United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:24 PM
Ronny

Hannibal might have been useful for this second half.
As bad as our defending has been its midfield where a hopeful punt upfield seems our only tactic.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Elanga - slight touch and goes over - no pen

Whoever the Arsenal player was - slight touch and goes over - pen

At least be consistent when it's the the same game.
The two situations were completely different tbf. One is an arm on the shoulder, the other is the player getting cleaned out by a mistimed challenge.

Both decisions were correct, unfortunately.

ZiggyStardust

We’ve been decent going forward but wasteful
However it’s been another horror show at the back especially in the full back position

The Scottish Player showing he just isn’t good enough
Touch of a rapist and hides when we have the ball

Ronaldo and Matic have been by far our best players
The £#%&!ing old men of the team

Dasilvatwins

Arsenal are £#%&!. Our defence is just shit. £#%&! sake, absolute @#%&!s. No pride anymore. VarAne is on the shit list need a new back 4. None of them can play. Dalot telles and varane for the first goal was %@#$&!s. Then on the penalty ( it wasn’t one) left space in behind.

Never mind the elanga foul and handball. £#%&!ing Arsenal. Also I swear to God I hope someone throttles that £#%&!ing jumping uppity #@&%! arteta

Sparky***

You can’t expect to win games when teams can just walk through your joke of a defence at will.

Telles and Dalot, easily the worst full backs outside of the bottom 4. Horrendous, ball watching, stupid idiots. Clueless.

Whoever signed those two should be blasted into the sun

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Ronaldo for me
Yeah he’s been good too

Says it all that the two 33+ players are the best we have.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:26 PM
History

Telles is the worst full back I can think of seeing in the last 20 years.

Bring back Darmian or Tyler blackett

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We’ve been decent going forward but wasteful
However it’s been another horror show at the back especially in the full back position

The Scottish Player showing he just isn’t good enough
Touch of a rapist and hides when we have the ball

Ronaldo and Matic have been by far our best players
The £#%&!ing old men of the team
This is an infuriating feature of his game. It’s odd too, but he’s one of the few in the team that isn’t a coward, so I’m not sure why he would hide like that. I’d like to think it’s just a lack of reading of the game that someone like ETH might be able coach out of him

Matic’s composure on the ball is needed and something we need to address in the summer. It’s just a shame he moves like a coffin.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:30 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Telles is the worst full back I can think of seeing in the last 20 years.

Bring back Darmian or Tyler blackett
Alexander Buttner (more Prem medals than Steven Gerrard, dontcha know) would probably be happy to come back.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You can’t expect to win games when teams can just walk through your joke of a defence at will.

Telles and Dalot, easily the worst full backs outside of the bottom 4. Horrendous, ball watching, stupid idiots. Clueless.

Whoever signed those two should be blasted into the sun
There’s much talk (rightly) of our non-existent midfield, but the full back areas are just as problematic for me. They ruin everything. City, Liverpool and Chelsea show the value of quality full backs. Stick any of ours in their side and the teams would hugely compromised.

All four of our full backs are shit and need replacing imo.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:31 PM
jem

I expect ralf is giving them some gentle encouragement at half-time as he serves the tea.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:31 PM
puressence

The annoying thing is. These really are shit. And arguably worse than us at the back. Ffs come on reds .. that handball penalty is just a £#%&!ing sham of a decision so so poor

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:32 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This is an infuriating feature of his game. It’s odd too, but he’s one of the few in the team that isn’t a coward, so I’m not sure why he would hide like that. I’d like to think it’s just a lack of reading of the game that someone like ETH might be able coach out of him

Matic’s composure on the ball is needed and something we need to address in the summer. It’s just a shame he moves like a coffin.
He’s not afraid of the physical stuff, he’s just afraid of the being on the ball and making a £#%&! up

There’s different forms of courage, in football the most important is the courage to get on the ball
The Scottish Player hasn’t got it

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Elanga - slight touch and goes over - no pen

Whoever the Arsenal player was - slight touch and goes over - pen

At least be consistent when it's the the same game.
The referee and VAR are a £#%&!ing joke. No matter how you dress that penalty up, it is no way a clear and obvious error. Absolutely pathetic.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
The annoying thing is. These really are shit. And arguably worse than us at the back. Ffs come on reds .. that handball penalty is just a £#%&!ing sham of a decision so so poor
They really are. This is them at relative full strength, and a manager with his feet under the table, and they’re nearly as bad as us at our lowest ebb. They need to make top four this season, but they won’t be doing it next season. I expect us, spurs and probably Newcastle to finish above them.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
This. Arsenal are shite. Arteta needs a smack , how does the Ref not card or warn him for running out his area for getting in his face for the VAR pen call.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s not afraid of the physical stuff, he’s just afraid of the being on the ball and making a £#%&! up

There’s different forms of courage, in football the most important is the courage to get on the ball
The Scottish Player hasn’t got it
I know, I know….I was just hoping it wasn’t that. Let me dream, Zig!

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
All four of our full backs are shit and need replacing imo.
dalot and telles aren't really fullbacks. they are there to attack. each of them came close to scoring. maybe play three at the back, if they are going to be useful. given that we have no choice anyway.

wan b.... could be useful in the squad. would not play him as a fullback, maybe right of a three or occasional mtm marker. could be coached.

not having a word said against shaw. soz.

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:35 PM
History

So if you chase on all fours like a dog. You become a goalkeeper? Pep and his offsprings revolutionising the game again

Unread 23-04-2022, 01:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I expect ralf is giving them some gentle encouragement at half-time as he serves the tea.
He’s getting them to come out all guns blazing for the 2nd half by giving a ten minute long damning indictment of the canteen facilities at Carrington. Nothing gets past this guy.