United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Then he should have been told that before the game. United didn't look well prepared in any aspect tbh. Hopefully that's just because it's early doors but there are signs that individual quality, good spirit, youthful energy and the addition of some bigger personalities are going to be stronger attributes than an obvious cohesive system.

Did he criticise Cesar Azpilicueta? If he did I may have missed it.

The only other player I heard him criticise in general terms was David Luiz. Another former player he didn't like
He may well have been , it wouldn't be the first time Shaw's decision making and concentration on the pitch has come into question. Mou is a massive @#%&! and he should never have hung the players out to dry while he was the manager, but when he said he needed to tell Shaw what to do throughout the game to get the best out of him while he was manager, then he was probably telling it as it was. He just shouldn't have said that publicly while he was the manager.

The difference between Shaw and AWB in their defensive duties was obvious, and imo it's down to Shaw not carrying out his duties on the pitch properly and getting caught out.

If that's right, then hopefully it can be coached out of him.

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:02 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If he can't comment in players he has workee with and knows far more about than anyone else, then seems a bit pointless having him on
Disagree entirely. He could be an excellent pundit in general. Don't especially need him to carry his hang-ups into it though.

See Bayern just signed Perisic. Laying the groundwork for Mou mid-season?

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:04 AM
andyroo

Let's face it they only had him on in the hope he'd dish some dirt on both sides and cause a ruckus

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Let's face it they only had him on in the hope he'd dish some dirt on both sides and cause a ruckus
They must've known that he would have a NDA and couldn't talk too much shit. He's also doing a bit of media management for a new job, wouldn't be the best idea to start dishing dirt on previous employers.

Reckon they just got him on because he brings in some more viewers, highlights of his punditry would get views on twitter, facebook, youtube and reddit. Massive @#%&!, but a Box Office @#%&!.

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Disagree entirely. He could be an excellent pundit in general. Don't especially need him to carry his hang-ups into it though.

Well, I disagree with you entirely. Boo-hoo.

Sick of bland pundits who won't criticise people they have been previously linked with.

Be amazed if Bayern went anywhere near him tbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Time will tell. I'm not panicking as such because, conversely by not signing cover or competition, at least he can't say the manager hasn't shown any faith in him. Sink or swim.
Time has told. This is his 6th season. Let that sink in.

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:09 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I seem to recall Vidic spending a fair amount of time covering for Evra tbf.
What Evra offered in attack compared to what Shaw offers is night and day tbf. You can kind of put up with it if he was offering something in attack?

Shaw is just an average player, not sure if it’s down to his injury or that he hasn’t developed his game since we signed him but he offers next to nothing in attack and regularly switches off in defence.

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
This.

The likes of him and Keane are brought in for the lolz.

It was no coincidence that they got Keane in for a Manc derby, that would clearly highlight the gulf between the teams, allowing Keane to let rip on us.

And I'm sure Sky didn't deliberately get Jose in on a game between his two former sides, one of which is the first game in a first full season for a man who replaced him. No siree.

How often do they do that ffs?

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Baron

Quote:

I've seen him on BeIN & he's been insightful, looked happy to be there & generally not a scruffy mess like he is on SKY here.

Feels very much like he's presenting an image - miserable £#%&!er in all honesty isn't he

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Time has told. This is his 6th season. Let that sink in.
tbf he's not had the most consistent time with injuries etc - only really last season has he had that and he won player of the season, for whatever that's worth

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:39 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Well, I disagree with you entirely. Boo-hoo.

Sick of bland pundits who won't criticise people they have been previously linked with.

Be amazed if Bayern went anywhere near him tbf
I'm sick of bland pundits too. But if people had a wager on which United player he'd single out Shaw would have been short odds. I would rather Mou tell us something we don't know rather than carry his hang-ups into his role as a pundit.

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Coracao

Quote:
I'm sick of bland pundits too. But if people had a wager on which United player he'd single out Shaw would have been short odds. I would rather Mou tell us something we don't know rather than carry his hang-ups into his role as a pundit.
Well, yeah. He is a weak link

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Well, yeah. He is a weak link
Our Player of the Season being a weak link suggests there were plenty to choose from. Mou went for Shaw, shock etc etc

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Our Player of the Season being a weak link suggests there were plenty to choose from. Mou went for Shaw, shock etc etc
LOL.

Has a player ever done less to win that.

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:43 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Why are you so upset by it though?

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:43 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
LOL.

He had a decent season, but likely more a recognition of how popular he is with teammates.

Probably a gesture inspired by watching Mou bully him for three years tbf

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:44 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
One of the only remaining Big Louis signings left at the club init.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
What makes you think I'm upset? I'm saying I don't think it'll help Mou to come across as being bitter and hung up on grudges.

Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Quote:
This is siders and mou mou we're talking about.

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:45 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
LOL.

Unread 13-08-2019, 11:45 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
One of the only remaining Big Louis signings left at the club init.
Louis' boys ran riot on Sunday pal. No need to cling to Lukey
Closed Thread