Unread 04-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Oxlade is rubbish
Bet he'll be awesome for the vermin

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:22 PM
TheFatGoth

Was just about to say it would secretly be great if a Spurs player scored on their own turf.

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Does anyone actively enjoy international football? It's so profoundly depressing. Is it just England?
Think it's just England tbh. Other nations never seem to have so much apathy probably because a) their players are more relatable and b) their national team trumps their club football unlike here with the Premier League.

Obviously the fact that England get piss easy groups and get beat by the first half-decent side they face in a tournament is boring. International football is much more entertaining for an Irish fella for example whose team has to face top teams just to qualify. There's a challenge in that.

Plus Wembley is crap. It felt like more people were interested during those years when England played their games around the country.

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Had dele ali ever had a good game for england? I honestly don't think i've ever seen him have a decent game yet he gets picked every time.
Curse-tastic lol

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:31 PM
dunk

That was a foul by Walker. Lucky blue @#%&!.

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Curse-tastic lol
what's he done?

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Switching Off

Walker with a blatant professional foul and the commentators ignore it

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

What a shambles England were for most of that half

Sometimes I forget just how many not that good footballers England have

Walker 50 mill and "the Ox" 40 mill
Both of them utterly brain dead as footballers

Henderson and Dier is as bang average a midfield as your going to get at international football
Thank £#%&! we didn't get Dier. Moves like Frankenstein in that midfield

Sorry I still don't see it with Ali
Yeah he gets goals for Spurs arriving late into the box but as a number 10 he's absolutely shite
Dwells on the ball and then gives it away

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:37 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
what's he done?
Scored

edit - 4 letters begins with D

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Scored
Dier scored mate.

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Henderson and Dier is as bang average a midfield as your going to get at international football

Yeah he gets goals for Spurs arriving late into the box but as a number 10 he's absolutely shite
The england team of the last 5 years has honestly been the worst england time i have seen. And i include Graham Taylor's England team in that. Better england teams haven't qualified for tournaments, how this utter shower keeps qualifying for major tournaments is beyond me.

England for the past 40 odd years has never had the best team out there but £#%&!ing hell they at least had several decent players in the past. This lot are just bang average, all of them. They all look miles better than what they are surrounded by foreign players in the premier league, when in reality they aren't up to much.

I have no idea what England are doing in regards to developing footballers because we seem to be getting worse at it.

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Quote:
The england team of the last 5 years has honestly been the worst england time i have seen. And i include Graham Taylor's England team in that. Better england teams haven't qualified for tournaments, how this utter shower keeps qualifying for major tournaments is beyond me.

England for the past 40 odd years has never had the best team out there but £#%&!ing hell they at least had several decent players in the past. This lot are just bang average, all of them. They all look miles better than what they are surrounded by foreign players in the premier league, when in reality they aren't up to much.

I have no idea what England are doing in regards to developing footballers because we seem to be getting worse at it.
Tbf it derives from the same mentality that sees coaches who actually try to implement modern tactics and coaching derided as arrogant or psuedo footballing intellects. English football sneers at tactical detail ("it's a simple game ffs") and then wonders why its players are braindead.

Unread 04-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Red Al

Rashers

Mr_Ed

So many players taking the wrong option... who coaches these £#%&!ers?

Great goal Rashers

Vedder

Marcus

Harri Jaffa

Quite like the look of this Rashford kid

Unread 04-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Switching Off

Lovely

atticusgrinch

The Rash

I'd retire from international football now if I was him.

ZiggyStardust

What a player

Unread 04-09-2017, 09:03 PM
vanpalm87

The state of English press/commentary.

An attacker loses the ball for a goal. Aye he is shite.

Sets up 1 then scores. Aye he is great.

Arseholes.
Closed Thread