United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 05-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Puebla

Default Wembley Protest..

This is a c&p from the other fanzine. If anyone can help in any way with this it could be a powerful statement.

I was watching a replay of last Sunday's game. When Park scored and went over to the United fans, you could clearly see the United,Kids, Wife etc banner hung over the tunnel.

Would it be possible for the League Cup Final to ask all the lads who normally take their own banners along(via the three fanzines, IMUSA and MUST) to just for one day replace them with "We want Glazer Out" banners? Not "£#%&! off Glazer" or even "Die Glazer die", as they won't be shown on TV.

Bear in mind that the Glazers will be there for sure with the entire tribe. If we can get a large quantity of banners and some good chants going, the cameras (which are located directly opposite where the Glazers will be sitting) are bound to go for some reaction shots.

We've got the East side of the stadium. There are three disabled viewing positions directly behind the goals and one each on either corner.They are perfect for hanging banners on, as these positions are raised to allow the wheelchair fans to see when the crowd stands up.

That means that is the "Glazer Out" banners are going to be seen every time the camera gives us a an angle of a attack at our end.There will be millions of people all over the World watching.

The stewards are used to fans taking banners in to Wembley and are unlikely to try to confiscate them because of their content like they would at Old Trafford.

We'll have the equivalent of a giant "away" end, full of the more proactive type of fans.

I don't know who owns the long "GLAZER-Forever in your DEBT" banner, but it would fit perfectly on the corner position over the tunnel the same side as the players tunnel.

In fact, that's the kind we need ie long and rectangular, not square.

If we could for one day, really replace the red and white with Green and Gold in our end, we could send a powerful message to the World and embarrass the Glazers at the same time. Especially as Villa's Yank is showing how owning a football club should be done. Well,by comparison with ours and the scousers anyway.

The comparison would be obvious and irresistible for the press and commentators.

Unread 05-02-2010, 07:41 AM
waynes ear's

wont work

Wembley is shit

Unread 05-02-2010, 08:50 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
wont work

Wembley is shit
what he said. last years cup final was full of clueless £#%&!tards who wouldnt know or care who glazer is

Unread 05-02-2010, 08:58 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
what he said. last years cup final was full of clueless £#%&!tards who wouldnt know or care who glazer is
Well yeah that as well (and koppas)

Unread 05-02-2010, 09:04 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up

well worth a go, don't let the 'won't work' negativity put you off. nothing ever works if you don't try.

and every failed effort raises a bit of awareness and makes the next one more likely to work.

Unread 05-02-2010, 09:09 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
well worth a go, don't let the 'won't work' negativity put you off. nothing ever works if you don't try.

and every failed effort raises a bit of awareness and makes the next one more likely to work.
Yep. If you don't try you'll never know, if we all listened to the "it'll never work" brigade nothing will ever get done. All we can do is try

Unread 05-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Redordead

The Green and Gold seems to work, I would think your efforts would be better at getting loads of cheap G&G stuff available for the fans to buy and wave?

I fail to see why you wouldnt carry on with the one protest that seems to be working??? If not badly organised.

Unread 05-02-2010, 09:15 AM
My Name is Keith

I agree with this but suggest we allow the 'Chelmsford Reds' and 'West Cumbria Reds' flags in out of principle.

Unread 05-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up

I don't think the Glazers will be there.

Good luck though.

Unread 05-02-2010, 09:19 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:

Unread 05-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

yep.

anything that highlights the opposition to the glazer cancer is to be applauded.