United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:44 AM
tatty

Seems it's Mbappe to RM and Ronaldo to PSG.

Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar

Unread 25-08-2021, 01:52 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He doesn’t give two shits about Utd
Never has

I remember a Daniel Taylor’s article about interviews around the 50th Munich game against City and Ronaldo was acting a #@&%! because he wanted interviews with the Munich survivors to finish
The idea that Ronaldo cares about the history of our club or its historic rivalries is laughable
Ronaldo only cares about Ronaldo, always has always will

Wouldn't have thought he would want to go to City as he hated living in the north west of England however with Messi going to a stacked PSG team he feels yesterday’s man so he wants to go to a side that can compete with PSG in the CL
Would be very surprised if Pep wanted him but who knows
Agree, he is also sort of the anti thesis of what 'Pep' is about, which is 'team first' type players. That being said, Grealish and Kane were odd targets for him I felt so who knows.

Unread 25-08-2021, 05:04 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You hoping Pogba takes over their mantle, pal?
Pegba

I honestly can’t see the move to city happening because it doesn’t really add any value to him personally and maybe I’m an old romantic but I honestly believe he loves United. At least enough not to taint his name with United fans. As much as hes narcissistic, he also likes to be loved and he knows he’s got that with United fans.

Unread 25-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Coracao

Not sure what he has left to prove in England.

I think PSG next summer is the most likely. Maybe a season at Bayern, but would have to drastically reduce his wages. You wouldn't imagine he is getting more than a 1 year deal next summer, he is 37 in Feb

Unread 25-08-2021, 10:30 AM
Stickman

Can’t see him at City anyway tbh

Unread 25-08-2021, 10:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Pegba

I honestly can’t see the move to city happening because it doesn’t really add any value to him personally and maybe I’m an old romantic but I honestly believe he loves United. At least enough not to taint his name with United fans. As much as hes narcissistic, he also likes to be loved and he knows he’s got that with United fans.
I’m hoping this too.

He seems to care about his ‘legacy’. He wants to be the greatest and leave a footprint around great clubs and all the different leagues. He could have gone to US or China years ago if just wanted the money.

I hope.

Unread 25-08-2021, 10:51 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Seems it's Mbappe to RM and Ronaldo to PSG.

Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar
Real Madrid have made a £137m bid for Mbappe.
That's PSG sorted for getting Ronaldo on board.

Unread 25-08-2021, 11:11 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Pegba

Think he loved Ferguson more than United

Unread 25-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Dr Stranger

The Transfer chain reaction begins.

Mbappe to Madrid
Ronaldo to PSG
Jones to Blackpool*

*not the club. Just for a day out. Not allowed on the donkeys after last time though.

Unread 25-08-2021, 11:36 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The Transfer chain reaction begins.

Mbappe to Madrid
Ronaldo to PSG
Jones to Blackpool*

*not the club. Just for a day out. Not allowed on the donkeys after last time though.
Got to understand the donkeys, knew his level.

Unread 25-08-2021, 11:43 AM
saffers

While football wise it wouldnt be big shock but what a humiliation for us if one of our greatest players comes back to Manchester and it isn't for us.

Just another kick in the teeth. But maybe most on here won't be arsed. Football is not about winning trophies anymore and creating history. As Ole said, trophies are an ego thing.

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
While football wise it wouldnt be big shock but what a humiliation for us if one of our greatest players comes back to Manchester and it isn't for us.

Just another kick in the teeth. But maybe most on here won't be arsed. Football is not about winning trophies anymore and creating history. As Ole said, trophies are an ego thing.
I think most saying they’re not arsed would be lying.

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:10 PM
Neo

Quote:
Of course they are. Ronaldo is arguably one of the top 5 greatest players to have ever played for United.

To even think of him turning out for City is stomach-churning, and would shit on the legacy he left here.

This can't be allowed to happen, and hopefully it's just paper talk nonsense.

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:11 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Of course they are. Ronaldo is arguably one of the top 5 greatest players to have ever played for United.

To even think of him turning out for City is stomach-churning, and would shit on the legacy he left here.

It's all about the dollar though.

I know we loved him when he was here but does anyone really, truly think he gives much of a shit about United? I think if fergie still managed us he wouldn't consider it out of respect, but if they're the only club willing to chuck 500k+ a week at him I don't think he'd turn it down because of his 'respect' for United fans. Footballers don't really think like that.

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Coracao

Less than a week left. Chances are that Ronaldo, Kane and Mbappe will be going nowhere.

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:16 PM
saffers

Quote:
If people genuinely wouldnt't be arsed then they just dont love the club anymore. It would be a crushing blow I can't lie...

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If people genuinely wouldnt't be arsed then they just dont love the club anymore. It would be a crushing blow I can't lie...
Same. Not gonna pretend I wouldn’t be gutted.

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:23 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Good job Fred Tissue wasn't around in 74.

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:25 PM
dunk

The @#%&!s often pick up our exes at the end of their career tbf.. Cole, Schmeichel, Law etc. Classless #@&%!s.

Unread 25-08-2021, 12:26 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
It's all about the dollar though.

I know we loved him when he was here but does anyone really, truly think he gives much of a shit about United? I think if fergie still managed us he wouldn't consider it out of respect, but if they're the only club willing to chuck 500k+ a week at him I don't think he'd turn it down because of his 'respect' for United fans. Footballers don't really think like that.
I suppose I have a little more faith than that, but maybe I'm a hopeless romantic. He could have gone to PSG or China for more money that he got at Juve, but he wanted to challenge himself in another top European league, so I do think that whilst money is crucial, it's not the be-all-and-end-all with him.

He's also spoken out on the disrespect all the recent speculation has to both himself and Real Madrid. Would be nice if he said the same about United considering he's now being linked with one of our biggest rivals.
Closed Thread