United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2018, 04:19 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He's coming back to OT, haven't you heard?
Lovely. Another centre half who can't defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Scored a cracking in that game....

https://youtu.be/5_UrDTrdCjs

Top red
He did actually I liked him, mad £#%&!er. A bit shit but he wasn't here long enough to be much of a problem. 14 man of the match awards aside.

Unread 01-05-2018, 04:33 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Four goals more in 63 games fewer.
TBF, Kane wouldn't have scored his goals playing for West Brom and Everton or if we're being honest playing up front on his own for a side as pedestrian going forward as us this season.

Unread 01-05-2018, 04:35 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Don't thank me, thank wikipedia. Does the addition for you
Ah does it? Not been on in a while. Thought it just gave totals per club etc, so for Big Rom some manual addition would have been required. Great stuff, thanks again pal

Unread 01-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Scored a cracking in that game....

https://youtu.be/5_UrDTrdCjs

Top red
‘Amazing team goal’

Quite good team goal.

Unread 01-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Thought he was injured.

Bombshell stat just in: Rom has nine league goals in the last seven months. Don't get the hate though.
Why only the last seven months?

Season starts in August, doesn't it?

Unread 01-05-2018, 06:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

We can't count the bit when he was scoring frequently, though.

Unread 01-05-2018, 06:53 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 01-05-2018, 07:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Ours started 65 days ago

Unread 01-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Ours started 65 days ago

Unread 01-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Exactly.

Did you know, between the games where he scores and when he doesn't, he has NO goals. Useless.

Unread 01-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Four goals more in 63 games fewer.
In lukaku’s defence he’s played for shitter teams.

Unread 01-05-2018, 07:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Not sure if serious post?

Yeah, those seven months apart he’s been prolific.

Unread 01-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Not sure if serious post?

Yeah, those seven months apart he’s been prolific.
I mean you might aswell include the whole season, but that wouldn't fit your agenda would it.

What's all this league goals stuff too. We not counting champions league and an FA Cup that adorns your avatars?

If you don't think 28 is good enough, fair enough, but deliberately selecting months of the season tells you less than the whole story and is somewhat disingenuous.

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:09 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Siders doesn't usually make it this easy, tbf to him.

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
I mean you might aswell include the whole season, but that wouldn't fit your agenda would it.

What's all this league goals stuff too. We not counting champions league and an FA Cup that adorns your avatars?

If you don't think 28 is good enough, fair enough, but deliberately selecting months of the season tells you less than the whole story and is somewhat disingenuous.
Wow...

Siders isn’t getting up from that

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I mean you might aswell include the whole season, but that wouldn't fit your agenda would it
there's no 'agenda' ..it's just that some of us haven't had our standards & expectations dragged into the gutter post-Fergie.

Lukaku is absolutely fine if we want to keep celebrating '2nd place' , he isn't however anywhere near good enough if we want to be playing in CL semi finals again instead of moaning about Liverpool being in them.

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Whalefish

I think he can be good enough tbh, Already improved his game this season (IMO) and that's with some shocking service too.

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:20 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think he can be good enough tbh, Already improved his game this season (IMO) and that's with some shocking service too.
the things lacking from his game though are the 'natural footballer' things.
The things that make you turn & look at the person sitting next to you with a knowing look as if to say "yep, he's something £#%&!ing special"

Lukaku is a trier, a hard worker, a reasonably effective target man and will score twenty plus most seasons, but he won't make the difference in big games - Liverpool recently, the derby, Cup SF etc... all passed him by without finding the net.

I don't dislike the guy at all, I just reckon he's at least one level below what we need.

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

We've got to stop this dreadful misuse of the term agenda, when it's just someone having an opinion on things.

He started brilliantly, and has been a lot less reliable for most of the season. The best way to illustrate that is him scoring seven goals in the first six weeks, and then just nine goals in the following seven months. I mean that really does back up the argument imo.

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
We've got to stop this dreadful misuse of the term agenda, when it's just someone having an opinion on things.

He started brilliantly, and has been a lot less reliable for most of the season. The best way to illustrate that is him scoring seven goals in the first six weeks, and then just nine goals in the following seven months. I mean that really does back up the argument imo.
amen.
great post.
Closed Thread