United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2019, 06:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He manages to find himself in great positions a lot which is why managers like him. Because that space between the opposition midfield and defence is compact - it's hard to slip away from a marker. So for him to constantly have room in that space is impressive. But the problem is he's got no idea what to do when the ball gets to him. He's got no 1v1 ability or creative passing to make use of the space he makes.
Yeah the initial quality was arriving at the right time. For a while it looked he could be a decent goal-scorer; got 13 in Mou’s second season. But always patchy. Don’t think he will be going anywhere before his 30s tbh but he’s becoming less effective in attack the more of a fixture in the team he becomes.

Unread 20-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

We all know lingard and various others will be replaced over the next few seasons, assuming ole keeps his job. No point getting worked up about it in the meantime.

Unread 20-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We all know lingard and various others will be replaced over the next few seasons, assuming ole keeps his job. No point getting worked up about it in the meantime.
Well there is because a good young player is not getting an opportunity to show his worth (or not) because of Lingard and Mata

Unread 20-08-2019, 09:13 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I have defended him often but I would rather play mata in there now on. Mata at least can make a pass that breaks open a team. Lingard just runs
They are as bad as each other. They just offer different things.
Not buying an attacking midfielder and a right sided player (James isn't ready yet) is going to be a big problem for us.
I would rather play pogba further forward

Unread 20-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Well there is because a good young player is not getting an opportunity to show his worth (or not) because of Lingard and Mata
He’d be in ahead of them if ole thought it for the best, and will get his chance at some point during the season if it’s warranted. As it is, we have a young team and a few young, inexperienced players on the bench. He probably doesn’t want too many all at once.

Unread 24-08-2019, 12:16 AM
waynes ear's

No matter what reddit say, he’s £#%&!ing turd. And file dunk there as well. Pumpkin #@&%!

Love to smash £#%&! out of both

Unread 24-08-2019, 12:21 AM
Brucie

Jesus £#%&!ing Christ!!

He is shit! Get over it!
Your little bitch stone Mata has been more effective than Lingard.
Adam Johnson has more assists and goals than your little friend Lingard, despite been in prison for 4 years.

He's a turd! Deal with it it!
You don't have Mourinho now to blame but a legend and a homegrown player to blame
Difficult I know but sorry, he's appalling

Unread 24-08-2019, 12:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Jesus £#%&!ing Christ!!

He is shit! Get over it!
Adam Johnson has more assists and goals than your little friend Lingard, despite been in prison for 4 years.

You don't have Mourinho now to blame but a legend and a homegrown player to blame
I reckon that is deffo a bite

Unread 24-08-2019, 12:29 AM
AK14

Quote:
Jesus £#%&!ing Christ!!

He is shit! Get over it!

That escalated quickly etc..

Unread 24-08-2019, 12:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
No matter what reddit say, he’s £#%&!ing turd. And file dunk there as well. Pumpkin #@&%!

Love to smash £#%&! out of both
As is that

Unread 24-08-2019, 12:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I reckon that is deffo a bite

You’re going to need a bigger boat I reckon..

Unread 24-08-2019, 12:42 AM
utd99

Should forward that reddit link to the ballon d’or people. Lingz and Welbz battling it out.

Unread 24-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Red Santos

should be nothing more than a player to come off the bench/fringe player

Unfortunately atm we dont enough quality in the central midfield area so Ole is having to start him

Unread 24-08-2019, 11:12 AM
S/Side.Red

It's actually a fair point. Whether he's good enough to start for us with our ambitions every week is another matter, but people suggest he doesn't contribute anything despite that clearly not being the case. Typical of the manic depressive analysis of football which has to side with an extreme, so either you're £#%&!ing amazing (Wan Bissaka after two games, Gomes after a friendly) or you're thoroughly useless (Lingard, now Mata). It's very childish and usually completely pre-determined.

Unread 24-08-2019, 11:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's actually a fair point. Whether he's good enough to start for us with our ambitions every week is another matter, but people suggest he doesn't contribute anything despite that clearly not being the case. Typical of the manic depressive analysis of football which has to side with an extreme, so either you're £#%&!ing amazing (Wan Bissaka after two games, Gomes after a friendly) or you're thoroughly useless (Lingard, now Mata). It's very childish and usually completely pre-determined.
No fair points allowed

He's shit and should be nowhere near the club. No other thoughts, opinions or observations allowed.

Same for Shaw.

Unread 24-08-2019, 11:21 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
No fair points allowed

He's shit and should be nowhere near the club. No other thoughts, opinions or observations allowed.

Same for Shaw.
Agreed.

Unread 24-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Brucie

Quote:
No fair points allowed

Same for Shaw.
The guy plays as a number 10 and has less goals and assists than someone who has been in prison for 4 years.

Fair point or not, that is not something I expect from a Manchester United player. That is not the standard I expect

Just like you with other players

Unread 24-08-2019, 11:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No fair points allowed

Same for Shaw.
Shaw's an interesting one isn't he. I think most rate him but the ones who don't really hate him

Unread 24-08-2019, 11:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
The guy plays as a number 10 and has less goals and assists than someone who has been in prison for 4 years.

Fair point or not, that is not something I expect from a Manchester United player. That is not the standard I expect

Just like you with other players
He shouldn't be in the team, he should've been upgraded, nqat, but he's a useful player to have. Sadly doesn't have the required quality to be first pick in that role though. Doesn't mean he doesn't contribute. I'd struggle to pick anyone over him regularly of the current squad tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Shaw's an interesting one isn't he. I think most rate him but the ones who don't really hate him
It's definitely personal with him and Lingard tbh. Neither cause us half the problems others that are lauded/hero worshipped have..
Closed Thread