United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I noticed that too. Lazy.

I do agree with the sentiment that he is a better player than this figure of fun he’s become. He’s turned into a meme, but it’s easy to forget he’s a good solid defender. He’ll do well somewhere if he can stay fit and get a run. Jonny Evans is the template and he’s as good a defender as him.
It's easy to forget he's a footballer at all. Not £#%&!ing seen the @#%&! for ages.
Hard to forget he's draining Ole's resources.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
It's easy to forget he's a footballer at all. Not £#%&!ing seen the @#%&! for ages.
Hard to forget he's draining Ole's resources.
Yes. That too.

Unread 21-08-2021, 06:27 PM
red in cumbria

That's the thing - he *should* want to prove himself somewhere else by now, he is still young enough.

Though that doesn't take account of any mental issues he may have developed , admittedly.

Unread 21-08-2021, 06:36 PM
History

Ole may actually be showing some support and a pathway back to the first team to prove himself. He's no stranger to having a huge injury issue and being shown support on his way back. No doubt if Ole was at any other club he would of been retired or shifted on way before he came back for us in 06.

Although, Jones is most definitely on the last of 9 injury ridden lives.

Unread 24-08-2021, 06:47 AM
windy waffles

Find it weird how we haven't heard from the #@&%! in God knows how long. Probably since he signed his deal...

Rio having a pop in an interview yesterday now... Questioning how he can sit and not play and compares him to Winston Bogarde.

Quote:

There are players who are happy to just sit and clubs and not play and just chill. Winston Bogarde did it at Chelsea for about three or four years. Signed a big deal and commuted in from Holland.

‘If I was in the squad with someone like that I wouldn’t talk to them. They are a waste of time, why would I chat to you and give you any energy, taking that away from my other teammates who are here to play and go into battle for 90 minutes every week.’

Unread 24-08-2021, 07:31 AM
believe

Surely there’s some kind of clause in his contract that allows us to terminate or is it a case of clinging on to the hope that someone might buy him? Even if they do they’re never going to recuperate what they’ve spent on him such a weird situation now.

Imagine doing this in any other job in the world

Unread 24-08-2021, 07:44 AM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Surely there’s some kind of clause in his contract that allows us to terminate or is it a case of clinging on to the hope that someone might buy him? Even if they do they’re never going to recuperate what they’ve spent on him such a weird situation now.

Imagine doing this in any other job in the world
It's entirely our own fault. He was transparently useless at the time we gave him another fat contract. Inexplicable and we reap what we sow.

Unread 24-08-2021, 07:58 AM
Pop

The best thing for all concerned would be to take Guber round the back of Old Trafford on the promise of a big pile of leaves to play in and have a vet put him to sleep

Unread 24-08-2021, 08:33 AM
Jethro

It's criminal we haven't shifted anyone this summer. 8 days to go

Unread 24-08-2021, 08:59 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
It's criminal we haven't shifted anyone this summer. 8 days to go
10 players to be sold this summer too according to the rags - same as every season. Never happens.

Unread 24-08-2021, 09:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
10 players to be sold this summer too according to the rags - same as every season. Never happens.
We surely have to revise this ridiculous policy of dishing out new deals to anyone, regardless of their value.

Pereira, Lingard and Jones would all be out the door now on frees or lower fees by now and we’d be looking at bringing a new face in with time to spare.

In trying to get a fee for Phil jones, we’re now stuck paying the guys huge wages while he does nothing and the transfer business suffers. For, what, £10-£15m fee we thought we’d get?

It’s a short-sighted approach.

Unread 24-08-2021, 07:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
It's entirely our own fault. He was transparently useless at the time we gave him another fat contract. Inexplicable and we reap what we sow.
Just a short time after Ole took over, almost certainly no coincidence that.

Unread 24-08-2021, 08:31 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just a short time after Ole took over, almost certainly no coincidence that.
I hope you aren’t implying Ole was responsible….
Renewals are club policy, look at Bailly for instance Ole was moving him out the door, refusing to play him even when fit, suddenly an new three year deal is offered Bailly says thank very much I’m off to the olympics.
Mata given another year on first team wages when he has been ineffectual for 3 seasons, Matic the same, be in no doubt if Lingard is still here in September he will be offered a new deal.

Unread 24-08-2021, 09:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Renewals are club policy, look at Bailly for instance Ole was moving him out the door, refusing to play him even when fit, suddenly an new three year deal is offered Bailly says thank very much I’m off to the olympics.
Mata given another year on first team wages when he has been ineffectual for 3 seasons, Matic the same, be in no doubt if Lingard is still here in September he will be offered a new deal.
Yup. Not one of those players should be at the club and the lot of them will struggle to get 10 PL starts for United between them this season.

Unread 24-08-2021, 09:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Dya think maybe it’s this thread?

If we lock it and maybe chuck a priest out the window, maybe his spirit will leave us forever?

Unread 24-08-2021, 09:26 PM
dunk

Wants to go on loan in the CHampionship to get games apparently

Unread 24-08-2021, 09:38 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wants to go on loan in the CHampionship to get games apparently
He wants to keep his inflated United salary, that’s what.

The fact he’s an unambitious, lazy, piss-poor professional who would rather sit on his arse and steal his £100K+ weekly wage, rather than taking a cut and actually doing something worthwhile with the final years of his failed career, is probably the main reason no clubs are interested in signing him.

If United want to get their money’s worth out of him, they should hang him up on a crucifix outside Old Trafford for every home game and let fans launch rotten fruit at him for £5 per throw.

Unread 24-08-2021, 10:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

If United want to get their money’s worth out of him, they should hang him up on a crucifix outside Old Trafford for every home game and let fans launch rotten fruit at him for £5 per throw.
He wouldn’t understand. He’ll probably think it’s his testimonial and start cheering.

Unread 24-08-2021, 10:44 PM
dunk

Unread 24-08-2021, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
If anything, i am implying the opposite - it was pushed through by the suits before he had any chance to assess things properly.
Closed Thread