United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2020, 10:53 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
They’re not £#%&!ing around are they? Minimal fuss, getting it done. Everything we do is a 12 part mini-series. That said, they haven’t done anything about that defence yet, and it’s fairly poor.

They must play more FootyManager20 than Ole does.
I'd take both the full backs over ours.

Unread 20-07-2020, 10:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
'Look, there's a jar of Sanchez at the back, what's the sell by date..?'
"Phil Jones? I thought we sold him three years ago"

Unread 20-07-2020, 10:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I'd take both the full backs over ours.
Alonso? £#%&! off

Unread 20-07-2020, 10:57 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Need another midfielder capable of passing and controlling a football under any sort of pressure with at least the desire to pass the ball forward, but preferably an actual ability to do so, as well.

Chelsea have or are adding 3 attacking players to their team and some people think our 4 attacking players is enough our midfield options have been and are f***ing dire.
Yeah. We should really try and go for Neves, think he’s key. Wouldn’t mind Rice here but think he’s still a bit raw and I imagine his price tag is twice what it should be, playing for England and everything

Neves first - great vision, lovely bit of snide about him, scores a mean goal, really good at the basics too (which is key - Pogba can pull off some of the most wonderful passes and passages of play but he sucks at ticking things over). Imagine neves with Pogba and Fernandes ahead of him

Midfield and right forward would be my immediate priorities. Closely followed by a CB and possibly a LB. I think I’m happy to give AWB another year up the right. He’s young and it does take time for some players. He’s had a bizarre first season here, another break and some decent additions to the squad and he could be really good for us next season.

Unread 20-07-2020, 10:59 AM
dunk

I think the last 2 games have given a decent indication as to how much we miss Shaw tbh, and how well he's been playing. Far from perfect, but we've offered £#%&! all down the left without him. Conceded down that side without him too.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:01 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yeah. We should really try and go for Neves, think he’s key. Wouldn’t mind Rice here but think he’s still a bit raw and I imagine his price tag is twice what it should be, playing for England and everything

Neves first - great vision, lovely bit of snide about him, scores a mean goal, really good at the basics too (which is key - Pogba can pull off some of the most wonderful passes and passages of play but he sucks at ticking things over). Imagine neves with Pogba and Fernandes ahead of him

Midfield and right forward would be my immediate priorities. Closely followed by a CB and possibly a LB. I think I’m happy to give AWB another year up the right. He’s young and it does take time for some players. He’s had a bizarre first season here, another break and some decent additions to the squad and he could be really good for us next season.
It looks a lot like Palace have robbed us blind. Maybe he'll suddenly get good at football though. Stranger things must have happened.

Quote:
I think the last 2 games have given a decent indication as to how much we miss Shaw tbh, and how well he's been playing. Far from perfect, but we've offered £#%&! all down the left without him. Conceded down that side without him too.
I'm going to assume this is a WUM.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:02 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
I think the last 2 games have given a decent indication as to how much we miss Shaw tbh, and how well he's been playing. Far from perfect, but we've offered f*** all down the left without him. Conceded down that side without him too.
No real beef with Shaw here, I’ve just come to accept even if he does become a top player he’s gonna have months out of a season so would really like more options.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
It looks a lot like Palace have robbed us blind. Maybe he'll suddenly get good at football though. Stranger things must have happened.

I'm going to assume this is a WUM.
Wouldn't expect you to understand tbf.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:08 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Wouldn't expect you to understand tbf.
What have we been missing? His clever interplay? His unnering crossing? His intelligent positioning and stout tackling?

Considering his replacements have been a right back who hasn't played for us for 4 years and a concussed 19 year old who wasn't even full back - please, enlighten me on what that fat pointless blob brings to the table.

Apart from seconds and thirds.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:12 AM
AK14

Quote:
What have we been missing? His clever interplay? His unnering crossing? His intelligent positioning and stout tackling?

Considering his replacements have been a right back who hasn't played for us for 4 years and a concussed 19 year old who wasn't even full back - please, enlighten me on what that fat pointless blob brings to the table.

New to dunk?

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:13 AM
dunk

Quote:

Yes, and to an extent. He's had a decent little understanding growing with Rashford down the left and has been getting in behind more and more, his delivery hasn't been great, but it's pressure building and leads to opportunities. He's been mies better defensively than anyone gives him credit for. Still switches off on occasion, but is solid 1v1 and gets up and down.

I'm not saying we couldn't improve, but it's clear he's well worth his place out of the current squad and is much, much better than £#%&!ing Alonso.

With Williams coming through, LB is far from the most pressing position to strengthen.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:15 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Yes, and to an extent. He's had a decent little understanding growing with Rashford down the left and has been getting in behind more and more, his delivery hasn't been great, but it's pressure building and leads to opportunities. He's been mies better defensively than anyone gives him credit for. Still switches off on occasion, but is solid 1v1 and gets up and down.

I'm not saying we couldn't improve, but it's clear he's well worth his place out of the current squad and is much, much better than £#%&!ing Alonso.
1 goal.
1 assist.

There's your decent little understanding with Rashford.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
1 goal.
1 assist.

There's your decent little understanding with Rashford.
As I said, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:28 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
As I said, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
Help me understand.

Tell me how 1 goal and 1 assist from 33 games in a supposedly attacking team from a full back entering his prime is an acceptable output.

It's not even like he's some metronomic defender either. He's just there, jogging 10 yards behind play and passing it backwards. Calling it in.

And you're an enabler. Shaw needs an intervention.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:36 AM
pedr0

AWB is more of an issue than shaw for me. he's been 'targeted' as a weak link by the opposition in different ways in the last two games.

palace basically let him have as much of the ball as he liked, safe in the knowledge he'd do f all with it.

chelsea pressed him relentlessly yesterday, and he gave away possession almost every time.

it's a bit worrying. i know he's young but he's basically scared of the ball. its hard to see how he will improve that sufficiently.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:38 AM
utd99

Quote:
Help me understand.

Tell me how 1 goal and 1 assist from 33 games in a supposedly attacking team from a full back entering his prime is an acceptable output.

It's not even like he's some metronomic defender either. He's just there, jogging 10 yards behind play and passing it backwards. Calling it in.

It’s not.

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Help me understand.

It's not, but that isn't the total of his output and influence on the game. Evra did £#%&! all in terms of assists and goals for years, one of the worst crossers of the ball I've ever seen, doesn't mean he wasn't contributing. There is more to it. Judging fullbacks on goals and assists is very nu football

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:34 PM
Coracao

Shaw is bang average.

If we didn't have so many other weaknesses, two new fullbacks would be a priority.

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:37 PM
Patty_b

Anyway, Jadon Sancho...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...n-utd-22379875

Quote:
Dortmund ideally want £120m for Sancho, they have made it clear they will not take less than £100m but United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has insisted their spending will be greatly impacted by the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Get the feeling that if we get Sancho, the other improvements we need will have to wait another year.

Oh well, maybe Chong will have a breakout season and challenge for the first team...

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Anyway, Jadon Sancho...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...n-utd-22379875

Get the feeling that if we get Sancho, the other improvements we need will have to wait another year.

Oh well, maybe Chong will have a breakout season and challenge for the first team...
Setting the scene for a summer of £#%&! all it seems..
Closed Thread