United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2022, 10:58 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

He seems sound as well, his spell at Inter genuinely seemed like he could do anything he wanted - better than his Barca season, just absolutely taking the piss out of world class defenders like Nesta & a league known for it's catenaccio approach.

Utterly joyful...

Unstoppable & exhilarating, when he came on against us vs Inter in '99 basically on one leg I was shitting it. Hardly ever come up against anyone who has the raw talent & imagination to play the way he does now. Football has become mechanical, the lad was a showman & for people of a certain age (40-odd year olds basically) he was the abiding memory of watching European football.

Unread 23-09-2022, 11:48 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

He seems sound as well, his spell at Inter genuinely seemed like he could do anything he wanted - better than his Barca season, just absolutely taking the piss out of world class defenders like Nesta & a league known for it's catenaccio approach.

Utterly joyful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy7a0ea1W1Q

Unstoppable & exhilarating, when he came on against us vs Inter in '99 basically on one leg I was shitting it. Hardly ever come up against anyone who has the raw talent & imagination to play the way he does now. Football has become mechanical, the lad was a showman & for people of a certain age (40-odd year olds basically) he was the abiding memory of watching European football.
Totally - was like watching a prime Pelé, you just never knew what he was going to do, but you knew it would probably be brilliant.

As for others, our Ronnie is his heyday was ridiculously good.

Unread 23-09-2022, 12:42 PM
Stickman

that Inter away leg he was running us ragged first half. I couldn’t believe the speed of him.

Unread 23-09-2022, 12:52 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Three posts

Rattled coffin dodger alert

ffs you really came back with that

£#%&! off and support Abu Berty you absolute colostomy

Unread 23-09-2022, 12:55 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...

f*** off and support Abu Berty you absolute colostomy
remind me who’s rattled again pal?

Unread 23-09-2022, 04:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Whenever I see him now, I keep thinking it's Craig Charles.

A decent player, no question about that.

Unread 23-09-2022, 04:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 23-09-2022, 04:43 PM
Zorg

Quote:

£#%&! off and support Abu Berty you absolute colostomy

Quote:
The internet

'Ronaldo was a great player'

Unread 23-09-2022, 04:55 PM
M33mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 23-09-2022, 05:05 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Don't watch a lot of foreign league football, it's hard enough to watch utd these days, the few games Ive seen Benzema play in he's looked frightening.

Remember the first game he showed in up against utd, everyone knew he was the deal. Exceptional player.

Unread 23-09-2022, 06:06 PM
92ToBury

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
and for being a glory hunter
this would have worked ten years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
The two Ronnies

peak Wazza doesn't get enough plaudits IMO. Unplayable in every sense of the word.
lol.

saha was the closest thing to fat ronaldo we ever had. criminally underrated.

was looking for some fat ronaldo quotes. this will have to do.

Quote:
the original ronaldo was a buck-toothed, half-haired force of nature. and we certainly couldn't cope with him.

the idea that cristiano is more of an athlete is frankly ridiculous.

he wasn't just a torso of the week spotty dog tricksy stepover greedy free kick type, he was a proper £#%&! did you see how fast he was moving then athlete.

Unread 23-09-2022, 08:08 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Usually the one posting rollies within three minutes of my post

Pal

Lol

Unread 23-09-2022, 09:18 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Other than that Barca season his scoring record doesn't bear comparison with Ronny/Messi - he never hit those Barca heights again really. 2 Balon D'ors is it too in around 10 seasons at top level European football? Yes, definite generational talent, 'Best of the Rest' player from 90s - 20s .. but doesn't break the Ronny/Messi conversation at all (beset by injuries as he was). If not for the other, Ronny/Messi would have swept the Balon D'Ors every season the other won it.

Madrid won a couple of titles and nothing in Europe when he was there, and Inter won a UEFA Cup and nothing domestically. Both those sides were choc full of great players from back to front .. so hardly like he was relied upon to do a Maradonna and drag them to glory single handedly.

For Madrid .. CR7 - 311 goals, 292 games. R9 - 83 goals, 127 games. Tells its own story on which Ronny leaves the insurmountable legacy ..

Unread 23-09-2022, 09:30 PM
dunk

Fat Ron’s time at Madrid was off the back of 2 years out injured, with no knees, no training and 2 stone overweight. A God.

Unread 24-09-2022, 12:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

f*** off and support Abu Berty you absolute colostomy
Go easy mate. His old fella’s a coffin dodger and a glory hunter.

It really is a bit futile, this stuff. It’s hard to name the goat from relatively recent times, never mind compare players you’ve never seen. Fwiw, a player I was always in awe of, Beckenbauer, never gets a mention. I know he wasn’t a striker/forward but I’ve never seen a player so thoroughly control a game. Every time. A cb, who coolly brought the ball out of defence on his own and became a mf player. He was worth 2x players. Scored goals, too.

£#%&!ing hated Bayern and W. Germany.

Unread 24-09-2022, 04:00 AM
Stickman

Not enough Boban in here for my liking.

Unread 24-09-2022, 03:04 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Not enough Boban in here for my liking.

Unread 24-09-2022, 05:02 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Don't watch a lot of foreign league football, it's hard enough to watch utd these days, the few games Ive seen Benzema play in he's looked frightening.

Remember the first game he showed in up against utd, everyone knew he was the deal. Exceptional player.
Some of us loved King Karim from waaaaaaaay back.

Glad he is finally being recognised as a G.

Unread 25-09-2022, 09:59 AM
History

Best performance I've seen live is probably from iniesta in the 2009 Final. Unreal player
Closed Thread