United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:09 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
The Premier League have a decision to make don't they?

- punish city appropriately and tarnish their brand

- don't punish city appropriately, and the league is allowed to carry on being the joke it has now become, thereby tarnishing their brand

I'd like to think they'd see the potential for option 1 actually restoring some integrity to the league, but I suspect there'll instead be frantic efforts to produce some sort of fudged middle ground that allows them to claim they took action without pissing off city's lawyers.
If they fail to punish city 'properly', I still think there is a distinct possibility that talk of the European Super League will rear its ugly head again.
If they announced city would't be allowed in & every club would have to undergo stringent financial checks before admission, that would deffo gain a lot of traction with the top clubs in the PL.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:51 PM
croady26

Quote:

- don't punish city appropriately, and the league is allowed to carry on being the joke it has now become, thereby tarnishing their brand

I'd like to think they'd see the potential for option 1 actually restoring some integrity to the league, but I suspect there'll instead be frantic efforts to produce some sort of fudged middle ground that allows them to claim they took action without pissing off city's lawyers.
Yeah they will take the cowards way out

Unread 15-05-2024, 01:32 AM
Dacter

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Unread 15-05-2024, 04:20 AM
croady26

Would never happen in a million years,however would love the other clubs to unite and threaten not to play if action isn't taken against them.

Unread 15-05-2024, 05:30 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
If they fail to punish city 'properly', I still think there is a distinct possibility that talk of the European Super League will rear its ugly head again.
If they announced city would't be allowed in & every club would have to undergo stringent financial checks before admission, that would deffo gain a lot of traction with the top clubs in the PL.
The game has gone to shit anyway, so wouldn’t particularly bother me if it went ESL. At least it would ruin their day at the PL/FA. Arrogant @#%&!s think they’re untouchable. Get a new lot of refs while they’re at it.

Unread 15-05-2024, 06:33 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

My feeling that it's going to be option 2 is increasing. Not helped by Gary Neville taking the opportunity to shit on FFP any chance he gets, trying to come across as completely impartial while also trying to use it as justification for Salford failing miserably in their hunt for promotion. It's strange that FFP hasn't stopped teams other than Salford getting promoted in what is a more level playing field than it would be if there was no FFP.

Unread 15-05-2024, 07:09 AM
pedr0

I predict they will get a massive fine and a points deduction of 15-20 so the PL can trumpet "biggest punishment ever"
the deduction will be applied just before the start of a season to minimise its impact. no players/manager will leave, instead they will treat it as a new challenge.
they won't win the league but will qualify for the CL and the media will fawn over what an incredible achievement it was.

Unread 15-05-2024, 07:12 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
I predict they will get a massive fine and a points deduction of 15-20 so the PL can trumpet "biggest punishment ever"
the deduction will be applied just before the start of a season to minimise its impact. no players/manager will leave, instead they will treat it as a new challenge.
they won't win the league but will qualify for the CL and the media will fawn over what an incredible achievement it was.
Yep, this is as far they it will go. Points deduction before a new season, won’t even affect them.

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:04 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
Yep, probably this.

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:18 AM
dragflick

Can't stand the perverted hairy handed one, but at least he's highlighting it a bit...

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:47 AM
Time For Heroes

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:43 AM
Jack Duckworth

Is there a date set for all this to be sorted, or do we just have to accept that they've cheated and got away with it?

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:47 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
Is there a date set for all this to be sorted, or do we just have to accept that they've cheated and got away with it?
There's a date, but they haven't made it public.

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:52 AM
larry

do you think if utd were in city's position going for 4 in a row with 115 charges pending, it might get a mention in the media? would sky sports dare to damage their brand to criticise us?

Unread 15-05-2024, 12:30 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
do you think if utd were in city's position going for 4 in a row with 115 charges pending, it might get a mention in the media? would sky sports dare to damage their brand to criticise us?
It would be raised in Parliament

Unread 15-05-2024, 02:09 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
Already accepted it and so lost interest in league ever being competitive again unfortunately

Unread 15-05-2024, 02:44 PM
The taste of...

I suppose the silver lining to all this is that the silverware will be tarnished,
and the vermin won majorly less than they could of done with a dominant outfit when we’ve been pants.

Unread 15-05-2024, 02:46 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
I suppose the silver lining to all this is that the silverware will be tarnished,
and the vermin won majorly less than they could of done with a dominant outfit when we’ve been pants.
Unfortunately won't be when they get found not guilty which makes it even harder to stomach

Unread 15-05-2024, 02:55 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Unfortunately won't be when they get found not guilty which makes it even harder to stomach
is there a precedent? most charges ever filed to then be found not guilty of every one? if it does happen i suspect it will be a first.

Unread 15-05-2024, 03:28 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
is there a precedent? most charges ever filed to then be found not guilty of every one? if it does happen i suspect it will be a first.
Really hope I am proved wrong but can't see it