United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2017, 06:37 AM
no fun

Someone on here once described jones as playing football like " an over excited Doberman puppy"

Very apt

Now it's time to have him put down

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:03 AM
Tumescent Throb

i blame smalling for the goal last night

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:05 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Am i on ignore? Just checking...

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:09 AM
My Name is Keith

Tried to get the name 'Lenny' from Mice & Men associated with this braindead lump for sometime now but have had only limited success*

If I had the time and inclination, I would drag up the posts from the supposed footballing intelligensia on here challenging me when I suggested ferguson left his successors a poor squad (by our standards) citing smalling and jones as a demonstration of that quality.

The number of injuries he suffers are directly related to his clumsy defending as he desperately lunges to make up for his mistakes.

An absolute liability of a player. Should work on a farm.

* none.

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:24 AM
Tumescent Throb

the reality is that jones began pretty impressively at united, defending well and actually looked as if he could become a top player, bringing the ball out from the back, joining in through midfield and even getting past the strikers...

then he started getting caught out and lunging into anyone near him in blind panic.

he's completely £#%&!ed himself up now, but to say the potential was never there is very silly. shame for the lad, but hey ho...

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Am i on ignore? Just checking...
Confirmed

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:30 AM
Crumps

Our best defender after Bailly. £#%&!ed about a lot in terms of position and injuries. If José's knack of managing injured players properly continues he could quite easily turn round what looked like a lost cause. Easy target though to some of the brain dead types, you know they type that were still calling Valencia a 'coward' in October.

Bailly/Jonah partnership will blossom nqat.

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:50 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
sokratis?
Do you swear by him?

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:54 AM
My Name is Keith

So ignoring the misplaced passing, lunges, numerous mistakes each game and we're the brain dead? Right oh.

If you called it right at the start it was because you were brain dead and if you called it wrong, you were simply assessing the magnificent potential he had.

Only on Fred.

Unread 10-03-2017, 08:05 AM
jem

Quote:
no.

really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Do you swear by him?
like an ignorant doctor. I wouldn't know the differdnce between a pedagogue and a pegger dog.

Unread 10-03-2017, 08:10 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no.

really?

like an ignorant doctor. I wouldn't know the differdnce between a pedagogue and a pegger dog.
Ive heard hes a disprutive influence in the dressing room. Questions everything the manager says apparently

Unread 10-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So ignoring the misplaced passing, lunges, numerous mistakes each game and we're the brain dead? Right oh.

If you called it right at the start it was because you were brain dead and if you called it wrong, you were simply assessing the magnificent potential he had.

Only on Fred.
shouldn't you be putting your cd's in alphabetical order or something

Unread 10-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Only on Fred.
Stay in your lane bitch.

Unread 10-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
shouldn't you be putting your cd's in alphabetical order or something
CDs

Unread 10-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
CDs
ocd's

Unread 10-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
ocd's
Yeah you know me.

Unread 10-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Our best defender after Bailly. £#%&!ed about a lot in terms of position and injuries. If José's knack of managing injured players properly continues he could quite easily turn round what looked like a lost cause. Easy target though to some of the brain dead types, you know they type that were still calling Valencia a 'coward' in October.

Bailly/Jonah partnership will blossom nqat.
He probably is our best after Bailly, but that's more a reflection of our lack of quality back there. The fact Bailly is 22, has his flaws, hasn't even been here one full season and is already our best CB also reflects this.

I don't mind Jones as a player, it's more the injuries for me. It just destroys any momentum he gets and he has to start all over again. He can't be relied upon to stay fit. This season is a good example: best run of fitness for a while. Looks a better player for it. Like he might form a partnership. Then out again. New partnership needed. Comes back, looks dodgy again and back round the cycle we go.

We've been doing this for six years. There's a player there, but I don't think we'll ever see it properly. I'd cut our losses in the summer.

Unread 10-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He probably is our best after Bailly, but that's more a reflection of our lack of quality back there. The fact Bailly is 22, has his flaws, hasn't even been here one full season and is already our best CB also reflects this.

I don't mind Jones as a player, it's more the injuries for me. It just destroys any momentum he gets and he has to start all over again. He can't be relied upon to stay fit. This season is a good example: best run of fitness for a while. Looks a better player for it. Like he might form a partnership. Then out again. New partnership needed. Comes back, looks dodgy again and back round the cycle we go.

We've been doing this for six years. There's a player there, but I don't think we'll ever see it properly. I'd cut our losses in the summer.
The way José and his team treat training and injuries is a breath of fresh air. Even back to Fergie who was still very much old school 'can you patch him up to play' and it's been something we've been almost pre historic with for so so long. The amount of time players have been out due to compensation injuries, players braking down within weeks of 'returning' has been a joke for years.
Allowing a player the proper time to recover with a full rehab is essential, also how the players train in general. Haven't seen the exact figures but it wouldn't surprise me if this season sees our best stats or thereabouts in a decade. It is because of shit like this certain players have never developed properly due to not being fit enough during their formative years. I have faith in Jones and if the next 12 months can be done without any major issues you will see a rapid and massive improvement in his game. His level of natural skill and defensive instincts are so so underrated.

Unread 10-03-2017, 11:17 AM
magic_cantona

There's a calamity just waiting to happen every moment he's on the pitch. Rojos better at Centre back. Bailly and another Bailly type of defender please (nothing racist).

Unread 10-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He didn't, watch it again, he got nowhere near him, he put his foot out in the way of any shot, as he should, and the Bournemouth lad turned back and fell into him, proper conned the ref. Clever.
Oh come off it.

He went to ground that early he had time to set up a camping chair before the contact was made.
Closed Thread