United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-08-2019, 04:22 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I don't understand why he's engaging with people.

I suppose when you're that, er, gregarious, it's hard to switch off.
I think the biggest thing he’s always struggled with is his recognition as part of the class of 92 with regards to his celebrity once he finished playing. It’s like we all have to have a daily reminder from him that he’s mates with Becks, or he owns Salford with them all etc and when he’s not doing that he’s trying to convince us that he’s the topic of every football fans conversation.

I don’t mind him but he’s like one of them mates you have who you need to tell to shut up once in a while.

Unread 26-08-2019, 04:59 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Don't fret, the same study suggested that everyone on Fred lies 100% of the time.

Unread 26-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Vedder

Unread 26-08-2019, 09:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Believes his own hype way too much and what’s with this ‘cheating’ shit he comes out with? Absolute cringe the pair of them.
Takes his job extremely seriously which makes him a better pundit than the cliche merchants, but he’s hysterical at times. Especially when he can indulge himself in some sanctimonious moral indignation. Verged a bit on the unprofessional side with his Pogba criticism too.

Can see why Fergie said the Nevilles were the ones who got on everybody’s nerves.

Unread 26-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Buck

It's very weird how pundits are seen as a part of the game now as opposed to a bit of filler to pass the time. Managers being asked to comment on Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher's criticisms. No one asked Fergie what he thought of Barry Venison's opinions.

Unread 26-08-2019, 10:49 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
OK Elton High doesn't scream "middle class", but "head boy" does
Ahem, all my kids go there (or have been there) and I can confirm that we eat things like Bahlsen biscuits and kiwi fruit. Ie very middle class.

Quite a bit of intake from the outdoor slipper wearing micro chip loving Radcliffians I’m afraid.

Unread 27-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
No one asked Fergie what he thought of Barry Venison's opinions.
Maybe that’s where he went wrong

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Jack Duckworth

does he ever shut the £#%&! up? he seems to have an opinion on everything.

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
does he ever shut the £#%&! up? he seems to have an opinion on everything.
Sky Sports very own Riccers.

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:51 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Sky Sports very own Riccers.
definite similarities.

gary neville's got fingers in many pies, whilst riccers...

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:53 PM
Brucie

Unread 28-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Maybe that’s where he went wrong

Unread 28-08-2019, 12:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
It's just not how business works at that level. Years he's been thinking about it.

I trust he has a very good business manager.
It’s so easy to see how he was the most annoying @#%&! in the dressing room.

I wouldn’t even mind if he was completely honest, but he’s not. Everything that comes out of his mealy mouth is geared towards brand Nev. I once watched him tear Wenger and his Arsenal team apart for 20 minutes; basically a withering assessment of the last decade, then say he shouldn’t be fired, because one thing we know about ‘brand Nev’ is that it doesn’t call for manager’s heads. Same with Moyes.

Just £#%&! off. Stam was right.

Unread 04-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Vedder

Unread 04-09-2019, 11:38 AM
believe

Our Owen.

Unread 04-09-2019, 12:17 PM
utd99

Collymore is a poor mans Merson.

Unread 04-09-2019, 12:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Watched the first 15 minutes and I’ve got to admit I think he’s pretty much bang in the money tbh.

He’ll never call out the owners as long as he’s involved with Salford because he knows at some point he’ll ask United for a few favours, whether it’s through loan deals or some sort of parent/feeder club scenario.

Collymore also hit the nail on the head with questioning our structure compared to the likes of Bayern, Barca, Juve, Ajax etc.

Unread 04-09-2019, 12:31 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Watched the first 15 minutes and I’ve got to admit I think he’s pretty much bang in the money tbh.

He’ll never call out the owners as long as he’s involved with Salford because he knows at some point he’ll ask United for a few favours, whether it’s through loan deals or some sort of parent/feeder club scenario.

Collymore also hit the nail on the head with questioning our structure compared to the likes of Bayern, Barca, Juve, Ajax etc.
What?

Unread 04-09-2019, 02:54 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Salford as a feeder club for us?

Are you drunk?

Unread 04-09-2019, 03:33 PM
AK14

If Salford steady themselves in the football league over the next few years then I don’t think it’s crazy to think Neville could look to loan in a few United academy players?

Or am I missing something?
Closed Thread