United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Default What a game of football

Tomorrow night won't be a patch on that. What a game.

Superb performance from United for the final 35-40 minutes of the half.

Fletcher, Carrick and Scholes turned the game around for us. All three were outstanding.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Athanri

Rooney was my MOM for Utd, not just for the obvious 2 goals he scored but he put in a massive effort chasing and putting the opposition under pressure. Yet another 90+ winner for us. It's the best feeling when you nick a winner then.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Prideofalleurope

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool tommorow

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:45 PM
MakeBelieve

sensational game once again from Manchester United in Europe, makes you so proud

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:49 PM
tatty

Expect 90 minutes of grinding boredom.

I'd rather have root canal treatment.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanri
Rooney was my MOM for Utd, not just for the obvious 2 goals he scored but he put in a massive effort chasing and putting the opposition under pressure. Yet another 90+ winner for us. It's the best feeling when you nick a winner then.
Rooney's winner was absolute genius. To take it that early and to hit it so crisply was world-class.

I was actually feeling quite disappointed that we hadn't scored a winner, such was the incredible nature of our performance in the second half. We completely turned the game around and totally dominated them for the second half.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:50 PM
chorleyred

both teams contributed to a great game.

we only really got on top once gattusso went off

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:52 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Rooney's winner was absolute genius. To take it that early and to hit it so crisply was world-class.

I was actually feeling quite disappointed that we hadn't scored a winner, such was the incredible nature of our performance in the second half. We completely turned the game around and totally dominated them for the second half.
reminded me a little of Hughesy v Barca in 91 genius !!!

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:53 PM
jem's kind streak

Default we had our moments

before they picked up injuries. and their second was hardly kaka magic.

£#%&! 'em.

they will shit themselves if we can put out something like our first team next week.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:54 PM
chorleyred

let's do some of that blood spinning

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:54 PM
quackhandle

That Rooney goal was a carbon copy of one of t'other Ronaldo's hat trick a few seasons back versus Real Madrid.

If we'd had our first choice back four out against that lot we'd have taken them to the £#%&!ing cleaners. Describing that second goal as Kaka magic, as did the commentators, was crazy: it was a clean enough finish but it was created by bad defending, nothing more.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackhandle
That Rooney goal was a carbon copy of one of t'other Ronaldo's hat trick a few seasons back versus Real Madrid.

If we'd had our first choice back four out against that lot we'd have taken them to the £#%&!ing cleaners. Describing that second goal as Kaka magic, as did the commentators, was crazy: it was a clean enough finish but it was created by bad defending, nothing more.
Yep. There was absolutely nothing magical about the goal at all. It was an absurd piece of defending from Evra followed by a standard finish.

I noticed the similarity with the Ronaldo goal for Madrid, but I think Rooney's was better because he took it even earlier than Ronaldo. Barthez was at fault for Ronaldo's; Rooney's early hit made his unstoppable.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Athanri

I only seen the second half but I wasn't too dissapointed with Gabbys performance at centre back. He put in some good challenges and his positioning was excellent. O'Shea on the other hand was a fookin liability.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:03 PM
red @rmy

I hope the kick shit out of each other, bookings sendings off the lot.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:04 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
I hope the kick shit out of each other, bookings sendings off the lot.
broken bones....you forgot broken bones

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:09 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Plenty of that too.

Maureen is proper loosing it.

Tiberian

If we had defended well in the first half we could have destroyed that Milan team, they got their equalizer, we looked nervous, sat back and allowed them to exert control on midfield, terrible second goal, but as soon as we really started to push we took over, several chances before we scored.

Keep Kaka quiet and we will have a great chance.

TreeFiddy

I'm really quite emotional right now. A truly splendid performance to rank up there with the very best and a fantastic game of pure football too. Really sends a message out to the whole world that United are without doubt the greatest team on the planet. We do things the right way, the United way and neither of those @#%&!s tomorrow night will be able to conjure up something half as magnificent.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:12 PM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. There was absolutely nothing magical about the goal at all. It was an absurd piece of defending from Evra followed by a standard finish.
Keystone Kops defending

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:12 PM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
and throw in some Herpes
Closed Thread