shit performances interspersed with the odd sporadic bright spark.

He needs to go - there are some good players in the squad they just need someone who can motivate them, get them playing fast paced attacking football and bring some joy back into the club
Shaw was a good player pre-Jose and he’s a good player now

Jose £#%&!ing him about for ages isn’t some managerial masterstroke imo.

Agree on not giving JM any more money. Pointless when he prefers Fergie and Moyes duds over his own big money signings

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:58 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
The money isn’t ever going to dry up.

Are the New York Yankees any good? I’ve no idea and it doesn’t matter. They just are. United are always going to make lots and lots of dough irrespective of where we finish in the league.

I’d love the Glazers to £#%&! off too but teams are doing a lot better than us having spent much less money. Try summat else as this isn’t working. No biggie.
Comparisons with the US sports market don't really work, the big difference with European club football is the Champions League, not only is it a shitload of extra cash in itself but there's the broader reach for sponsorship. It's the owners' number one priority nqat. It's also the berts' even though they're never getting their money back.

Not making it once isn't a disaster but three seasons in six is beginning to look like one.

Unread 24-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What does Mourinho bring these days? Unfortunately it seems a United manager in the modern day has to put up with incompetence from above, but Mourinho is on a huge salary and has a massive reputation - what is he actually contributing at the moment?

The approach is woeful and embarrassing, and it isn't even effective. It leads to us getting minimal amounts from all our attacking players. The defensive and organisational side which is supposed to be a Mou hallmark has disappeared. We're easy to play against and easy to score against. He has done little for young players. And now the results have finally fallen away, which has been coming.

Our squad still needs work and the clowns above will always be a hindrance, but what is Mourinho bringing to the table?
Emotions?

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:00 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

The square root of £#%&! all, he's a broken man or a washed up has been and should be £#%&!ed off post haste, his demeanour is suicidal, his purchases are all nothings and his tactics are worse. Nothing is right at utd.

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Emotions?

Where is Saffers anyway?

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Cream

I need players, but our players are great.

Quote:
“They had Gonzalo Higuaín, Mario Mandzukic, Dybala and want more. They want Cristiano Ronaldo. They had Andrea Barzagli, Giorgio Chiellini, Daniele Rugani – they are not happy, they want more, they want Leonardo Bonucci and they go for the best players in the world. So: big club with a big past but with also a big desire to have a big future.”

Asked if this was the kind of investment United required, Mourinho said. “To go to the Juventus level? Barcelona level? Real Madrid level? Manchester City level? How can you reach this level? Yes [by buying the best players]. It is not easy because many of the players they belong to these top teams, so we work with what we have and we try to improve with what we have.

“For example today – I saw the amazing Chiellini and amazing Bonucci but I have to say Chris Smalling and Victor Lindelöf had a very positive game [also at centre-back]. It is the first time Victor plays a game of this dimension and Victor had a positive game; Luke Shaw also in the Champions League at this level of match.
but seriously: I need £#%&!ing players.

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Seamus

I think Jose is hoisting up the white flag. He will walk soon, he got the fans on his side but he isnt going to make the glazers change their business plan where mediocrity is acceptable if we finish top 4. Woodward signed a cheque book manager and then shut the chequebook.

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Sapien

Quote:

Where is Saffers anyway?
Can't read his posts as I had to put him on ignore a while ago for being too irritating, but reading between the lines he's flounced because everyone here is a racist and not at all because he backed the wrong horse in the manner of a screaming brosette and now feels humiliated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I think Jose is hoisting up the white flag. He will walk soon, he got the fans on his side but he isnt going to make the glazers change their business plan where mediocrity is acceptable if we finish top 4. Woodward signed a cheque book manager and then shut the chequebook.
He won't walk. He'll wait for the payoff. If he was going to walk he'd have done so when Woodward publically kaiboshed his choice of prospective defensive signings.

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:14 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Spot on.

I've noticed he has a less dishevelled look about him of late. Maybe he's made a decision. Possible Mendes has a job lined up for him?

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Seamus

Quote:

He won't walk. He'll wait for the payoff. If he was going to walk he'd have done so when Woodward publically kaiboshed his choice of prospective defensive signings.
why would he wait for the pay off? back me or sack me. If he walks away he is saying that he cant working with the board and their lack of ambition and his stature grows with the fans like he is a martyr for their cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Spot on.

I've noticed he has a less dishevelled look about him of late. Maybe he's made a decision. Possible Mendes has a job lined up for him?
he is probably in '£#%&! it' mode of his break up with the club

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I need players, but our players are great.

but seriously: I need £#%&!ing players.
He's bought some players, he's not been able to get others. Just like every manager in world football.

And most of the players he's signed are as big of a problem as the ones he's kept around.

None of that stops you doing the basics or building a way of doing things.

We're not a few players short of something special. There is no approach. Or certainly not one I want to see unfold.

Again I must ask, what is the vision here? What is the realisation of Mourinhos work? A better functioning version of what we already are?

No ta.

And we're not getting it anyway.

People say you can't keep changing managers. Yes, you can. Real Madrid do it. Chelsea do it and they get along just fine..

Moyes deserved to go. LVG deserved to go and Jose deserves to go.

Unread 24-10-2018, 10:09 AM
puressence

Fulham’s new manager yhihf. Lives next door to it

Unread 24-10-2018, 10:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Can't read his posts as I had to put him on ignore a while ago for being too irritating, but reading between the lines he's flounced because everyone here is a racist and not at all because he backed the wrong horse in the manner of a screaming brosette and now feels humiliated.
I don't want to believe that
Closed Thread