United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:37 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’m saying no. Even if we get 4 years out of Ronaldo he’d have to have 2 absolutely mammoth hauls.
He breaks records where ever he goes

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:37 AM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Man City had fully agreed a deal with Ronaldo, who gave his teammates the impression he was joining Pep's side as recently as 8am Friday.

City suspect Mendes used them to leverage United, and the ordeal will have repercussions for future business at the Etihad.

via: TheAthletic
Excellent

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:38 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i think it's for his own good if we send him off on a ship with gandalf like at the end of lord of the rings.

Ronaldo would strangle him with his own bootlaces after seeing a couple of his 'crosses'
He might be OK. Ronaldo could leap and get a head to most of Bebes crosses tbf

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:38 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Could chuck James out too tbh.
James as well. No end to the positives of bringing in one player.

All those U23 players thinking about training with Ronaldo is a weeks time. Mental

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Not sure what textbook Ronaldo moment I’m looking forward to the most:

The free kick with no backlift flying into the roof of the net.
Cut in from the left and smashed into the bottom right corner.
Monster header.
Penalty smashed in.

He’ll do all of them. Many times.

I watched all his United goals last night and all his Juve goals this morning. Like two different players. He’s just become a killer down the years and he was still doing it last season at 36. He got more goals than Lukaku ffs and Lukaku won the league

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i think it's for his own good if we send him off on a ship with gandalf like at the end of lord of the rings.

Ronaldo would strangle him with his own bootlaces after seeing a couple of his 'crosses'
Yep. He’s a trier, but I’m not seeing the necessary quality, or even flashes of it. Maybe loan him somewhere with an option just in case.

I reckon Martial stays tbh.

Just a bit annoyed he’s not playing tomorrow at this point.

£#%&!ing International breaks

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:45 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
https://twitter.com/utddistrict/stat...621985280?s=21

can’t believe it tbh.

I’m sure someone has to drop out/be sold. Reckon that a couple must be leaving.

What the f*** is the point of Mata now?

I doubt it. I am going off football manager. But mata has been in the UK for 5 years aswell. And we don’t have to register u21s Greenwood , The Scottish Player etc.

Even if it comes to it and we need to remove someone, I’m sure Baily can £#%&! off

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I doubt it. I am going off football manager. But mata has been in the UK for 5 years aswell. And we don’t have to register u21s Greenwood , The Scottish Player etc.

Even if it comes to it and we need to remove someone, I’m sure Baily can £#%&! off
Can only have so many over 20-somethings. Some count as home grown though.

Wonder if Ronaldo does because he was here at 18, Pogba does

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I would imagine both Lingard and Martial to leave. No real path to first team for either of them.

Another Ronaldo bonus
Think you could add vdb to that now. Not a chance he’s getting game time

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Yep. He’s a trier, but I’m not seeing the necessary quality, or even flashes of it. Maybe loan him somewhere with an option just in case.

I reckon Martial stays tbh.

Just a bit annoyed he’s not playing tomorrow at this point.

£#%&!ing International breaks
James just doesn’t have anywhere near enough quality to be an attacking player for us. You can be less talented in other areas of the pitch, but you can’t get away with it further forward. He’s ridiculously fast and his work rate is useful when we play the likes of Leeds or we need to get the ball up the field quickly.

He’s a hard working, likeable kid, but we’ve just got so many better options now.

Anyway, don’t mean to go off topic…….. VIVA RONALDO!!!

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Believe, Bunks and Neo deserve this. They were open about the pain a move to City would have cause. Now they get this?

Wow.
My boy saffers

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:55 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
My boy saffers
Glad to see Fred coming together the power of Ronaldo.

Pogba would be pushed to being the 3rd /4th biggest star. Might just help him.

Unread 28-08-2021, 09:57 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I would imagine both Lingard and Martial to leave. No real path to first team for either of them.

Another Ronaldo bonus

James to stay btw

Great option for the cup games on low(er) wages who won’t rock the boat if he isn’t starting every week. Gets a lot of unnecessary stick imo

And he’s welsh.

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:01 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Not sure what textbook Ronaldo moment I’m looking forward to the most:

The free kick with no backlift flying into the roof of the net.
Cut in from the left and smashed into the bottom right corner.
Monster header.
Penalty smashed in.

He’ll do all of them. Many times.

I watched all his United goals last night and all his Juve goals this morning. Like two different players. He’s just become a killer down the years and he was still doing it last season at 36. He got more goals than Lukaku ffs and Lukaku won the league
Hoping for a cheeky bicycle kick into the roof of the net personally. Doesn’t matter against who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

James to stay btw

Great option for the cup games on low(er) wages who won’t rock the boat if he isn’t starting every week. Gets a lot of unnecessary stick imo

And he’s welsh.
I’ve only got love for Wessi.

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:05 AM
dunk

Everyone trying to get in on it

No other club and no other player.

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:09 AM
My Name is Heath

Only small downer is Brandon Williams out on loan

As a local lad I desperately want him to succeed

Imagine as a full back going in to work every day and playing against Ronaldo, Sancho, Pogba, James, Elanga, Martial, Rashford, Cavani, Bruno, Mata …. bloody hell, I’d end up a top class defender playing against them daily.

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:11 AM
MagnificentSeven

i still can't quite grasp that yesterday happened

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:17 AM
puressence

10 mile walk smiles all the way utd shirt on passed some divs in midd going there game. They knew that I knew how £#%&!ing ill they are with it. 🤣🤣🤣

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:17 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i still can't quite grasp that yesterday happened
The world is healing itself

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:35 AM
Pop

Demanded giffing for the occasion...

Closed Thread