United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Reply
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Throw
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
think that's the thing mate.

Free gaf = heaven (if you are or have kids)

but close second is at least a free room.

I have neither because of the in laws at present. At one point last night, 3 of them were standing infront of the tv. nattering pure compost.
Fuckin hell. When it starts to impact upon TV watching you need to say something.
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Lazlo Panaflex
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv


do you understand the language well?
Enough to know what they were talking about did not justify interrupting whatever I was watching. (tbh there is a major family emergency but I did not sign up for this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Fuckin hell. When it starts to impact upon TV watching you need to say something.
bro.

I made myself clear through a series of frustrated comments and a frown that would cancel a wedding.
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Jethro
 
Default

I've always put my missus to bed since we've lived together. Just a little chat to close out the day. She goes to bed around 10pm. If she's farting around I get visibly annoyed that she's eating into my time. I am sure she does it on purpose.
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 12:31 PM
silv
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I've always put my missus to bed since we've lived together. Just a little chat to close out the day. She goes to bed around 10pm. If she's farting around I get visibly annoyed that she's eating into my time. I am sure she does it on purpose.
I'm sure its perfectly normal, its just phrased a bit oddly there...
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 12:34 PM
Jethro
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I'm sure its perfectly normal, its just phrased a bit oddly there...
Yeah, I didn't quite know how to word it. My dog is the same. Wont settle unless I tuck him in. Weird twat.
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 12:38 PM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
think that's the thing mate.

Free gaf = heaven (if you are or have kids)

but close second is at least a free room.

I have neither because of the in laws at present. At one point last night, 3 of them were standing infront of the tv. nattering pure compost.


Always happens to me when in laws are here. Almost like it doesn’t count because they’re speaking Chinese. One on my left, the other on the right. Gassing away at high volume across me while I’m trying to catch the news.
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Jack Duckworth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
How much time do you get to yourself per day?

Obviously irrelevant if you're single.

I try to get at least 1 hr. Fuck off everyone. Usually means staying up too late to get it.

In a roundabout way this thread is an excuse to repeat that I FUCKING HATE GUESTS, especially in laws.
this. i genuinely need downtime for my mental health. as much as i love my gf and kids, i don't feel like i've relaxed if i come straight home from work to a houseful.

the gf is the worst, she just talks at me as soon as i walk through the door about what's happened at her work and i genuinely couldn't give a fuck. she rarely asks any questions about my day unless i make a sarcy comment. does my head in.

most days though i get an hour to myself after work before everyone comes home, then about the same again if i stay up after her, so not too bad i suppose.
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this. i genuinely need downtime for my mental health. as much as i love my gf and kids, i don't feel like i've relaxed if i come straight home from work to a houseful.

the gf is the worst, she just talks at me as soon as i walk through the door about what's happened at her work and i genuinely couldn't give a fuck. she rarely asks any questions about my day unless i make a sarcy comment. does my head in.

most days though i get an hour to myself after work before everyone comes home, then about the same again if i stay up after her, so not too bad i suppose.
Oh I shut that shit down real quick.

Nod, stare intently then just as she's getting into full flow:
'Booooorrring'
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Jack Duckworth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Oh I shut that shit down real quick.

Nod, stare intently then just as she's getting into full flow:
'Booooorrring'


i couldn't make it any clearer i'm not interested, but i think it's her way of dealing with stress, so i try and just get on with something while she's wittering. fucking draining though
 
Unread 19-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth


i couldn't make it any clearer i'm not interested, but i think it's her way of dealing with stress, so i try and just get on with something while she's wittering. fucking draining though
Get a pen and paper, scribble away, then hold it up to her face:

'your words are suffocating me'

Irk did something like that to me years ago.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Me Time
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PAID: Manchester United v Aston Villa Half Time/Full Time Sloppy Settled 0 10-12-2009 02:53 PM
PAID: West Brom v Manchester United Half Time/Full Time Sloppy Settled 0 26-01-2009 02:46 PM
PAID: Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United Half Time/Full Time Sloppy Settled 0 17-04-2008 11:07 PM
PAID: Manchester United v Aston Villa Half Time/Full Time Sloppy Settled 1 29-03-2008 07:25 PM
PAID: Sporting Lisbon v Manchester United Half Time/Full Time Sloppy Settled 3 19-09-2007 02:51 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:58 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.