rooney 8 9.09%
welbeck 7 7.95%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2012, 08:34 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He's been immense this season. Really provided some solid stability at times in a midfield that has had virtually no continuity because of injuries.

I made the suggestion to a few Ingurland fans a few days ago that his reading of the game, positional sense, defensive discipline and passing range would be a very good option in a three man midfield at Euro 2012. I was laughed at; they want Parker, Barry, Gerrard etc.
Jesus Seriously, let them have them.

Carrick has been incredible this year. Especially over the last 2 months. His one downfall, forward passing, has been addressed and he is probably the best midfielder in the league at the moment

Unread 11-02-2012, 08:48 PM
red in cumbria

Yup, his resurgence in the past year has been quite remarkable. Has proved many of us wrong - happily

Unread 12-02-2012, 04:10 PM
MJ Ramone

Rooney of course.

That's a brace against City, Chelsea & Liverpool in the last month.

Unread 12-02-2012, 04:11 PM
dunk

Stupid scouse @#%&! should've had 3.

Unread 12-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
scholes was/is a class apart.

valencia was superb as well. is it just me or is he coming inside a lot more this season than he used to? still never uses his left for anything other than standing on but he cuts inside quite a lot these days, at least more than he used to, and it makes him much less predictable.
Defenders are showing him infield a lot. In the past he would be reluctant to take that route but as he has found form and the confidence in his body has returned it has become a big part of his game. 2 months ago he was still struggling, but Fergie has kept picking him and along with Carrick he has been very strong in the last run of games.

Scholes has dominated Liverpool twice. I am actually shocked at how poorly Liverpool have dealt with him. In the cup they put Carragher in midfield and Scholes had acres of space to play in. Liverpool only started to get a hold when they changed that. Yesterday despite nominally going with 3 in midfield Carrick and Scholes were never closed down, it was a throwback to 2006/07 when they passed teams off the pitch.

Rafael is the best right back at the club. I still do not think his fitness is quite where he would want, his pace seems a little down, and he is not moving as freely as he does when he has a run of games, but his attitude and mentality is top class. Winning headers against Carroll sums him up, never backs down from a challenge.

Unread 12-02-2012, 04:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
with you on that Dunk

1. Carrick
2. Scholes
3. Tony V
the correct answer right there

Carrick is the best midfielder in the country right now

Unread 12-02-2012, 04:37 PM
atticusgrinch

Big Tony V eviscerated that weird looking gay guy they had at left back tbf.

And that goblin for the second.

Unread 12-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
scholes was/is a class apart.

valencia was superb as well. is it just me or is he coming inside a lot more this season than he used to? still never uses his left for anything other than standing on but he cuts inside quite a lot these days, at least more than he used to, and it makes him much less predictable.
That.

Valencia needs to put a little faith in his standing leg, just swing it once in a while.

Unread 12-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Pop

Fergie.

Unread 12-02-2012, 06:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Fergie.
I was just thinking that

Unread 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Stretlow

Honourable mention for Evans.