Peaky #@&%!er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's his user name, not his title.

I give up.
I rest my case.

Unread 07-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Serenity Now

"The positional play has been weak, especially in defence and within the penalty area", Johan Cruyff writes in his weekly column in 'De Telegraaf'. Cruyff is not pleased by the results of the Dutch national team in the Euro qualifying campaign last week and is shocked by the level of the players.

"It has everything to do with a different way of thinking. More often I see a pile-up of players in the penalty area, while it should be an essential part of match tactics to know beforehand how many people you need in the box during corner kicks."

"Tactics are not just a matter of three attackers or four defenders, it is way more. Players should train on the specifics, like positional play for defenders in the penalty area."

"Against Iceland, especially in the beginning, too many passes were given wide instead of deep. In addition, the speed of the play is a problem, while it is so simple. By placing the ball in front of someone, the person in question needs to be moving. I think it is shocking to see how few players of the Dutch national team have mastered this."

"The one who is performing well is Daley Blind. It is striking how he has improved after a year at Manchester United. A good example of what a higher training intensity can do."

"The simple fact that our basic tactical and technical skills are below par, has everything to do with the amount of training, which makes you wonder."

Unread 07-09-2015, 02:26 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
"The positional play has been weak, especially in defence and within the penalty area", Johan Cruyff writes in his weekly column in 'De Telegraaf'. Cruyff is not pleased by the results of the Dutch national team in the Euro qualifying campaign last week and is shocked by the level of the players.

"It has everything to do with a different way of thinking. More often I see a pile-up of players in the penalty area, while it should be an essential part of match tactics to know beforehand how many people you need in the box during corner kicks."

"Tactics are not just a matter of three attackers or four defenders, it is way more. Players should train on the specifics, like positional play for defenders in the penalty area."

"Against Iceland, especially in the beginning, too many passes were given wide instead of deep. In addition, the speed of the play is a problem , while it is so simple. By placing the ball in front of someone, the person in question needs to be moving. I think it is shocking to see how few players of the Dutch national team have mastered this."

"The one who is performing well is Daley Blind. It is striking how he has improved after a year at Manchester United. A good example of what a higher training intensity can do."

"The simple fact that our basic tactical and technical skills are below par, has everything to do with the amount of training, which makes you wonder."

Closed Thread