United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2022, 11:44 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
He's not a number 9, and yet he took the points against both Arsenal & L'pool. Nice assist for Sancho to take the points at Leicester. The number of bile-filled pages compared with the complete apathy during his match winning performances in 3 of the 4 games are telling.

The slavish adoration for a completely-shot Ronaldo who couldn't wait to be out of the club not just once but twice while taking the piss in ETH's first pre season on 500 grand a week ("I am a slave": ironic) compared to the time a local lad who does tons for the community suffers is more than a bit stomach curdling.
Get Ronaldo and Rashford out. They're both shit. Hope that makes you feel better.

And he was shit in the match-winning performances too. There's been precious little improvement in him (or Sancho) despite what the gaylords tell you.

Unread 04-10-2022, 03:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
Get Ronaldo and Rashford out. They're both shit. Hope that makes you feel better.

And he was shit in the match-winning performances too. There's been precious little improvement in him (or Sancho) despite what the gaylords tell you.
If we weren’t so desperate, i’d say get rid of Martial while we’re at it. Did well the other day but it would’ve taken a lot out of him and he’ll be back to his usual 3/10 next time out. Ddg should have been £#%&!ed off years ago and I don’t know what’s stopping Erik putting Dubravka in. Maybe he wears a cap.

Id trust ETH to make some changes. Just not sure to what degree his hands are tied.

Unread 04-10-2022, 09:24 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
If we weren’t so desperate, i’d say get rid of Martial while we’re at it. Did well the other day but it would’ve taken a lot out of him and he’ll be back to his usual 3/10 next time out. Ddg should have been f***ed off years ago and I don’t know what’s stopping Erik putting Dubravka in. Maybe he wears a cap.

Id trust ETH to make some changes. Just not sure to what degree his hands are tied.
Go out and buy 3 strikers and get rid of all of them

Unread 04-10-2022, 09:25 AM
dunk

Offer him to Milan part-ex for Leao.

Unread 04-10-2022, 09:36 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This.

Unread 04-10-2022, 11:29 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If only….

Unread 04-10-2022, 12:20 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Offer him to Milan part-ex for Leao.
Bet they do some outstanding school dinners in Italy

Unread 04-10-2022, 01:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
If only….
Will take us 10 years to buy 3 strikers and the first one will have probably retired by the time the second arrives

Unread 04-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Bet they do some outstanding school dinners in Italy
They do in Ipswich. Apparently.

Unread 04-10-2022, 04:45 PM
Baron

Mbappe widely reported to have him on his PSG wanted list - if there was any danger of them offering a stupid number you'd have to seriously consider it. His fundamentals are woefully lacking for a player on the wages & role he has in the squad, let alone starting XI.

I can't really get my head around how players can have such a wide gap between their lowest ebb & their ceiling. Surely being consistent is literally the first thing you expect when you get to this level?

Unread 04-10-2022, 06:11 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Mbappe widely reported to have him on his PSG wanted list - if there was any danger of them offering a stupid number you'd have to seriously consider it. His fundamentals are woefully lacking for a player on the wages & role he has in the squad, let alone starting XI.

I can't really get my head around how players can have such a wide gap between their lowest ebb & their ceiling. Surely being consistent is literally the first thing you expect when you get to this level?
Distracted. Money must go to their heads a fair bit. Their only challenge is diet and keeping fit/rested. Not news but it must leave a fair vacuum between the ears

All the more respect to those who manage to stay grounded and focused.. CR etc.

Unread 06-10-2022, 07:58 PM
AK14

Worked his %@#$&!s off tonight.

Can’t remember the last time he scored a goal like his 2nd (someone will be along shortly to say he scored one like it a couple of weeks ago I’m sure..), following in and busting his balls to get into the box is something we need to see more of

More of the same please rashers.

Unread 06-10-2022, 08:00 PM
red in cumbria

Has as many goals and assists this campaign as for the whole of last season. In one quarter as many games.

He wasn't very good against a rampant city, though. Sell him blah blah.

Unread 06-10-2022, 08:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Worked his %@#$&!s off tonight.

Can’t remember the last time he scored a goal like his 2nd (someone will be along shortly to say he scored one like it a couple of weeks ago I’m sure..), following in and busting his balls to get into the box is something we need to see more of

More of the same please rashers.
Late winner v West Ham last season?

Unread 06-10-2022, 09:47 PM
sweetleftfoot

Was good tonight. Green shoots...

Unread 06-10-2022, 10:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Him and Martial could be as good as Cole and Yorke were (nothing to do with them all being black lads) They both have it, its just a matter of getting it out of them consistently, hopefully ETH will be able to.

Unread 06-10-2022, 10:21 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Him and Martial could be as good as Cole and Yorke were (nothing to do with them all being black lads) They both have it, its just a matter of getting it out of them consistently, hopefully ETH will be able to.
Unless you're going to magically give Rashford a brain or give Martial the mental capacity to decide to run off the ball, seems a bit of a long shot.

Unread 06-10-2022, 10:43 PM
armchair

Put in the work, chased lost causes, got his reward.

This is the way.

Unread 06-10-2022, 11:04 PM
ragnorak

The ball he chased down and got by the corner flag, haven't seen him do that for a long time. Now he needs more consistency, he doesn't the same leeway as Malacia who is still young and adapting that we have to expect that inconsistency.

If he manages it and carries on his career here it will be a hell of a comeback, I really thought he was done with us. suppose he has this season to show his worth

Unread 07-10-2022, 04:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Same as Martial. Same as Shaw. Don’t trust the £#%&!er to put in a shift 3 games running. Use as necessary until replaced
Closed Thread