United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-04-2022, 08:28 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Happy losing every game we have left now. Does 7th not put us in some europa thing?
Think we have to finish 8th ie below wolves to avoid Thursday/Sunday. That’s got to be the objective from here.

And if anyone can do it, it’s this group of players with Ralph steering the ship onto the rocks

Unread 24-04-2022, 08:52 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Think we have to finish 8th ie below wolves to avoid Thursday/Sunday. That’s got to be the objective from here.

And if anyone can do it, it’s this group of players with Ralph steering the ship onto the rocks
Chelsea....better team than us, no problems there

Brentford....first visit to OT, big game for them, will want a result for their away fans

Brighton....bit worried about this one, we could pick up points

Palace....they will want to end their season on a high at home in front of those £#%&!ers with the flags

Still need wolves and West Ham to perform, but hope springs eternal

Unread 24-04-2022, 09:18 AM
Ethers

4 wins in the last 15 games for Ralf.

Ole was sacked after 5 wins in 14.

Steadying the ship. Der Gaffer.

Unread 24-04-2022, 09:27 AM
Pop

7th and Utd avoid Europa League qualifiers and glamour ties away to FC Sfintul Gheorge Suruceni.

West Ham (1) and Wolves (2) have games in hand and both will go above Utd so fingers crossed.

Unread 24-04-2022, 09:29 AM
NedKelly

If Ralf keeps us out of the Europa then its a job well done imo

Unread 24-04-2022, 09:33 AM
Chris Quayd

Lack of ambition from some posters is worrying, we could have made it to the bottom half of the table had we not signed Ronaldo.

Unread 24-04-2022, 09:38 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Did at first, but I don’t think anyone is now saying anything other than it’s as bad as it was when Ole left. Even the decent defensive record has gone right out the window. Ralf admitted as much yesterday. This group is done. An absolute stinker of a season both overall and in terms of individual games. Meanwhile, we’re hoping our nearest rivals don’t get Trebles and Quadruples.

Season end can’t come soon enough.

Unread 24-04-2022, 09:43 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Did at first, but I don’t think anyone is now saying anything other than it’s as bad as it was when Ole left. Even the decent defensive record has gone right out the window. Ralf admitted as much yesterday. This group is done. An absolute stinker of a season both overall and in terms of individual games. Meanwhile, we’re hoping our nearest rivals don’t get Trebles and Quadruples.

Season end can’t come soon enough.
But some are still saying he's not done a bad job, hence the confusion.

Would love an 8th place finish. Would normally take Europa but after how much everyone around us are trying their best to avoid that 4th place spot it'll just take the piss now.

Would rather get relegated than be in the Europa conference.

Unread 24-04-2022, 09:58 AM
saffers

Quote:

He did steady the ship and thats what kills you.

Nobody is still counting score now, we have a new manager coming.

Ole had 3 years of stinking up the gaff and you defended him. He is the reason we are where we are now. He is the reason Haaland is off to City which will affect our chances in the coming years. He is the reason Liverpool squeaked into the champions league last season and may well win it this year.

Enjoy the Ole legacy. How dare you cry about Ralf. State of you guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
But some are still saying he's not done a bad job, hence the confusion.

Would love an 8th place finish. Would normally take Europa but after how much everyone around us are trying their best to avoid that 4th place spot it'll just take the piss now.

Would rather get relegated than be in the Europa conference.
You said Ole did a good job so who cares about your opinion.

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:02 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Ole had 3 years of stinking up the gaff and you defended him. He is the reason we are where we are now. He is the reason Haaland is off to City which will affect our chances in the coming years. He is the reason Liverpool squeaked into the champions league last season and may well win it this year.

4 wins in 15 for your dream appointment. Must hurt for someone as obsessed with being right on the internet as you are.

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:06 AM
saffers

Quote:
4 wins in 15 for your dream appointment. Must hurt for someone as obsessed with being right on the internet as you are.
I'm not obsessed with being right, I just happen to always be right. Not my fault.

And Rangnick has been a miss results wise, i'm not sure anyone would have been with the situation that was inherited. But how many interims would be doing the other work Ralf has been doing.

He is singlehandedly taking on all the issues that have killed us post-Fergie.

People should be grateful. But we do have a lot of people who are more Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ole fans than they are Man Utd fans. You also have people who are glazer apologists who wont be much fond of some of the things Ralfs been spitting lately.

He needs a red carpet into his new office. Finally there are footballing people in charge of our club. The Woodward era is OVER.

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:10 AM
Ethers

I honestly hope you’re right pal. I’m not sure it required binning off a whole season to find someone willing to point out the things he has, and I fear that the way he’s stepped up his criticisms in the last couple of weeks is because he knows his tenure is coming to an end, and doesn’t expect to have much influence from next season onwards. We’ll see though.

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:11 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I'm not obsessed with being right, I just happen to always be right. Not my fault.

And Rangnick has been a miss results wise, i'm not sure anyone would have been with the situation that was inherited. But how many interims would be doing the other work Ralf has been doing.

He is singlehandedly taking on all the issues that have killed us post-Fergie.

People should be grateful. But we do have a lot of people who are more Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ole fans than they are Man Utd fans. You also have people who are glazer apologists who wont be much fond of some of the things Ralfs been spitting lately.

He needs a red carpet into his new office. Finally there are footballing people in charge of our club. The Woodward era is OVER.
The balls on this lad - incredible - to be giving out this kind of advice after a year of doing absolutely the opposite.

It’s difficult not to admire him.

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:18 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

You're proper demented

I said Ole should be sacked after winning 5 in 14.

You think Ralf has steadied the ship after winning 4 in 15

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:18 AM
puressence

Wheres pochs avatar

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:30 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I honestly hope you’re right pal. I’m not sure it required binning off a whole season to find someone willing to point out the things he has, and I fear that the way he’s stepped up his criticisms in the last couple of weeks is because he knows his tenure is coming to an end, and doesn’t expect to have much influence from next season onwards. We’ll see though.
I’m sure it wasn’t the intention, but perhaps it need to get this bad to wake everyone up. No hiding behind top four. No clinging to some perceived progress. We are palpably bad.

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:33 AM
NedKelly

*BAN KLAXON*

Saffers is down - I repeat, Saffers is down.

*BAN KLAXON*

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:37 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
*BAN KLAXON*

Saffers is down - I repeat, Saffers is down.

*BAN KLAXON*
*immediately posts off topic post*

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:44 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
*immediately posts off topic post*
you’re back!

Sorry. I don’t have much else to add. I’m not really a fan of the current football we’re playing, and am eagerly awaiting ETH’s arrival. Trying to stay positive but it’s hard when we have such an unlikeable team, and our two biggest rivals are flying.

Sort of just accepted this season as a total write off a few months back so I’m trying to take the losses on the chin in the hope that we come back and dish out some revenge beatings in the next couple of years.

Unread 24-04-2022, 10:52 AM
jem

Quote:
But we do have a lot of people who are more Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ole fans than they are Man Utd fans.
not sure we have any.