United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The way José and his team treat training and injuries is a breath of fresh air. Even back to Fergie who was still very much old school 'can you patch him up to play' and it's been something we've been almost pre historic with for so so long. The amount of time players have been out due to compensation injuries, players braking down within weeks of 'returning' has been a joke for years.
Allowing a player the proper time to recover with a full rehab is essential, also how the players train in general. Haven't seen the exact figures but it wouldn't surprise me if this season sees our best stats or thereabouts in a decade. It is because of shit like this certain players have never developed properly due to not being fit enough during their formative years. I have faith in Jones and if the next 12 months can be done without any major issues you will see a rapid and massive improvement in his game. His level of natural skill and defensive instincts are so so underrated.
It does feel as though the injury record is clearing up under José. Like I say, I like Jones. Good 'natural defender'. Looks clumsier than he is because of his big belmy face, but I just can't see him recovering and staying injury free consistently enough to be trusted. I hope you're right though. Seems like a good lad.

Unread 10-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Finport Red

Having a haircut like Sheena Easton's in the 80s doesn't help him one bit.

Unread 10-03-2017, 12:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Jones is a big belming butterface. Smalling has the ball skills of the non-league player he really is. I'm sure Jose will bin both these abominations off come the summer. Buy a proper centre back like Manolas and promote Tuanzebe. Hopefully Wenger stays on and buys one or both for substantial fees, the silly old goat.

Job done.

Unread 10-03-2017, 06:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i blame smalling for the goal last night
Genuinely shocked

You have a point here, tbf ;-)

Unread 10-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Having a haircut like Sheena Easton's in the 80s doesn't help him one bit.
Oh the aesthetics are disgraceful.

Unread 10-03-2017, 06:33 PM
LFOD

we have one good cb and 3 others that should truly all be 4th choice at a big club. they all come with flaws big enough to see at least one shifted in the summer. jones shouldn't be first choice nor mike or the argie.

Unread 12-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Sparky***

Another wonderful contribution from wreck it Ralph.... crocking our only available senior striker

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Another wonderful contribution from wreck it Ralph.... crocking our only available senior striker
I can only imagine him in training....

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:20 AM
suedeshoes

Play him up front tonight

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Honestly think he should be congratulated in this instance.

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:35 AM
My Name is Keith

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:54 AM
sa7

Ol' Friendly Fire does it again

Unread 19-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Jethro

Excellent again. Corner turned?

Unread 19-08-2017, 06:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
and no corners taken thank £#%&!

Unread 19-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Hopefully, could see a proper partnership developing between him and Bailly. Having Matic there too. His quality has never been in doubt imo, just whether or not we could get him and keep him fit after years of being £#%&!ed about. Still pretty young too.

Unread 19-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Cream

Quote:
Would break his ankle.

Unread 19-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Our best defender after Bailly. £#%&!ed about a lot in terms of position and injuries. If José's knack of managing injured players properly continues he could quite easily turn round what looked like a lost cause. Easy target though to some of the brain dead types, you know they type that were still calling Valencia a 'coward' in October.

Bailly/Jonah partnership will blossom nqat.
Superb post, whoever you are.

Unread 20-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Denis Irwell

"If Jose's knack of managing injured players continues" it will be a huge step forward, in light of injury crisis every year for the previous half dozen years or so..... equivalent of an extra couple of players in the squad

Unread 20-08-2017, 05:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

So sparky has got it massively wrong again - look at the shock on my face

Unread 20-08-2017, 11:22 AM
redhegemony

Jones does some things very well - the way he shielded the player away from the ball when the quite dangerous low cross came in but the two headers were disappointing. Should have buried the chance he had and the way a not great centre forward found space between him and Bailly was worrying.
Closed Thread