Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Never got that Darmian hate tbh.

Don't think he is that bad.
He's just totally forgettable. One of the most boring players to wear the shirt.

Unread 30-08-2019, 04:33 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
How are we so bad at selling ffs? Liverpool get £20m for reserve players.
Because nobody will pay a transfer fee and then pay his big wages.

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:01 PM
utd99

We could have had a whip round and bought him to do the midnight mod shift.

That reminds me...subs.

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:08 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We could have had a whip round and bought him to do the midnight mod shift.

That reminds me...subs.
here ya go

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/payments.php

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Cream

Wage billtastic summer.

But yeah, £#%&! all these shit@#%&!s off. It will be marvellous for morale. Fans and players alike.

I hope Lingard is having fevered dreams. Texting Phil Jones in the wee hrs.

‘You still awake?’

‘Yeah, you?’

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:19 PM
92ToBury

Decent defender but offered little going forward. Put in a decent shift in the Europa League final. Good luck to him, probably homesick after not getting enough games.

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Wage billtastic summer.

But yeah, £#%&! all these shit@#%&!s off. It will be marvellous for morale. Fans and players alike.

‘You still awake?’

‘Yeah, you?’

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Wage billtastic summer.

‘You still awake?’

‘Yeah, you?’

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:30 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
We payed that for Bryan Robson back God knows when
£1.5 million

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
1m?!

Didn’t we extend his contract in hope we got a decent transfer fee for him and I’m sure we rejected 10m last summer from inter?

Not a chance in hell woodward sells darmian for such a low fee with mourinho as manager. Another sign ole and his plans are making an impression.

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Not a chance in hell woodward sells darmian for such a low fee with mourinho as manager. Another sign ole and his plans are making an impression.
Yep. Feel like Ole has come in, taken one look at the players and the contracts they’re on, and told Woody that the entire recruitment/retainment strategy for the past few years has been an absolute disaster. And the only way to fix it as quickly as possible is to take some drastic action.

He’s just a yes man though apparently.

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
He’s selling him now because he’s out of contract next summer. Don’t think it matters who the manager is tbh.

He tried playing hard ball last summer demanding 15m () when clubs were offering 10m.

Just more evidence of how poorly we’ve been run over the last few years.

Unread 30-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Sparky***

paying astronomical wages to dogshit squad players was always going to make it hard to shift them.

Unread 30-08-2019, 07:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Never got that Darmian hate tbh.

Don't think he is that bad.
He's not offensively bad tbh, more like mediocre nothingness personified

Unread 30-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He’s selling him now because he’s out of contract next summer. Don’t think it matters who the manager is tbh.
Club strategy would normally have been to give him a new contract. It’s just another sign of a change in strategy around players, and I think it’s fair to say it’s because of ole and woodward buying into his ideas.

Unread 30-08-2019, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He's just totally forgettable. One of the most boring players to wear the shirt.
Though not as much so as Schneiderlin, who I am willing to bet *you* had forgotten about until this post

Unread 30-08-2019, 07:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Club strategy would normally have been to give him a new contract. It’s just another sign of a change in strategy around players, and I think it’s fair to say it’s because of ole and woodward buying into his ideas.

Nah, no way he’d have signed an extension pal, he’s played twice? In the last year and knows full well he’s done, so we’ve taken anything we could get for him. If Mourinho was manager this summer we’d still be selling Darmian for peanuts.

Playing hardball the way Woodward did last summer shows how poorly we’re run and how badly we need a restructure above the manager.

I’m all for believing Ole is wielding the axe etc and the owners and Woodward have seen light and changed the way they do things, but the reality is the club are reducing the wage bill because we missed out on CL football.

Unread 30-08-2019, 07:50 PM
silv

Quote:
Nah, no way he’d have signed an extension pal, he’s played twice? In the last year and knows full well he’s done, so we’ve taken anything we could get for him. If Mourinho was manager this summer we’d still be selling Darmian for peanuts.

Playing hardball the way Woodward did last summer shows how poorly we’re run and how badly we need a restructure above the manager.

I’m all for believing Ole is wielding the axe etc and the owners and Woodward have seen light and changed the way they do things, but the reality is the club are reducing the wage bill because we missed out on CL football.
And only selling the players when we don’t have to buy new ones

I’ll give Ole some credit for not being a yes man when he signs some

Unread 30-08-2019, 07:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
And only selling the players when we don’t have to buy new ones

I’ll give Ole some credit for not being a yes man when he signs some
I don’t think he’s a yes man tbh

I just don’t believe that Woodward and the glazers are buying into his project like Jammy does. Hope I’m wrong, but it’ll take more than selling a few duds to make me believe it.

Unread 30-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:

Yep, if Woodward had seen the light he would have signed more players in the summer
Closed Thread